M. Night Shyamalan's After Earth

Project862006

Avenger
Reaction score
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blogs/heat-vision/exclusive-m-night-shyamalans-new-31696
M.-Night-Shyamalan.jpg

M. Night Shyamalan is in town this week, working on putting together his next directorial effort which will see him working with Will Smith.

But it won’t be the secret untitled project he shopped around in June. That script, which came with Bruce Willis, Bradley Cooper and Gwyneth Paltrow loosely attached, never found a buyer and was quietly shelved.
That’s not to say Shyamalan has lost his love for secrecy -- sources are saying Shyamalan is developing an ultra clandestine sci-fi project titled One Thousand A. E., being developed at Overbrook, the production company Smith runs with James Lassiter, Ken Stovitz and Jada Pinkett Smith. And unlike most of Shyamalan’s oeuvre, to which his most recent film The Last Airbender is an exception, A.E. is not written by Shyamalan.
That honor goes to Gary Whitta, who wrote The Book of Eli and Undying, his in-development Kurt Russell project.
Plot details are under lock and key although it is known that A.E. is being developed as a vehicle for Jaden Smith. There is a starring role for an adult male, although sources said Will Smith is not taking it on.
A.E. has no studio home yet although Overbrook has a first-look deal with Sony, which will likely be its home.

HE WILL NOT WRITE THE SCRIPT!!!:awesome:

there may be hope

Last edited:
It'll tank just like everything else he touches now.

It'll tank just like everything else he touches now.

Yeah, but Will Smith is involved and everything he touches is a hit. So, they'll be some balance. Maybe a medium-sized hit.

finally... i think we broke his writing ego lol

3 or 4 films too late and ruined a potential franchise in the process

but we did it lol

Did you say M.Night shyamalan directing Jayden "Karate Kid" Smith?

happening-trailer-wahlberg.jpg

Jaden Smith is set to star opposite his father, Will Smith, for director M. Night Shyamalan in an untitled sci-fi adventure, Doug Belgrad, president of Columbia Pictures, announced Monday.
THR/Heat Vision first broke the story that Shyamalan was teaming up with Smith on the sci-fi project in October. At the time, the project was called One Thousand AE.
Set 1,000 years into the future, the movie centers on a young boy who navigates an abandoned and sometimes scary Earth to save himself and his estranged father after their ship crashes.
Shyamalan and Will Smith will produce with James Lassiter, Jada Pinkett Smith and Ken Stovitz, Smith’s partners at Overbrook Entertainment. The screenplay is by M. Night Shyamalan and Gary Whitta.

“Night is an outstanding filmmaker who has a tremendous vision for this science-fiction adventure story and we couldn't be more excited to be working again with Jaden after our experiences on The Pursuit of Happyness and The Karate Kid,” Belgrad said in a statement. “We’re thrilled to have the two of them together on this project.”

Added Shyamalan, "The chance to make a scary, science-fiction film starring Jaden and Will is my dream project."

Jaden made his big screen debut in 2006's The Pursuit of Happyness costarring his dad.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/will-smith-star-opposite-son-174390
Will+Smith+willsmith.jpg

Sci-fi version of Pursuit of Happyness.

So M. Night is directing, it was his idea and he's not writing plus Will Smith is starring. Sign me up. M. Night is a pretty damn good director and an idea man he's just an awful writer.

actually deadline article now says he is writing but with other people lol

Dream project? Really, Shyamalan? Yeah, ok.

m night since 2004 is one of the WORST directors in the history of movies. i cant believe some of the acting he allows in his movies now. that girl in the last airbender was going to cry everything she delivered a line. there is not one natural conversation in that movie. every single line is exposition, and TERRIBLY delivered. and good lord the action was bad...his style of directing doesnt work for action. single long takes he does kind of reveal how fake everything is and the ....im just going to stop. im going on another airbender rant....but

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnBkaygLSJs&feature=related

HOW CAN YOU ALLOWED ACTING THIS CRAPPY!?!?!!? and thats not even the worst in the movie!

and what the hell is this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NlofTT7anM&NR=1

m night imo can only do dark thriller movies with scary stoic,frightened performances from his actors

M Night directing children??? How bad could it be??

So, what do you all think the tweest of this one will be?

a good movie perhaps lol

TLA did'nt have a twist it just sucked

M Night directing children??? How bad could it be??
i understand that hes last movie with kids was Aiirbender. but i think he got fantastic acting out of Joel Osment and Treat Clark.

the guy is a good director

Sure, he's a good director if you've been living under a rock for the past decade. To me, The Village wasn't that bad, but it was the start of it. Then Lady in the Water. Then The Happening. Then Airbender. It just collapsed under his feet.

And not to give you a hard time (because I like you Dark B) it's HIS, not hes. It's worst than confusing 'your' with 'you're'.

i feel TLA was his final nail

I liked sixth sense and unbreakable, the village was solid ,the lady in the water i gave a pass because it was quite weird and maybe i misunderstood what he was going for, then the happening was bad but i gave him a chance then TLA was beyond terrible and ruined a possible franchise in the process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"