Supergirl Love Interests/The Shipping Thread

Felicity. *ducks*

Well, I'm sure that in between breaking up with and getting back together with James (because that's ALWAYS how it goes with the primary love interest on TV shows) she'll hook up with Male-licity (Wynn) at some point.

So do people think we'll see Chyler and Maggie in a full-blown relationship when Supergirl returns in the New Year?

And how long will this last? These CW relationships don't seem to be built for the long haul.

Well, I'm sure that in between breaking up with and getting back together with James (because that's ALWAYS how it goes with the primary love interest on TV shows) she'll hook up with Male-licity (Wynn) at some point.

The only ships the show needs are Sanvers, SuperCorp, and Wimes.

Sanvers I know, but what are SuperCorp and Wimes?

SuperCorp - Kara/Supergirl and Lena Luthor.
Wimes - Winn and James.

So do people think we'll see Chyler and Maggie in a full-blown relationship when Supergirl returns in the New Year?

And how long will this last? These CW relationships don't seem to be built for the long haul.

Well, according to Kreisberg, yeah....Alex and Maggie will be in a full blown relationship with ups and downs, but he says that they (writers/PTB) are committed to that relationship so looks that way. I have a feeling it will be one of the stronger relationships on the CW if not TV....I think they are that committed to it.

As far as any other relationships on the show? who knows....I hate the whole "shipping" thing anyway, I think as soon as two names are put together, that relationship is doomed. :csad:

Wimes - Winn and James.

Some of the SuperCorp and Sanvers cracks on YouTube are pretty hilarious. Especially the SuperCorp ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mo5_9wBA0E

The only ships the show needs are Sanvers, SuperCorp, and Wimes.

Are you talking the last two as friend"ships"? Because I'm confused by all of that.... I don't see anyone else coming out as gay or lesbian on the show. So all of that talk on Twitter, etc....is pretty confusing to me, I'm just not seeing it.

It's tumblr. Het ships not allowed.

I definitely see the possibility of Lena having a crush on Kara, that's about the extent I see that ship going. Besides, I love Kara/Mon-el.

I definitely see the possibility of Lena having a crush on Kara, that's about the extent I see that ship going. Besides, I love Kara/Mon-el.

One of my fav parts of this season... :woot:

Wimes - Winn and James.
Oh my, lol.

Yeah I'm with Kelly, those ain't happenin'. That said, re-watching the season so far over the break, I can at least see where the "SuperCorp" shippers would be getting their material from - though almost certainly unintentional on the parts of the writers, Lena does seem a bit...flirty with Kara in just about all of their scenes, lol. So yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if Lena Luthor were revealed to be gay or bi at some point (and I think it would be kinda nice if they did so casually and didn't make a big thing of it at all), but that's about it. Kara/Mon-El is clearly the sailing ship here.

It's on Twitter as well, and good grief, if you even hint that you disagree with some, they are rabid. :( I have seen a couple of people torn apart on twitter over simply liking the Kara/Mon-el relationship over Alex/Maggie.

When Chris Wood got the most interesting new character award on some random tv show site some went absolutely nuts that it wasn't Maggie. I just read on Twitter, I don't post much......it's scurry out there.

I'm loving the Alex/Maggie relationship and I'm glad to hear that the writers are committed to making it a strong, although surely some bumps in the road along the way.

But, my favorite is Kara/Mon-el I love their chemistry.

It's on Twitter as well, and good grief, if you even hint that you disagree with some, they are rabid. :( I have seen a couple of people torn apart on twitter over simply liking the Kara/Mon-el relationship over Alex/Maggie.

When Chris Wood got the most interesting new character award on some random tv show site some went absolutely nuts that it wasn't Maggie. I just read on Twitter, I don't post much......it's scurry out there.

I'm loving the Alex/Maggie relationship and I'm glad to hear that the writers are committed to making it a strong, although surely some bumps in the road along the way.

I am starting to think that is how twitter is... You can't talk nuance with 140 characters.

People will relate to shows in a way that is highly personal to them and will ship people in way that makes sense to them. It is not necessary that one person's ship may make sense to other. And it is definitely not necessary that the ship need to be canon for it to be shipped. It'd be great if people would just accept that and let people ship whom they will.

However, for some reason beyond my understanding, they don't. And worse, they assign emotions and rationale for other people's ships that are ignorant (ignorant of the shipper's reasons, I mean), disrespectful and hurtful. And decide that other people need to be taught a lesson.:csad:

I wish folks didn't do that and that we had a kinder fandom; but well, that is not how it works; anywhere.:whatever:

I think it's best to just enjoy stuff, ignore the fandom (where romantic-ships are concerned), and ship whoever you want... :)

As for new character; that is appalling... :(

But, my favorite is Kara/Mon-el I love their chemistry.

:D

I hope it will continue to be enjoyable for you.

Last edited:
As far as twitter.....doesn't take 140 characters to call someone homophobic which is what I saw...it was very sad to see, and it was very much a pack mentality. I know several gay couples, one of them for the past 26 years, and when they see things like that happening they get furious. AND I MEAN FURIOUS... :( They believe that that kind of mentality sets back any kind of truly open society for years. They hate it.....

HOWEVER, I have also seen quite the opposite, not so much on twitter, but reading some of the replies on TV sites from people who are very much homophobic is just as disheartening.

I don't pretend to understand the biological make up of any of it....don't really need to, I simply think that two people who love each other, should be free to do that...it's not really rocket science to me, never has been. But the vitriol of the speech at the far ends of the spectrum are just horrible IMO.

Some of the SuperCorp and Sanvers cracks on YouTube are pretty hilarious. Especially the SuperCorp ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mo5_9wBA0E

That was pretty funny. Liked the quick cuts and fandom/shipper 'reactions.' Also liked that they were using Once Upon a Time outtakes too!

Well, according to Kreisberg, yeah....Alex and Maggie will be in a full blown relationship with ups and downs, but he says that they (writers/PTB) are committed to that relationship so looks that way. I have a feeling it will be one of the stronger relationships on the CW if not TV....I think they are that committed to it.

Well I hope so. One thing I hate the most are the relationships with the 2-EP limit!:cmad:

Would love to see at least one stable, long-lasting relationship happening.:cwink:

Last edited:
Grant seems to convey 'chemistry' with all his co-stars.

Well no actually, Iris and Barry grew up together and the actors don't have enough chemistry for their romance to be believable.

I like the idea of Kara and Barry, too bad each time it happens it has to be a crossover which requires planning and promotion. I can wait for the next one!

Well no actually, Iris and Barry grew up together and the actors don't have enough chemistry for their romance to be believable.

I like the idea of Kara and Barry, too bad each time it happens it has to be a crossover which requires planning and promotion. I can wait for the next one!

In your opinion of course, mine differs.....I think they have fantastic chemistry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"