Man Goes to Jail to Get Away from Wife

Johann Krauss

Sidekick
Reaction score
NBCPhiladelphia said:
It’s not an excuse most men use to get out of their marriage, but a Lancaster, Pa., man held up a bank to finally be free from his (not so) better half.
Anthony Miller, 39, told a Lancaster County http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/topics?topic=Lancaster+County judge his wife abused him so badly that in 2007 he held up an Ephrata Bank with a BB gun so he could go to jail to get away from her, according to Lancaster Onlinehttp://articles.lancasteronline.com/local/4/241645.
"She was very abusive to me," Miller told Judge Louis Farina. "I was scared. She threatened to commit suicide if I ever left her," according to the paper.
Miller was so anxious to get caught that he even stayed an extra four minutes inside the bank after he forced the teller to hand over the money.
“Did you call the police yet?” Miller asked the teller, according to the paper.
The teller eventually alerted police by setting off the bank alarm. Police caught Miller as he was leaving.
Miller’s defense attorney, Robert Beyer, said that when Miller’s wife came to pick up his car after he was in custody, she met with the arresting officer. After 20 minutes with her, the defense attorney said the officer confessed,” I was ready for jail, too,” according to the paper.
The judge said Miller -- who claimed he had a nervous breakdown that day -- committed a serious crime, even though the BB gun was unloaded and he never threatened to hurt anyone.
Judge Marina sentenced Miller to three to six years in prison. Miller’s defense attorney wanted Miller -- who already served 31 months in prison -- to get a sentence of time served.
Turning to Miller, the judge said, "We have to make sure you don't do that again,” according to the paper.
Some good news, at least for Miller, the couple divorced within the last year.

Link

:hehe:

He was someone's ***** in the outside world, and he will become someone's ***** again in prison!

If you going to go to jail. Then don't ruin everybodies day that is trying to get transactions done. Just run up to a cop & smack a b**ch! Pretend it is your wife.

Or just send her divorce papers with a noose, razors blades, bottle of pain killers, & a .45. Then let her make the choice.

Wouldn't this be considered as leaving her, therefor killing herself anyway? :whatever:

Oh wait, this was 2 years ago. She'll probably kill herself now that the story is out, though.

Last edited:
Isn't that just leaving a metaphorical prison for a physical one?

Bada bing.

"...she met with the arresting officer. After 20 minutes with her, the defense attorney said the officer confessed,” I was ready for jail, too,” according to the paper."

She sounds like a real peach of a woman.

i still cant help, laughing at the title of this thread. she must have been one crazy *****, for him to pull a stunt like this.

Holy shizzle. When being manhandled in prison sounds better than marriage, you know things are bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"