Man sues wife for being ugly (and wins)

Manic

User title? USER TITLE?!
Reaction score
Only in Amer-- wait, China?

0WyUV.jpg

A man from northern China divorced and sued his wife earlier this year for being ugly. That’s not a joke.

Neither is this: That man recently won the lawsuit.

That man is Jian Feng and he said his issues with his wife’s looks only began after the couple’s daughter was born. Feng was appalled by the child’s appearance, calling her “incredibly ugly” and saying she resembled neither one of her parents.

With that being the case, Feng initially accused his wife of cheating. It was at that point that his wife, who has not been named, came forward, saying she had spent $100,000 on intense plastic surgeries to drastically change her appearance before she met Feng.

She never told Feng about those surgeries.

When Feng found out about the procedures, he filed the lawsuit. He said the woman convinced him to marry her under false pretenses.

A judge agreed, awarding Feng $120,000.

Source: http://wqad.com/2012/10/26/chinese-man-sues-wife-for-being-ugly-and-wins/

I'm sure there will be a TV miniseries based on this.

Feng was appalled by the child’s appearance, calling her “incredibly ugly

Anyone who says that about their own child is no father nor man, and certainly does not deserve the unconditional love and joy a child brings to their life.

EDIT: I would like to see the picture of this "prize winning stallion".

I'm sure there will be a TV miniseries based on this.
But it will be on Lifetime and star a woman who isn't even close to ugly. And the man will kill her instead of suing her.

Anyone who says that about their own child is no father nor man, and certainly does not deserve the unconditional love and joy a child brings to their life.

thumbs up good sir. He should love the child no matter what.
Although honestly id be surprised if my child looked like neither of its parents and then later learned that my wife had plastic surgery

Seriously...what is wrong with people? The guy knew what she looked like before marrying her and that was alright then. This is such a stupid, frivolous act of meanspiritedness. I don't see that poor woman as ugly at all, just the other people calling her ugly as truly hideous.

I agree. The wife thought she needed to get plastic surgery to get a man and she got exactly the kind of man she was looking for - a superficial a-hole.

I feel bad for the kid. :csad: It's your JOB as a parent to think your kid is the cutest!

Also, 90% of Asian babies are downright adorable. I was not one of those cute babies (or even one of those cute girls) but I think I came out all right as an adult. But of course my parent didn't care, and I'm pretty well-adjusted despite lack of past cuteness.

Thanks crappy dad, for ruining your daughter's outlook and turning her into her mother. :cmad:

Seriously...what is wrong with people? The guy knew what she looked like before marrying her and that was alright then. This is such a stupid, frivolous act of meanspiritedness. I don't see that poor woman as ugly at all, just the other people calling her ugly as truly hideous.

Did you read the article? She had over $100,000 in plastic surgery done before they ever met. He's didn't sue her because she is ugly now, he did it because she concealed ugly which was passed on to their kid.

This will become a Lifetime film.

To be honest, I have to side with the husband. That face. Jesus. And now the kid has it.

To be honest, I have to side with the husband. That face. Jesus. And now the kid has it.
Hey now he has the money to pay for the kid's plastic surgery too. :oldrazz:

We have things for that!!

But seriously, I feel bad for the kid. :csad:

It sounds as if the whole article has been sensationalised, with the emphasis put on her being ugly. Maybe the real issue here is that the man feels deceived that she wasn't really whom she made herself out to be, but of course the news will garner more attention if it highlights ugliness as the escalating factor.

Since she didn't tell him that she had plastic surgery, maybe he feels that she has misrepresented herself, and he wouldn't have entered into the relationship if he either knew that, or knew what she looked like before. It doesn't say anything though about her personality and whether that won him over at all.

It sounds as if the whole article has been sensationalised, with the emphasis put on her being ugly. Maybe the real issue here is that the man feels deceived that she wasn't really whom she made herself out to be, but of course the news will garner more attention if it highlights ugliness as the escalating factor.

Since she didn't tell him that she had plastic surgery, maybe he feels that she has misrepresented herself, and he wouldn't have entered into the relationship if he either knew that, or knew what she looked like before. It doesn't say anything though about her personality and whether that won him over at all.
If anyone thinks any Asian woman naturally would look like that (don't forget she's wearing makeup too), I have lots of other things to sell you. :funny: All the Korean celebrities who look even similar to that have had plastic surgery, it isn't really a secret anymore.

And it seems like he would have been perfectly fine with it if the kid hadn't turned out "ugly." I mean, the wife is still pretty, right? What difference would it really make to him if it had been genetics or plastic surgery? But now he's apparently shamed because he has an ugly kid.

What about other genetic things that we as a society continually fight against, like weight gain? What if your wife would naturally be a whale if she didn't have a well-hidden eating disorder, and your kid turns out fat? Would you then sue your wife because she made you think she was naturally thin? Please.

Well those don't even look like the same woman in the first post.

Well those don't even look like the same woman in the first post.
The question still is, does it REALLY matter whether the wife was ugly before? From what we know, all the guy wanted was apparently a good-looking kid, and he got mad when he didn't get one, and blamed the wife because she didn't tell him she'd had her face done. He felt he'd been lied to by marrying a formerly ugly duckling, but isn't like she was secretly sporting male genitalia or whatever.

Plastic surgery on the face is pretty permanent, this isn't like a pushup bra or even a boob job that you have to get replaced every 10 years. Whatever procedures she had, she will keep. She will continue to be beautiful, but for some reason he thought he was owed a beautiful baby on top of the beautiful wife. And felt he was lied to even though his wife is still the same as when he met her. He was just stupid enough to think that it was au naturel.

And beautiful people can have some "ugly" babies, too. Ever seen Jessica Alba's daughter? :o All of this is just ridiculous.

I don't think it's ever a guarantee the kid will turn out beautiful. It was wrong for her to lie to him though . Personally I would of gotten over it , but I always check the family photos. If none exist that should raise a red flag.

Last edited:
I bet he's also pissed because the kid's a girl. In some places girls are a liability and ugly ones would be moreso.

"Skin Deep"....a Lifetime Original Movie

Come on man, you're missing the most important part of a Lifetime Original Movie: the colon.

It has to be Skin Deep: The Mei-Mei Feng Story. A Lifetime Original Movie starring Tori Spelling and Ken Wahl wearing black wigs and with fake teeth and slanty eyebrows painted in like Breakfast At Tiffany's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"