Dark Phoenix Magneto's helmets and the DP one...

Mutant 77

Supreme Keeper of the X-Men Movie Continuity
Reaction score
Is Magneto's helmet in "Dark Phoenix" the same he acquired in "First Class", when he stole it to Sebastian Shaw? It looks a bit darker that the original one, quite frankly.

And was the purple helmet which he was wearing at the very end of "First Class" - in his first appearance as "Magneto" - a new one based on Shaw's?

I also don't understand if his helmet in DOFP is the same he was wearing at the end of "First Class".

Given the fact that he was wearing a different helmet in X2 and "The Last Stand" from the one which he was wearing in X-Men 1, I just guess he loves to build new helmets anyway.

The DoFP helmet is a completely new mold where DP’s is almost identical to the one in FC, just darker and without the sheen. I think you can assume that DoFP is meant to be the same one from the end of FC (which was just a retooled version of Shaw’s) despite it being an entirely different helmet. I used to think this helmet was a special and very difficult thing to construct, engineered by Russian scientists. Yes, Magneto can bend the metal, but how would he know how to accurately reproduce the anti-psychic mechanism? If all the prequel helmets are meant to be the same one (save for the one Apocalypse constructed) and he just manipulates their appearance, why would he ever return it to a Shaw-like look? Sure, it looks good with his all-black getup, but it doesn’t make sense. It’s a plot hole. Not a big one or one that bothers me, but, yeah...

DOFP scene was a last minute addition. Singer simply wanted a scene where Magneto breaks into the place where he was imprisoned, where his helmet would've been housed and where it would have been taken from him prior to his (long) imprisonment. Without regard for continuity. Simply to show Magneto having a helmet in the 2nd and third acts of DOFP.

Doesn't necessarily mean it's the same one he got from Shaw. It also doesn't mean it's the same one he wore at the end of First Class with the antenae-looking things. All that said, with Magneto going back to retrieve this DOFP helmet, Bryan wants us to believe Erik can't simply conjure up a helmet out of thin air, but he also wants us to believe he's had all these many other versions of the helmet. So the question is how and where did he get these other versions. I don't think Singer even knows the answer to that one.

Perhaps it was an effect of Sebastian Shaw's time-travelling shenanigans...

The DoFP helmet is a completely new mold where DP’s is almost identical to the one in FC, just darker and without the sheen. I think you can assume that DoFP is meant to be the same one from the end of FC (which was just a retooled version of Shaw’s) despite it being an entirely different helmet. I used to think this helmet was a special and very difficult thing to construct, engineered by Russian scientists. Yes, Magneto can bend the metal, but how would he know how to accurately reproduce the anti-psychic mechanism? If all the prequel helmets are meant to be the same one (save for the one Apocalypse constructed) and he just manipulates their appearance, why would he ever return it to a Shaw-like look? Sure, it looks good with his all-black getup, but it doesn’t make sense. It’s a plot hole. Not a big one or one that bothers me, but, yeah...

The helmet in DOFP has a different design from the one at the very end of FC.
Indeed, according to X-Men Movie Wiki, the one at the end of FC is not the same used in DOFP, and it's a different helmet from Shaw's anyway.
So we're apparently dealing with three different helmets.
Don't forget that Movie Magneto is a brilliant engineer who manipulated the Sentinels very easily. He also rebuilt Cerebro in the original timeline.

My guess is that Magneto kept Shaw's original helmet in one of his various hideouts, and he retrieved it some time after "Apocalypse" for nostalgic reasons.
I guess he just modified it when he was building the Genosha community, making it darker.

So the time-travelling Sebastian Shaw was just what? Made up??? Say it isn't so!

So the time-travelling Sebastian Shaw was just what? Made up??? Say it isn't so!

It was my original way to explain the incongruences of the First Class world. At least, I tried and I used my brains.

Sorry to disappoint you, my nerdy friend. LOL

No you made stuff up and called out anyone who wasn't buying any of it.

But, you know, I'm apparently the "nerd" in this scenario. At least you've finally admitted there were "incongruences" in the First Class world so baby steps, I guess.

And oh...welcome to reality.

No you made stuff up and called out anyone who wasn't buying any of it.

But, you know, I'm apparently the "nerd" in this scenario. At least you've finally admitted there were "incongruences" in the First Class world so baby steps, I guess.

And oh...welcome to reality.

LMAO.
You're just a nerdy hater who lives in an Internet forum. Please, disconnect yourself from your existential wi-fi and just enjoy a good sunny day. Okay? Hopefully...

Everyone knows that there are "incongruences" in the First Class world, because it was originally supposed to be a SOFT REBOOT, kid.

Now let's return to your Spider-Man toys, these are bleak and adult superhero movies... ;)

Everyone and their mother have said the X-men films have been riddled with continuity screw ups. It was you, for the longest time, who was gas-lighting people telling them the continuity issues they were seeing, were not, in fact, continuity issues.

Hence your totally absurd "Sebastian Shaw was a time-traveler" assertions, which you just as quickly (not fast enough!) dropped.

Everyone and their mother have said the X-men films have been riddled with continuity screw ups.
Hence your totally absurd "Sebastian Shaw was a time-traveler" assertions, which you just as quickly (not fast enough!) dropped.

1- Because "First Class" was ORIGINALLY conceived like a soft reboot by producers, writers and director.
Then they changed their tune.

2- You don't obviously read X-Men comics, that's why you find the notion of a time traveling villain altering the past (and the timeline) as being absurd. Okay, fine. I guess you're a Spider-Man fan...

Aesthetically speaking, I always preferred Magneto's less angular, more subtle helmet in the first X-Men movie, and thought it worked better with McKellen's head shape than the ones of X2/X3.

I guess I didn’t really notice the difference in helmet in DOFP, but it’s obvious looking at it side-by-side with the others.

I really like the First Class silver one (or even the darkened one in DP). It doesn’t go sight the classic costume, necessarily, but it works for Fassbender’s proto-Magneto.

7124953-collage.png

I guess I didn’t really notice the difference in helmet in DOFP, but it’s obvious looking at it side-by-side with the others.

I really like the First Class silver one (or even the darkened one in DP). It doesn’t go sight the classic costume, necessarily, but it works for Fassbender’s proto-Magneto.

7124953-collage.png
I really wish he kept the one from First Class, if just because we finally got a vibrant red and purple color scheme for the helmet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"