Mark Millar's Many Thoughts On Superman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speed Racer never looked great IMO....

Yeah. I knew Speed Racer was in trouble after the trailers were released and all they generated were negative buzz. Everyone who saw them complained that they gave them seizures, they made the movie look awful, and so forth. I remember one guy on the Hype called the movie an "abomination" after just looking at the trailers. Abram's Star Trek so far seems to be well-received. I know the trailer got me interested, and I don't normally pay much attention to Star Trek.

Speed Racer was a good movie though I hated the trailers but watching it on DVD I actually liked the movie.

Not to derail this thread again but I've changed my opinion on the new Trek film.

Apparently, Nero (the Romulan villain in the film) has gone back into Kirk's past and killed his father to prevent the Kirk we all know from happening. Spock (Nimoy) somehow ends up in the past (I'm assuming he knew what Nero was planning and tried to 'cut him off at the pass' by also going into the past) and contacts his younger self in an effort to counteract Nero's plan.

It should be interesting. It's the only way I would accept the changes I've seen so far ... and, frankly, if that's the plan - I'm excited. We don't excise Shatner's Kirk - we just see what would have happened if things had been different. I call it a win win.

So back to Superman - If this is what JJ is capable of then I wouldn't mind him taking a crack at big blue. As long as he doesn't try to re-invent the character as he's done with Star Trek. As long as he realizes he has to approach it through canon and not reinvention.

"Big-name American action director" = British director of Layer Cake and Stardust Matthew Vaughn?

:whatever:

I don't know if its a smart move to name the next Superman film, "American Jesus"

Some people don't look at the Man of Steel as a biblical figure...

:oldrazz:

Seriously though, I knew Millar was full of s**t.

"Big-name American action director" = British director of Layer Cake and Stardust Matthew Vaughn?

seriously. is millar too dumb to know his director "friend's" nationality? i really hope wb was just humoring him. he's a hit or miss writer. the ultimates and red son were pretty good then he makes juvenile comics(wanted, kickass) that read like they're written by angst-ridden pre-teens.

the superman equation is superman+ great script + great cast/crew+(villain who can beat the crap out of superman other than luthor)= GREAT SUPERMAN MOVIE...i think?

Lol. He didnt have a pot to pi$$ in and he knew it, but its not like he was going to tell the truth on WHO it was anyway. Big time indeed. LMFAO.

I dont think that Vaughn is the director Millar was talking about, since both were already working together on Kick-Ass.

Oh, well..

I dont think that Vaughn is the director Millar was talking about, since both were already working together on Kick-Ass.

This is Mark Millar we're talking about. He would say something that stupid...

well he had to say american action director because this makes fans ''wet''.

When it comes to drama and pathos, we opt for the overseas directors. But when we want the slam-bang action, nothing beats the US of A....nothin'.

God, keep Millar miles away from the Superman property. The guy can't even watch over his own property when it was filmed and they re-wrote almost everything, why would anyone think he could handle a Superman movie?

God, keep Millar miles away from the Superman property. The guy can't even watch over his own property when it was filmed and they re-wrote almost everything, why would anyone think he could handle a Superman movie?
because he said ''epic'' and ''lord of the rings''.

Is Superman going to eat people like his "revamp" for the Hulk, which was pretty much just him turning him into Alan Moore's Mr. Hyde?

Is Superman going to eat people like his "revamp" for the Hulk, which was pretty much just him turning him into Alan Moore's Mr. Hyde?

No, he's just going to break people's spines in half and rape Livewire to showcase his dominance.

So back to Superman - If this is what JJ is capable of then I wouldn't mind him taking a crack at big blue. As long as he doesn't try to re-invent the character as he's done with Star Trek. As long as he realizes he has to approach it through canon and not reinvention.

Why are you using Star Trek as an example as to how Abrams would approach Superman? We already know what his approach for Superman was and it was a reinvention.

Oh, well..

I don't think it is the director he was talking about either, I think he was talking about an invisible director.

Millar is basically now telling people that Vaughn was the director he was talking about before. It's BS. There was never an American director. If you ever read Millar's quotes, he doesn't even remember what he said previously, so it never matches -- because he never tells the truth.

It's far from a coincidence that Millar brings up Superman (again) mere days before this American Jesus project is announced.

If it was up to me, Millar would show up here as ******. He is a waste of time and space.

Hmm... I figured Millar was so full of bull**** that it started coming out of his mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"