Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=46261

24n1e3d.jpg

So they have a negative review of a movie that does't get released for another 5 months?

People really need to get a life especially him.

Saw the trailer for this with Kung Fu Panda. My friends are so in love with the penguins that I'll see it whether I want to or not. :o

''It's more fun when you put your hands in the air!''

''We have good news and bad news, the good news is that we are landing immediatley, the bad news is that we are crash landing. Thank you for flying Air Penguin''

''I'm dressed like lady! Anyone attracted? *everyone is quiet*''

can't wait :up:

I was a fan of a the first film, so can't wait for the sequal. Rex the lion was always a favorite of mine. I saw the preview of it with Kung Fu Panda too and it looked so funny, to bad its months away, where only in July for crying out loud.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=47457

New Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa Teaser
Source: DreamWorks Animation
July 30, 2008

DreamWorks Animation has brought online a second teaser trailer for Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa that looks a lot like the first teaser but does include some new footage. Hitting conventional theaters and IMAX on November 7, the sequel features the voices of Ben Stiller, Chris Rock, David Schwimmer, Jada Pinkett Smith, Sacha Baron Cohen, Cedric the Entertainer, Andy Richter, Bernie Mac, Sherri Shepherd, Alec Baldwin and Will.i.am.

You can watch the teaser in High Definition QuickTime and Flash format here.

Yeah, I'll be seeing this. I cracked up at the new teaser where Julian is trying to keep the little marmoset looking thing from getting on the plane and he's like, "stop him, he has scissors.....and hand cream."

I really enjoyed the first one. Very cute movie. I'll see this one, too.

From ew.com

Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Paramount/DreamWorks Animation · PG · 4,056 theaters · NEW
The state of the box office has not been particularly strong for a few weeks now, a fact that's no doubt related to the national financial downturn and people feeling entertained enough by sitting at home and watching Tina Fey on the HDTV sets they probably shouldn't have splurged on and will be paying off for the next five years. No, I'm not digressing. What I'm trying to say is that this is the kind of big animated sequel that should attract audiences to the multiplex and goose grosses across the board. The first Madagascar flick opened with $47.2 mil in May 2005, en route to a huge $193.6 mil domestic sum. You can expect a slightly better bow this time around, considering the rise in ticket prices and the fact that kids, well, they rule, in case the recent successes of Beverly Hills Chihuahua and HSM3 didn't remind you. Madagascar 2's debut figure should be the biggest since The Dark Knight's record-breaking opening in July, a fitting start to the movies' end-of-the-year money dash.
Weekend prediction: $52 million

Last edited:
I saw it last night and I really liked it. The only parts I did not enjoy were those involving the old woman. But Alec Baldwin was great, as usual.

It made $60 million this weekend. I still have to see the first. My friends love the penguins as everyone else does. How much did the first one make opening weekend?

This one is being projected at $63.5 million, the first one was at $47.2 million.

It made about 17.5 million on friday alone. and when i was at the theaters yesterday to see role models there was little kids everywhere to see this.

I forgot to mention one of the best parts of the flick itself is the music...Hans Zimmer composed most of it. This song below is one of the catchier ones, and obviously he didn't do the vocals, but the instrumental is all him.

[YT]DgZPZo61rc8[/YT]

That is from the first except it didn't have vocals.

Saw this last night with a few friends. It was great, a very fun movie. :yay: I really liked Baldwin's character's design (hair!).

The only parts I did not enjoy were those involving the old woman.

My friends agreed with this, they all seemed to love the movie but really hated the old lady. I too thought she was severely "overused".

I still haven't seen it but want to, glad to hear that its doing well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"