Machines will achieve human-level artificial intelligence by 2029

Skynet....have we learned nothing from movies?

Holy crap, is that real?
Last time I saw one of those in action he walked like a drunk Hobo with burns on the soles of his feet.
Smooth movements....but they really should've made them do the Robot. :huh:

More likely to look like Johnny 5 than terminator
2260-0032a.jpg

Is alive!!!!!!!

More likely to look like Johnny 5 than terminator
2260-0032a.jpg

Certain police forces have robots that they send in first to dangerous situations. Those are very similar looking to 'Johnny 5.' The situation I saw had the police sending in the robot to negotiate with a man who had holed himself up in his home. The man shot the robot 5-6 times and it kept coming at him. The robot made it up stairs and everything.

The only difference between the police robot and Johnny 5 was that the 'robocop' was remote controlled.

Hmm... I wonder. Having Nanobots in our brains, does that mean being able to unlock the other 90% of our brains?

Ugh... Such a ******ed, outdated, unsubstantiated myth!!! :cmad:

I want these guys to come over and dance for my next birthday party!

Haha sweet deal, they are getting pretty good at movement!

As for the original post, makes me worry... Nothing good can come of this in the long run.

I'm willing to allow scientists to experiment on my body w/ cybernetic upgrades.. as long as I get paid. :up:

I'm willing to allow scientists to experiment on my body w/ cybernetic upgrades.. as long as I get paid. :up:

I want to see some people have these procedures done first. I'm not ready to allow someone to drill a hole in my head and put a computer in my brain.

Holy crap, is that real?
Last time I saw one of those in action he walked like a drunk Hobo with burns on the soles of his feet.
Smooth movements....but they really should've made them do the Robot. :huh:

yea they are all real.

The dancing ones are called Qrio, But the project was canceled in 2006 when Sony executives got scared about the new future Qrio designs. It was terminated for reasons they don't want to share, for it may scare others :wow:

for some reason i can't stop watching this...

[YT]POuxHMEM2_Q[/YT]

[YT]33a33XEVHKE[/YT]

I heard a rumor that they're gonna have flying cars by the year 2000. I totally believe it.

Wait a minute...

Everyone knows the year is 2011. Not 2029. This guy is a quack.

omg I so totally want a Qrio!!! And I'd make him a little monkey suit so I could take him out on Halloween becuase I like monkies =)

The thing is Vernor Vinge has been putting this stuff out for so long, is, this theory news to anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"