Comics When will marvel undo Magneto`s origin?

Iceburgeruk

Civilian
Reaction score
I am a big fan of the idea of real time comic books. So this question has been nagging me. Marvel/DC Time requires characters origins to be shuffled along. Superman, Mister Fantastic, Ben Grimm and Batman no longer fought in WW2. Punisher was never in Vietnam. All the marvel heroes have only been active for about 10 to 15 years.

So how long will it be before they ruin magneto?

Even with his powers they will within a decade or two reach a point where magneto couldn`t have been in the holocaust. This wouldn`t be a problem in real time as magneto would just die and that would be that. Marvel aren`t likley to do that so they will prob eliminate the holocaust from magneto`s origin. Now there weren`t that many genocides after the holocaust that would be usable until the Kosovan conflict of the 90s. So they would have to completley remove the victim of genocide during childhood angle.

Without the holocaust angle magneto becomes the 2d villain he was before they came up with his backstory. He will jsut be another moustache twirling, maniacal tyrant. The holocaust humanised him because it was such a horrific real world event that it makes his crimes in the present more understandable if not in some cases maybe forgivable.

Once they eliminate the holocaust origin you lose that interesting dynamic. He goes from "victim survives hideous atrocity to become a villain ironically similar to those who committed the evil crimes against his family" to become "villain". Its a distinct loss for the charatcer and I dread the day when marvel inevitably will do it to keep the character new and relevant.

You can worry about it when it really happens, seeing there's not much point in worrying it in advance.
I, for one, think the Holocaust part of Magneto doesn't need to be fucusd on too much, because almost all of the fans already know about it, and I fear I would more likely loosing my patience if Magneto *always* brings up that part of his past, or uses it as his excuse to cause a war.

They will probably change him in another way, like his age gets reduced or something.

Well, they've already done that once, actually. He was changed into an infant, but the Nanny I believe, and when he was reaged back into an adult, he was somewhat younger than he was beforehand.

I think it would be hard to change such an iconic character's history. Sure Batman and other characters' origins were altered, but I think it would be really hard to do that to Magneto.

Well, they've already done that once, actually. He was changed into an infant, but the Nanny I believe, and when he was reaged back into an adult, he was somewhat younger than he was beforehand.

Magneto, Blob, Mastermind, and Lorelie, were reduced to infancy by Mutant Alpha--a mutant who was created by Magneto (oops!). They were reaged by the Shi'ar agent, Shakari (Magneto intentionally, the others by accident). And in Uncanny 200 Magneto was said to be physically in his early 30s. Depending on how long ago in Marvel time that issue occurred, he could just be in his late 30s now (physically as opposed to chronologically).

Magneto, Blob, Mastermind, and Lorelie, were reduced to infancy by Mutant Alpha--a mutant who was created by Magneto (oops!). They were reaged by the Shi'ar agent, Shakari (Magneto intentionally, the others by accident). And in Uncanny 200 Magneto was said to be physically in his early 30s. Depending on how long ago in Marvel time that issue occurred, he could just be in his late 30s now (physically as opposed to chronologically).

He doesn`t look like he`s in his early 30s, half the time he looks like he is about to keel over dead at any moment. I mean he definilty didn`t look 30 in Planet X.

He doesn`t look like he`s in his early 30s, half the time he looks like he is about to keel over dead at any moment. I mean he definilty didn`t look 30 in Planet X.
thats bc that wasnt Magneto. That was Xorn impersonating Mags

If he was impersonating Magneto, didn't Xorn need to look like him, at least?

If he was impersonating Magneto, didn't Xorn need to look like him, at least?
well he didnt reveal himself until the very end and him looking older and horrible could have been attributed to the fact that he was hooked on drugs.

he looks old and haggard in Legacy. and did in Excalibur v.2 as well....explain that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"