Dark Phoenix Dark Phoenix postive thread

marvelrobbins

Avenger
Reaction score
we need this to get away from the haters of x-men.

while uncertiny on future fact this isn't dceu is already something postive we have:cwink:

Dark phoenix will be coming out little over 18th annivsary of X-men cinematic universe.

fox isn't making same mistake after last stand.first class cast get 4th film and unlike those intorudce din last stand the cast introduced in apoclaypse is getting another film.

the other one of 2 mos ticonic x-men stories is getting another shots.

this film is eather 13th or 8th installment in series,depending if you still want to call ot and first 2 wolverine films as part of cinematic universe after dofp erased them from contunity,

if rumors are true we will be getting aliens in x-men film.as well as genosha in x-men film if rumor correct

James Mcavoy has chance to be iconic professor x now for whole film which he only got be at end of apocalypse

Sophie Turner as jean grey and ty sheridan as cyclops get to continue what they started with apocalypse and poised for larger roles in dp.

we finally have nightcrawler in 2 back to back full x-men films.

Looks like Olivia Munn makes some kind of return appeace as psylocke.

people wanted a full x-men film with no wolverine.they are getting it with this film.

Last edited:
The big positive for me is that theyve got nearly a full year to do post production work. The editing/pacing should be revised and very polished on theatrical release. Plot holes should be minimized as possible. Reshoots if needed should not feel rushed as there is plenty of time (compared to Justice League). CGI should be flawless. Overall production quality and story mechanics should in theory be wrinkle free.

Of course the whole other side of the spectrum is if the Dark Phoenix script is any good, but that can only really be gauged from a trailer.

it defently is a postive they have the most post production time of any X-men film.

People also forget that Tim Miller was a first-time director. Kinberg has worked in film for a long time, worked on the last two X-Men films and worked on Deadpool and Logan. He’s far from the worst choice possible and I blame Josh Trank for Fant4stic more than I do Kinberg.

People also forget that Tim Miller was a first-time director. Kinberg has worked in film for a long time, worked on the last two X-Men films and worked on Deadpool and Logan. He’s far from the worst choice possible and I blame Josh Trank for Fant4stic more than I do Kinberg.

you've said something i can agree with.miller was first time director.and ff was primily trank show.the idea your going to save film in reshoots hardly happens.
look at joss whedon with justice league.no matter one's oporion on final film
that is disaster with wb.they are going to lose money and they have 40% on rt.

paramount in 1980's and 1990's hired leonard nimoy and jonathan frakes to direct star trek films with only directing tv episodes.alan taylor showed with thor the dark world and terminator gensisys directing critical acclaimed tv doesn't mean it will translate to film.and star trek III and IV and Star Trek First Contact turned out pretty well:cwink:

ignoring last stand which blame starts with rothman and then ratner kinberg
has worked on

first class
dofp
deadpool
apocalypse
logan

hopefully he learned some things from singer,vaughn,and mangold.as well as miller.

Probably will be better than previous six X-MEN films (Especially if Mystique dies)*

All actors say nice things about the films they work on as part of the film's publicity (even if the film is bad). But Jessica Chastain's involvement and comments gives me hope that the female characters won't be under-written or underdeveloped this time.

All actors say nice things about the films they work on as part of the film's publicity (even if the film is bad). But Jessica Chastain's involvement and comments gives me hope that the female characters won't be under-written or underdeveloped this time.

remember with last stand actors were all postive at time.a few years later they admited truth.

i don't have any oporion on Jessica Chastain.but regardless hope this does
dark phoenix right.

remember with last stand actors were all postive at time.a few years later they admited truth.

i don't have any oporion on Jessica Chastain.but regardless hope this does
dark phoenix right.
It would look bad for Chastain if she starred in a movie that treated its female characters badly. I don't think she'd put her reputation on the line. It doesn't speak to the film's general quality, but the X-ladies need to be done right!

you've said something i can agree with.miller was first time director.and ff was primily trank show.the idea your going to save film in reshoots hardly happens.
look at joss whedon with justice league.no matter one's oporion on final film
that is disaster with wb.they are going to lose money and they have 40% on rt.

paramount in 1980's and 1990's hired leonard nimoy and jonathan frakes to direct star trek films with only directing tv episodes.alan taylor showed with thor the dark world and terminator gensisys directing critical acclaimed tv doesn't mean it will translate to film.and star trek III and IV and Star Trek First Contact turned out pretty well:cwink:

ignoring last stand which blame starts with rothman and then ratner kinberg
has worked on

first class
dofp
deadpool
apocalypse
logan

hopefully he learned some things from singer,vaughn,and mangold.as well as miller.

Alan Taylor's cut was ruined by Feige's reshoots. I don't have an issue with Taylor. I blame Feige for handing him a script and believing in his vision and then changing his mind and altering the film. Thankfully he stopped doing that since that's also what brought down Iron Man 2.

Alot of first time directors are made to look over other directors shoulders to watch and learn the process go down in all areas of production and kinberg has likely already done that with several directors by now.

Course alot of first time directors actually have fresher visions then long time directors because they still have that new unused energy while alot of long time directors slowly fall into routines or comfort zones that they find hard to break.

Thats not to say Kinberg will almost certainly to do a good job but thats what we are waiting to find out.

Last edited:
So tongue in cheek posts aren't allowed?

Eh.

I wasn't looking to incite a response, just posting my genuine feelings. I have no interest in baiting anyone, just conversation.

I'm so happy there's a positive thread, I think each and every one of us has exceeded our negativity quota for the year, so until the traditional alienating Storm picture comes out I'm happy to play nice, I watched "X-Men" yesterday, it reminded me of how this cinematic adventure began and it made me think how much pretty much every superhero movie ever since can trace back to the X-Men trilogy (I include TLS because post-credit superhero scenes pretty much became a thing because of it) so I'm happy for that. Now FOX can you please give us a picture of Cerebro?

He's been very touch and go, but I'm hopeful that Kinberg really pulled it together for this one. Especially as it seems this will be the finale for FOX's X-Men universe and they deserve to go out on a high note after some of the great movie's they've given us.

I'm so happy there's a positive thread, I think each and every one of us has exceeded our negativity quota for the year, so until the traditional alienating Storm picture comes out I'm happy to play nice, I watched "X-Men" yesterday, it reminded me of how this cinematic adventure began and it made me think how much pretty much every superhero movie ever since can trace back to the X-Men trilogy (I include TLS because post-credit superhero scenes pretty much became a thing because of it) so I'm happy for that. Now FOX can you please give us a picture of Cerebro?
Lpvsnlk.gif

He's been very touch and go, but I'm hopeful that Kinberg really pulled it together for this one. Especially as it seems this will be the finale for FOX's X-Men universe and they deserve to go out on a high note after some of the great movie's they've given us.

well if kinberg wants another directing job he better surprise us postivly:woot:

hopefully X-men cinematic universe will end on high note.

I haven't been following this merger news at all, I'm guessing it's looking like it'll happen?

All we know is that there's another rumor of talks happening, supposedly speedily this time. So it's really no more than we knew last time.

What do you mean by "the traditional alienating Storm picture"???

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"