Magneto Scene Deleted

Electrix

Avenger
Reaction score
X3 Magneto Shot Deleted

NEW YORK—Brett Ratner, director of the upcoming sequel X-Men: The Last Stand, told SCI FI Wire that he shot a scene featuring an Osama bin Laden-like Magneto (Ian McKellen) making threats in a tape recorded in an underground lair, but that the scene was deleted from the film's final cut. In the finished film, audiences will see a tape that Magneto recorded while in hiding, but the scene as it plays out differs from Ratner's initial conception.

"I think that was something that I came up with, which is because originally—and you will probably see this on the DVD—my original concept for Magneto was to have him like Che Guevara when we first saw him, ... in military fatigues with a long beard because he has been in hiding," Ratner said in an interview here. "I actually did a shot where he was in that underground lair with the long beard, and he's sitting there, and Pyro [Aaron Stanford] comes in and says, 'They've announced a cure.' That's the one scene that's not in the movie that I shot, which was fun. But that's how we came up with the tape." X-Men: The Last Stand opens on May 26. —Ian Spelling
spacer.gif

http://www.comics2film.com/FanFrame.php?f_id=19683

Sounds like an interesting and possibly controversial scene.

Super Flight said:
Brett ratners a idiot, a complete idiot!

Why? Its a good idea. It shows how much of a terrorist Magneto really is.

So having a beard is looking just like Osama?:rolleyes:

My only complaint is that this is not the only material shot that is not in the film, as evidenced by fans who have seen the film and missed trailer material. :confused:

mattc said:
My only complaint is that this is not the only material shot that is not in the film, as evidenced by fans who have seen the film and missed trailer material. :confused:

Yeah, and Ratner said it had almost everything in film.

I hope it all goes on the DVD...I really do...

Its better in our hands than to be thrown on the cutting room floor...

Q: Have you seen the film?

Ben Foster: Yeah.

Q: Now, how do you feel about being such a cool character, and you're hardly in it.?

Ben Foster: Ohhhhh well, I'd say that I'm new. I'm the new addition to this film. And there's such a huge, amazing cast that to take away from any of these great performers. Yeah, it'd be cool to show me flying around with my shirt off … like, you see it. What's there is stirring to me. Just going to the movies and watching a guy with wings is really exciting. It's something, the audience … it's, it's in our blood. There is not an older icon in mankind. It's one of the most ancient icons to have wings. So, yeah, would I like to have more, and sit around a table and talk about it … sure … this is X-Men.

Q: Were there scenes that were shot and cut? Was there more story?

Ben Foster: There's a lot of information to get out, but they're not missing scenes …

Shawn Ashmore: I think we can all say that there are scenes that we shot that, sort of different, or pieces of, there's not a lot of fat on this film, they just drive through the story.

Q: So, the DVD's gonna rock ...

Shawn Ashmore: I assume so, I think so, again … you know, the one thing, there are certain action pieces that I shot that aren't necessarily there, so hopefully they do make it into the DVD …

Q: So, there wass more stuff with you fully iced up?

Shawn Ashmore: I don't know about that, I didn't even know exactly the moment where that was going to happen to tell you the truth. There were, in that whole sequence, not just the Pyro stuff, as we're fighting through, there were other sort of pieces and stuff like that that I didn't get to see, but also, I've only seen it once and it happens so quickly that maybe they were and I, you know … I was telling my parents … did you see that?

http://www.comics2film.com/ProjectFrame.php?f_id=299

I bet it'll be on the DVD, this scene can't be lost! it looks interesting

the thing is, I think Ratner failed in making Magneto seem like a bad guy, I actualy was kind of routing for him and his followers during the movie

This was done a few times in X:TAS and in the comics. It was pretty cool then too. Too bad.

this better be on the dvd.. it sounds hilarious!!

ian with a BEARD!!.......A BEARD!!!..LOL!!

oh wait........GANDALF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xwolverine2 said:
this better be on the dvd.. it sounds hilarious!!

ian with a BEARD!!.......A BEARD!!!..LOL!!

oh wait........GANDALF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Were you laughing during LOTR?:confused:

JokerNick said:
the thing is, I think Ratner failed in making Magneto seem like a bad guy, I actualy was kind of routing for him and his followers during the movie

He's not supposed to be a purely bad person. He's supposed to be a guy with a cause that people can relate to. That's why X-men films aren't the generic hero/villian/love-interest superhero movies. Also, that's why Fox are doing their "Who will you stand with?" advertising campaign. If Magneto was a standard bad guy like Dr Doom,it wouldn't work.

EDIT: Someone's terrorist is another person's freedom fighter

DarkYoda said:
He's not supposed to be a purely bad person. He's supposed to be a guy with a cause that people can relate to. That's why X-men films aren't the generic hero/villian/love-interest superhero movies. Also, that's why Fox are doing their "Who will you stand with?" advertising campaign. If Magneto was a standard bad guy like Dr Doom,it wouldn't work.

but IMO, this movie makes magneto seem almost honrable in his intentions and the x-men look like traitors.........

Che Guevara? Mi compatriota :)
JokerNick said:
That seems good. A lot of people like the X-Men comics because Magneto is a sympathetic villain.
The only thing I didn't like about X-Men the Movie was the fact that Magneto was evil enough to sacrifice Rogue.

Kanon said:
Che Guevara? Mi compatriota :)

That seems good. A lot of people like the X-Men comics because Magneto is a sympathetic villain.
The only thing I didn't like about X-Men the Movie was the fact that Magneto was evil enough to sacrifice Rogue.

i liked that... magneto's heart was in the right place, his actions weren't tho.......

my thing is I feel the x-men were bad, they helped the humans at the end, when basically magneto just wanted to stop the cure, wether or not the x-men agreed with the cure, they indirectly were helping the humans out

JokerNick said:
but IMO, this movie makes magneto seem almost honrable in his intentions and the x-men look like traitors.........

Let's watch the movie first to see how it plays out...

But anyways, the whole point about Magneto IS to make like look noble and justified in his actions.

The difference is, he goes too extreme, and puts people in danger with his methods. The X-Men are there to try to stop the chaos.

As far as the scene goes, sounds awesome, I'd love to see it, minus teh beard and camo gear.

Magneto has done stuff like that constantly, it'd be totally in character for him to do it here.

JokerNick said:
i liked that... magneto's heart was in the right place, his actions weren't tho.......

my thing is I feel the x-men were bad, they helped the humans at the end, when basically magneto just wanted to stop the cure, wether or not the x-men agreed with the cure, they indirectly were helping the humans out

Because Magneto is putting lives in danger by destroying the Golden Gate Bridge and assaulting Alcatraz to kill a little boy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"