Lupin III - the CG Movie

I just saw this, and it looks pretty fantastic imo. I as shocked how much life is in everyone's eyes. I am very excited about this now.

I really dig the look. I quite like Lupin, so always nice to see new content. That this looks great, is a very nice bonus.

Hopefully we get a dub or sub version released, but I can already tell it's pretty accurate.

I'm sure we will at some point. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

It has been licensed by GKIDS for release in North America, but with theaters closed who knows when that will be.

It has been licensed by GKIDS for release in North America, but with theaters closed who knows when that will be.
Yeah that sucks as I would have loved to see this with a crowd.

LPN3_Fujiko_02-1024x429.jpg

LPN3_Select_02-1024x436.jpg

LPN3_Laetitia_Cave-1024x420.png

This is pretty much how you adapt 2D animation to CG, no need to go full photoreal all the time.
I completely agree. It has taken the classic animation as it was and just transported it to 3D CGI. It's taken the series and made it look really modern and fresh, without really changing anything. I love it.

Last edited:
I am so pumped by the news of the english dub and with the OG cast no less I am so getting this as I loved the reruns of the series on TV when it was still airing.

I am so pumped by the news of the english dub and with the OG cast no less I am so getting this as I loved the reruns of the series on TV when it was still airing.

I assume you are talking about Part II because that had a big presence on Adult Swim back in the day. Have you seen the more recent The Woman Called Fujiko Mine, Part IV and Part V? Because they are great. TWCFM in particular is one of my absolute favorite anime. I love the art style and noirish atmosphere of that series.

yeah I only saw the ones that aired on AS back in the day I remember playing a Lupin PS2 game that had was fun (for the time).

I like what I’m seeing so far. Will definitely try to check this one out.

Terry, you beautiful man! So I guess this means they are going to release it streaming over here. Couldn't be more excited for it. It looks so good.

I still hate I won't get to see this in theaters with fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"