Razzie Longlists for 2013 listed!! Some big names nominated.

I see the years have not diminished the Razzies hate for Sly and Arnie. It also seems like if you were involved with the Lone Ranger you got nominated regardless.
The Long Ranger is one of the biggest bombs in the history of cinema. It has lost money to the tune of 150 million dollars or something.

Yeah but it wasn't a terrible movie. It wasn't good but not bad either. It was just there same with Runner Runner, Affleck doesn't deserve that nom.

I loved the lone ranger. Doesnt deserve to be on this list. Quite a few of the people nominated for these awards, shouldnt have been.

The Lone Ranger was just an OK movie, it at least looked good as far as the look and style of the film and cinematography. In the long run I thought the fact that they turned the title character into a bumbling baffoon was pretty disheartening.

The Long Ranger is one of the biggest bombs in the history of cinema. It has lost money to the tune of 150 million dollars or something.

Which is irrelevant to the quality of the movie.

Lone Ranger was not terrible IMO. It was terrible AND way too long. And I want Depp to take note of his agonizing role there and start taking true risks again.

Robert DeNiro and a Razzie nomination you know somethings not right in the world.

Yeah, DeNiro doing crap for good 15 years now.

I agree Timberlake isn't leading man material but I did quite enjoy him in The Social Network.

Same here. In time I started suspecting his character in The Social Network was himself.

The Razzie have always been and always will be terrible.

It's just like the Oscars, but awarding bad movies. Okay, scratch that, it's just like the Oscars.

It's just like the Oscars, but awarding bad movies. Okay, scratch that, it's just like the Oscars.

Occasionally, the Oscars get it right. The Razzies aren't really about bad movies, they're really about kicking big names.

I see the years have not diminished the Razzies hate for Sly and Arnie. It also seems like if you were involved with the Lone Ranger you got nominated regardless.

For years it has seemed to me that it isn't really about genuinely bad films or acting. Just if people don't like you, the film bombed, or the film had some sort of negative publicity.

The Razzies nominate lots of people who don't deserve it...just like the Oscars.

For years it has seemed to me that it isn't really about genuinely bad films or acting. Just if people don't like you, the film bombed, or the film had some sort of negative publicity.
Well its not just that Lone Ranger bombed. It also got horrible reviews. It has 10% on RT from top critics which is abysmal.

And that entire episode where Depp and Hammer and Verbinksi started badmouthing US critics and held them responsible for The Lone Ranger's financial failure. You could say this is the critics getting back at them.

Well its not just that Lone Ranger bombed. It also got horrible reviews. It has 10% on RT from top critics which is abysmal.

And that entire episode where Depp and Hammer and Verbinksi started badmouthing US critics and held them responsible for The Lone Ranger's financial failure. You could say this is the critics getting back at them.

Sure, some of the films and people did work that deserved the nominations, but plenty of them I don't see how they really are the worst performances or films released within the past year. Some just seem "guilty by association" to me.

Hadn't the movie been so terrible, I could agree with them about critics.

kinda surpised that Jodi Foster didnt get a nomination for Elysium.

I'm surprised about Foster too. Frankly she'd be more deserving than some people on that list.

Box office doesn't have anything to do with quality though, and even if a film was bad overall it doesn't mean every performance and aspect of it was bad, they just lumped the Lone Ranger in because it's a soft target.

Agreed, they discovered after after a while that by throwing in a few names you wouldn't normally expect, along with Sly and Arnie, they'd get more coverage.

I can forgive some of the other failings of The Lone Ranger
1. It being WAY too long.
2. Tonto essentially being Jack Sparrow if he were Native America.
3. Underusing Tom Wilkinson, Willian Fichtner, HBC, and Ruth Wilson.
4. The really jarring tonal shifts.

I can get past all that, but there's one part that I can't forgive. This movie is called The Lone Ranger, yet they treat him like a joke, and that gets them a big FU from me.

I can get past all that, but there's one part that I can't forgive. This movie is called The Lone Ranger, yet they treat him like a joke, and that gets them a big FU from me.

Agreed on every thing. :up: Well, except that I didn't get past those 4 things you mentioned.

Nominees are officially announced.
WORST PICTURE
After Earth
Grown Ups 2
The Lone Ranger
A Madea Christmas
Movie 43

WORST ACTOR
Johnny Depp: The Lone Ranger
Ashton Kutcher: Jobs
Adam Sandler: Grown Ups 2
Jaden Smith: After Earth
Sylvester Stallone: Bullet To The Head, Escape Plan, Grudge Match

WORST ACTRESS
Halle Berry: Movie 43, The Call
Selena Gomez: Getaway
Lindsay Lohan: The Canyons
Tyler Perry: A Madea Christmas
Naomi Watts: Diana, Movie 43

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Lady Gaga: Machete Kills
Salma Hayek: Grown Ups 2
Katherine Heigl: The Big Wedding
Kim Kardashian: Tyler Perry’s Temptation
Lindsay Lohan: In-App-Propriate Comedy, Scary Movie 5

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Chris Brown: Battle Of The Year
Larry the Cable Guy: A Madea Christmas
Taylor Lautner: Grown Ups 2
Will Smith: After Earth
Nick Swardson: A Haunted House, Grown Ups 2

WORST DIRECTOR
The 13 People Who Directed Movie 43
Dennis Dugan: Grown Ups 2
Tyler Perry: A Madea Christmas, Temptation
M. Night Shyamalan: After Earth
Gore Verbinski: The Lone Ranger

WORST SCREEN COMBO
The Entire Cast of Groan-Ups, Too
The Entire Cast of Movie 43
Lindsay Lohan & Charlie Sheen: Scary Movie 5
Tyler Perry & EITHER Larry the Cable Guy OR That Worn-Out Wig & Dress: A Madea Christmas
Jaden Smith & Will Smith on Planet Nepotism: After Earth

WORST SCREENPLAY
After Earth: Screenplay by Gary Whitta and M. Night Shyamalan, Story by Will Smith
Grown Ups 2: Written by Fred Wolfe & Adam Sandler & Tim Herlihy
The Lone Ranger: Screen Story & Screenplay by Ted Elliott, Justin Haythe & Terry Rosso
A Madea Christmas: Written by Tyler Perry
Movie 43: Written by 19 “Screenwriters”

WORST REMAKE, RIP-OFF or SEQUEL
Grown Ups 2
Hangover III
The Lone Ranger
Scary Movie 5
Smurfs 2

I agree it was too long, but I didn't think Tonto's Depp was like Sparrow at all, more like a cross between Buster Keaton and Dustin Hoffman in Little Big Man. Very underrated performance and film imo. Also I thought Hammer was really good, going from a James Stewart type of character to a more traditional hero like John Wayne in the span of the movie. Also loved Tonto's Origins. Doesn't deserve to be nominated for razzies, but I guess it's payback time or something.

I agree lone ranger was too long but it wasn't that bad. Grown ups 2 is in the short list of worst movies I've ever seen, there was no plot.

How the hell was Walter Mitty on that shortlist.

It really wasn't a bad film at all!

Winners announced:
Worst Picture: Movie 43
Worst Actor: Jaden Smith – After Earth
Worst Actress: Tyler Perry (in drag) – A Madea Christmas
Worst Supporting Actor: Will Smith – After Earth
Worst Supporting Actress: Kim Kardashian – Tyler Perry’s Temptation
Worst Screen Combo: Jaden Smith & Will Smith – After Earth
Worst Director: The 13 people who directed Movie 43
Worst Remake, Rip-off or Sequel: The Lone Ranger
Worst Screenplay: Movie 43 (written by 19 Screenwriters)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"