Margot Robbie to Headline Tonya Harding Movie

DMgtBZnVoAAjWzI.jpg

Academy Award Nominee Margot Robbie :p

1xw5rg.gif

:funny:
LOL this ^ is why people get off on this story, most likely don't give a damn about either of them or this "sport", just enjoy the primal fantasy of the washed-out wreck, beating the living crap out of the supposed "princess".

Last edited:
What accent was in that teaser? It sounds terrible.

A nice teaser. It's fun to think back to when everyone was saying this project was dead on arrival... :whatever:

She's not that versatile, I said that before. Basically Harley Quinn and wife from Wolf of Wall Street are the same voice.

I don't think Margot has much range in terms of accents.

From that teaser, she sounds like she's trying to do the over the top Midwestern accent but that's not where Tonya is from. :funny:

This looks great...that accent though, Tonya's from Oregon!
But in fairness it seems like they are taking this in more of a comedic angle so the accent could actually work for the film in relating how unclassy Harding was among others around her at the time.

They got the look down, she looks like Tonya's prettier fraternal twin.
I personally would love to see a scene of Nancy and Tonya on the same ice at the Olympics.

Last edited:
We have a Trailer

I'm very interested in this. Margot Robbie earns a Oscar Nomination for sure, I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have a Trailer:

I'm very interested in this. Margot Robbie earns a Oscar Nomination for sure, I think.

You should remove this. There's lots of swearing in it.

Still looks great though.

Please don't post the trailer. As mentioned, there's a lot of swearing on it.

The last shot of Janney with the bird killed me. :lmao: She's SO going to win an Oscar for this. Maybe Robbie too. They both look great. Robbie's accent is questionable but I'm starting to tolerate it more.

Give Allison Janney an Oscar for this on the trailer alone. omg :funny:

'The Goodfellas of figure skating.' That's a comparison I never thought I'd see with this kind of film.

Also, when Robbie says in that one scene with the shotgun 'I never did this,' is this movie going to have her break the fourth wall or something?

'The Goodfellas of figure skating.' That's a comparison I never thought I'd see with this kind of film.

Also, when Robbie says in that one scene with the shotgun 'I never did this,' is this movie going to have her break the fourth wall or something?

They shot it documentary style apparently so yeah lots of talking to the camera by the characters. Apparently, there's even a part where Janney's character says something like "my storyline is fading" or something to that effect directly to the camera.

They shot it documentary style apparently so yeah lots of talking to the camera by the characters. Apparently, there's even a part where Janney's character says something like "my storyline is fading" or something to that effect directly to the camera.

That's a great way to show off all the tabloid rumors.

This reminded me so much of To Die For

She's not that versatile, I said that before. Basically Harley Quinn and wife from Wolf of Wall Street are the same voice.

Honestly

atleast try to look like Harding somewhat I kept seeing an SNL parody while watching trailer was looking forward to this I guess I will always have

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111456/

oh didn't realize this was a parody of the events in that case it if it's indeed a comedy then I can dig it

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"