Mad Max: Furiosa Spinoff

I guess that explains why Hemsworth is training for Extraction 2.

Considering the very long gestation of Fury Road… it could be worse.

Fury Road was filmed in 2012 and realesed in 2015. Everything is ok.

He looks like a younger Immortan Joe.

EoUEw25UUAEatiE.jpg

Scheduling conflicts seems a bit of an odd excuse since Yahya Abdul-Mateen II didn’t seem to have anything else significant going in 2022. After a bit of research I found a peculiar project called “Emergency Contact” which he will Star and executive produce alongside the Rock Dwayne Johnson.

Could that be the “passion project” named in the article that generated the scheduling conflicts… I also wonder if they’ll take a different route with this prequel since to me that actor looks very much like Immortan Joe and they could be using him as, once again, the villain of the piece. I guess it kind of makes sense since the story will be about a younger Furiosa as well… Interesting.

Yeah, maybe instead of just recasting the part as written, they just rewrote the part entirely as something different.

Was he supposed to be the villain in this? I thought I read somewhere that Hemsworth would be the baddie.

I also got immediate Toecutter vibes from Tom Burke.

89f720707607f6f7958f83260a9ea9ac.gif

I love Miller's bad guys.

Was he supposed to be the villain in this? I thought I read somewhere that Hemsworth would be the baddie.

IF any of this is right, what’s to say Immortan Joe was bad when he started? So he may not be a villain at this point.

Yeh according to some rumors floating around I think Hemsworth was suppose to be the main villain. That could still be the case and he’s just fighting against Immortan Joe for supremacy over the Wasteland. She probably gets caught in the crossfire of a war between 2 warlords.

It’s early to make educated guesses. With more info about the project we should be able to put more pieces of the puzzle together.

I liked Tom Burke in Utopia and the BBC Musketeer adaptation series.

Hopefully Burke will follow in the footsteps of his late Godfather Alan Rickman and deliver an awesome villain.

The New Daily (Australia) - NSW towns stock up as Mad Max prequel Furiosa is about to hit the road

In what is expected to be the biggest film ever made in Australia, the cast and crew of Mad Max prequel Furiosa are one step closer to packing their bags and hitting regional New South Wales for an extended stay.

According to reports from businesses from the Murrumbidgee River to outback towns around Broken Hill, entire caravan parks, Airbnbs and hotels have been visited by location producers and many have been booked.

The dates are something of a moveable feast given COVID-19 disruptions, but mid-March to June is when location shooting is likely to get under way.

After those details surfaced about Hardy’s behavior on the set of Fury Road, I’m now wondering if Miller opted to do a Furiosa movie instead of another Max one simply because he didn’t want to work with Hardy again lol.

I remember a while ago there was stuff about how both Charlize and Tom were difficult to work with on this set. I’m sure Miller had wanted to tell Furiosa’s story before but I bet their behaviour certainly pushed him to make this with a version of the character so young that it had to be recast.

After those details surfaced about Hardy’s behavior on the set of Fury Road, I’m now wondering if Miller opted to do a Furiosa movie instead of another Max one simply because he didn’t want to work with Hardy again lol.

It's a real possibility. Movies are hard enough to make and at Miller's age, he's too old for things that make them more difficult.

Hardy's rep is nothing new. Shia Labeouf talked about having some issues with Hardy when they filmed Lawless.

I doubt Hardy behaved like he does on every movie though. People like Christopher Nolan and Steven Knight wouldn't keep giving him roles in their projects if Hardy was unprofessional all the time.

To be fair, he chose not to work with Theron again either opting to recast the prequel route lol

Interesting. I know there was speculation about him playing a younger Immortan Joe but he'd still probably be too young for that role so a new villain makes more sense. I'm sure we'll see Immortan Joe in it regardless since he plays a big part in Furiosa's backstory.
I doubt Hardy behaved like he does on every movie though. People like Christopher Nolan and Steven Knight wouldn't keep giving him roles in their projects if Hardy was unprofessional all the time.
Hardy's ego probably got inflated from working with Nolan.

As for Miller opting not to work with either Hardy or Theron for this, he was probably just sick of the two of them after the Fury Road shoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"