M. Night Shyamalan's GLASS

Fallen Angel

Earth Bound
Reaction score
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...alan-confirms-sequel-unbreakable-split-997515

After 17 years, M. Night Shyamalan is finally delivering a proper sequel to Unbreakable.

The writer-director announced the news on Twitter Wednesday after months of teasing a new script he's been writing titled GLASS. Bruce Willis and Samuel L. Jackson are set to return.

Universal will release the film on January 18, 2019.

"It’s taken 17 years but I can finally answer the #1 question I get, 'Are you making a f#&@ing sequel to Unbreakable or what?' " he tweeted. "My new film is the sequel to #Unbreakable AND #Split. It was always my dream to have both films collide in this third film."

Shyamalan is coming off a hot streak, with Split earning more than $275 million worldwide on a $9 million budget. He has been tweeting progress on a Split followup for several months. His 2015 found-footage film The Visit was also a box-office hit and well-liked by critics.

M. Night Shyamalan‏ @MNightShyamalan

The iconic Bruce Willis returns as David Dunn

The incomparable @SamuelLJackson will return as Elijah Price/Mr. Glass

The virtuoso #JamesMcAvoy returns as Kevin Wendell Crumb, Patricia, Dennis, Hedwig, Barry, Jade, Orwell, The Beast, Heinrich, Norma, Pol-

And the prodigy, @AnyaTaylorJoy will return as Casey Cooke

Huh. Been a long, long time since I was excited for a new M. Night movie. Here's hoping that Split wasn't a one off in return to quality.

Mr. Glass and The Horde vs Bruce Willis, though...

EDIT: Anya Taylor Joy is returning? Give her some powers? Excellent.

After how I much I liked Split, I am open to this.

Going to finally see Split this weekend. I can't believe we're finally getting sequels to Unbreakable and The Incredibles. Two of the best, original superhero movies in the 2000s.

Great name, hope it sticks!

Though the January release seems a bit... soon? Didn't expect this for another few years to be honest, since Split took so long to cultivate. I'm a little worried it will be rushed, but I have faith.

great name, hope it sticks!

Though the january release seems a bit... Soon? Didn't expect this for another few years to be honest, since split took so long to cultivate. I'm a little worried it will be rushed, but i have faith.

Loved Split but I just watched Unbreakable recently and it was (in my opionion, as I think it's pretty well-liked) pretty boring. Hopefully Glass has the same tension and fun as Split did. Excited to see SLJ back as mr glass as well.

You know it's gonna take a few jabs at the whole shared universe thing.

Willis, Sam Jackson, McAvoy, and Anya all in the same movie=Awesome.

Now he just need James Newton Howard to round out the perfect storm.

And obviously there are more people with powers aside from just them.

9UndbnA.gif

Excited for an Unbreakable sequel, never saw Split and had no idea it was related to Unbreakable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"