Machines will achieve human-level artificial intelligence by 2029

i don't see great strides in programs that say copy me.

Keep in mind, the state of the art technolgy we have today - the government had it 20-30 years ago. Which means, the nano technology that we are starting to see was actually existed in the 1970's. What ever you can imagine man having in 2030, they already have it

i was refering to virii and they are fundamentally the same now as they ever were. the differences being soley to avoid detection by anti virus software.

Exactly, all these scientists say "We want to achieve human intelligence within computers" but really we need to ask them "Are you sure these computers won't take over?" or "Will they become smarter than us?". Computers learn, so do we. Computers don't have a conscience, we do.

Well that remains to be scene they can be built with certain rules to stop that. Just depends if they bypass them in the future.

Keep in mind, the state of the art technolgy we have today - the government had it 20-30 years ago. Which means, the nano technology that we are starting to see was actually existed in the 1970's. What ever you can imagine man having in 2030, they already have it

i missed out on saying that this goverment is 20 years ahead tech wise malarky was malarky. goverments needs contractors like raytheon, lockheed martin and boeing for most the tech they use. those lot in turn contract many other businesses to work on their own computer systems.

By the time Skynet became self-aware it had spread into millions of computer servers across the planet. Ordinary computers in office buildings, dorm rooms; everywhere. It was software; in cyberspace. There was no system core; it could not be shutdown. The attack began at 6:18 PM, just as he said it would. Judgment Day, the day the human race was almost destroyed by the weapons they'd built to protect themselves. I should have realized it was never our destiny to stop Judgment Day, it was merely to survive it, together. The Terminator knew; he tried to tell us, but I didn't want to hear it. Maybe the future has been written. I don't know; all I know is what the Terminator taught me; never stop fighting. And I never will. The battle has just begun.

By the time Skynet became self-aware it had spread into millions of computer servers across the planet. Ordinary computers in office buildings, dorm rooms; everywhere. It was software; in cyberspace. There was no system core; it could not be shutdown. The attack began at 6:18 PM, just as he said it would. Judgment Day, the day the human race was almost destroyed by the weapons they'd built to protect themselves. I should have realized it was never our destiny to stop Judgment Day, it was merely to survive it, together. The Terminator knew; he tried to tell us, but I didn't want to hear it. Maybe the future has been written. I don't know; all I know is what the Terminator taught me; never stop fighting. And I never will. The battle has just begun.

Terminator 3 sucked.

i see they went to a distributed computing model. folding@home is skynet :eek:

Everthing has its flaws.

Think of virus programmers, how well have they adapted over the years?

Hell yeah. Look at people, I can't get a damn one of them to do exactly what I want.:huh:

i missed out on saying that this goverment is 20 years ahead tech wise malarky was malarky. goverments needs contractors like raytheon, lockheed martin and boeing for most the tech they use. those lot in turn contract many other businesses to work on their own computer systems.

No it's not. The government had access to computers 20 years before the public ever did. As for what you are saying about these corporations, you actually think government is smaller than these corporations? Trust me the government knows what these corporations are doing every step of the way. The government monitors us all the way from school up. If someone shows a knack for something the government is all over them like a friggin' hawk.

No it's not. The government had access to computers 20 years before the public ever did. As for what you are saying about these corporations, you actually think government is smaller than these corporations? Trust me the government knows what these corporations are doing every step of the way. The government monitors us all the way from school up. If someone shows a knack for something the government is all over them like a friggin' hawk.

well i could site the difference engine, which was privately owned. or the list of the top performing super computers. other than during the war, computers have been pushed forwards by private industries and university research. since the intrest in them is for commercial or academic reasons. the internet which began as a goverment system moved into the public domain in much the same way.

BINGO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"