Sequels Magneto in the MCU

Yeah it would be fun to build magneto up in whispers and counter cultural icons (like people start wearing the Magneto was right shirt) and then bang, when magneto finally arrived he does something like this

Yeah, I want to be able to look forward to him again and anticipate his return. After he’s been built up this way there is an opportunity for a badass eventual entrance into the MCU.

I'd like Oded Fehr in the role. He's not in the first movie. Is referenced and talked about by Charles, as he ponders whether Erik was right, after mutants are exposed to the public. He was captured in the late 80's by shield and locked in a prison made up of his electromagnetic field, which has kept him in his late 40's to early-mid 50's. He's released at the end by a group of morlocks looking for someone to guide them in this new world where they've been exposed and that's our cliffhanger.

I'd like to see a comparison like we've seen with Spiderman. There are three versions of Spiderman out there right now and they're all great in their own way. Fox gave us two great Magnetos, so now I'd want to see how Marvel portrays Magneto, as well as Wolverine, Mystique, Professor X (the characters they popularized). Mystique in particular would be great to see as the leader of the Brotherhood and the mother to two X-Men Rogue and Nigthcrawler.

I'd like Oded Fehr in the role. He's not in the first movie. Is referenced and talked about by Charles, as he ponders whether Erik was right, after mutants are exposed to the public. He was captured in the late 80's by shield and locked in a prison made up of his electromagnetic field, which has kept him in his late 40's to early-mid 50's. He's released at the end by a group of morlocks looking for someone to guide them in this new world where they've been exposed and that's our cliffhanger.

That would be fun! Magneto is my favourite character and I think Oded could really bring the intensity to him. Just they would need a Muslim/middle eastern Charles too because casting a Muslim as the world’s greatest terrorist in a franchise about acceptance probably isn’t great

Oh really? I thought he was Muslim. Gosh even better! You can tell a modern story about being stereotyped because of how you look and keep his Jewish origins

Have Magneto a victim of Armin Zola's WWII experimentation (a la Bucky Barnes). The effects of the genetic tinkering has slowed Magneto's aging, which has cursed him to live a longer life & witness repeat man-made atrocities after his survival of the Holocaust as a young man. In 2020s, he'll still look like a man in his 30s/40s except for his silver hair.

Eh I don’t love it. It’s like when people keep saying the high evolutionary creates mutants or something. There’s nothing like with a huge universe altering event like secret wars to combine the MCU and foxverse but I still prefer the genetic evolution explanation

Eh I don’t love it. It’s like when people keep saying the high evolutionary creates mutants or something. There’s nothing like with a huge universe altering event like secret wars to combine the MCU and foxverse but I still prefer the genetic evolution explanation

His powers would still be a result of genetic evolution, but his slowed aging would be Zola's tinkering.

I think it would be cool if, in Magneto's MCU debut, Prof X is surprised to see Magneto looking the same as when he'd met his old friend 15-20 years prior. Fans could even interpret this as meta-dig the Fox films.

Then maybe in a Wolverine solo, or perhaps a Cap sequel that involves flashbacks, you can expand upon Erik's time at a concentration camp and the experimentation he suffered (before being rescued by Cap, the Howling Commandos, and perhaps a helping hand from Dept. H)

Magneto needs a timeout. I wouldn't mind if we don't see him for the first three X-Men fliXs.

I was just reading Avengers vs. X-Men (1987) which deals with the aftereffects of Asteroid M's collapse and the worldwide search for Magneto, who has to pay for his crimes. Great stuff! Some of the X-Jet scenes really remind me of X2.

If they ever make an "Asteroid M" film (think videogame X-Men Legends I) it would rock to then move on to Avengers vs. X-Men. There's some Thor, Captain America, Captain Marvel and even She-Hulk (who I think female wrestler Charlotte Flair would embody wonderfully) vs. Wolverine, Rogue, Storm... Mindblowing!

Charles and Eric should be working together in the first film. Eric wishes that humanity can change and that Charles will be proven right, but due to witnessing the rise of mutantphobia and the dangerous turn the world is taking due to REVEREND William Stryker - he realizes Charles is fool hardy and he leaves in the end.

Basically what the MCU did with Baron Mordo. Friends first, enemies later.

I can see the issue with Magneto's holocaust experience and what that could do to his age. A part of me wonders if a gay Magneto could work here. People may second guess that, but my reasoning? Magneto would have experienced the AIDS epidemic - he would have seen a country discriminating against a population, doing tests on them to try to make them straight such as their heads being DRILLED open to try to make them straight, and many people not lifting a finger to stop a widespread epidemic (AIDS) that killed many of the people he loved and cared for - a young boy was even terrorized by his community because they thought he had it (Ryan White).

The above would be furthered if instead of the military, the human extremists returned largely to their roots in the comics - extremist Christianity. In the modern interpretations, William Stryker was a military man - but in the comics he was also a reverend. This would easily eat away at Magneto in this new context because he has seen what men like Stryker were capable of doing in the past and what they are doing again.

As per age, maybe 64? (the same age as lgbtq activist Cleve Jones - young enough to potentially have been sent to a conversion center where LOBOTOMIES were performed on gay people and old enough that he's from an older generation).

It's not the holocaust, but it does tie it to a terrifying time in American history and the frightening horrors performed/allowed by the American government on members of the population.

If a cure is ever touted out, Magneto would also have a strong connection back to this since he knows what kind of "cures" institutional structures try to get people to buy into.

It'd be controversial, but I honestly believe that these films need to be - not only will that give them a lot of engine to run on, but it can explore the politics of the MCU from a more ground-level perspective which has never been seen before. Politics have been flirted with, but not among the people on the ground.

(also, it'd be an interesting nod back to Ian McKellan)

411444.jpg

Last edited:
If they do add Magneto to the MCU, I hope they retire Stark & Rhodey first. That's going to be a very one sided fight otherwise. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"