Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2: Fusion (360, PS3, Wii, DS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soapy

Avenger
Reaction score
http://kotaku.com/5016629/marvel-ultimate-alliance-ii-details-platforms

We already knew it was coming, but amongst yesterday's MS/Acti marketing leaks were some further details on the upcoming Marvel: Ultimate Alliance II. The game will be set during Marvel's recent "Civil War" story arc, with players forced to choose sides in the conflict. There'll supposedly be "over 20" playable Marvel characters, including the Hulk, Wolverine, Spider-Man, Venom and the Human Torch, and players will be able to "fuse" two character's powers together to give one character hybrid abilities. The release mentions the game will be appearing on 360, PS3, PS2, Wii, PSP & DS.

Hm, the Civil War setting should be really interesting. I just want a true next gen game, i enjoyed M:UA, but it didnt feel like it was pushing the next-gen consoles too hard.

Well, it came out pretty early in the cycle, so that's to be expected.

[EDIT]

I'm not picking on you specifically, ProjectPat, but can we all stop using the term "next-gen"? Pretty please? :csad:

Sounds interesting. M:UA was damn good in itself, but if they truly push the system limits and upgrade the story, it could be phenomenal. Can't wait for the development news to start flowing.

Uh..I didn't want a Civil war setting.I want a straight up sequel to MUA where you took on a bunch of villains led by the Red Skull or Thanos.It's probably going to be a lot of hero vs hero boss battles.

Im guessing the X-men wont be too well represented seeing as they pretty much stayed out of Civil War. I hope Jean makes it in but Im even more doubtful now about that than before

I didn't care for Ultimate Alliance. It seemed like all you did was walk and press buttons to do an attack and all attacks were essentially the same, just with different animations (every character had an energy attack, a speed attack, etc). The Thing really wasn't much different from The Hulk, Captain America from Wolverine, Dr. Strange from Iron Man, etc. I really hope they add some variety this time around.

Well, it came out pretty early in the cycle, so that's to be expected.

[EDIT]

I'm not picking on you specifically, ProjectPat, but can we all stop using the term "next-gen"? Pretty please? :csad:

Ill stop using the term "next-gen" in refrence to the 360, wii and ps3 as soon as games stop being made for the Xbox and PS2.

I didn't care for Ultimate Alliance. It seemed like all you did was walk and press buttons to do an attack and all attacks were essentially the same, just with different animations (every character had an energy attack, a speed attack, etc). The Thing really wasn't much different from The Hulk, Captain America from Wolverine, Dr. Strange from Iron Man, etc. I really hope they add some variety this time around.

I cant really argue any of your arguments, i mean i agree. I thought the story was pretty bland, the voice acting just bad and the visuals to be subpar at best, but i really enjoyed the game. I guess i just loved putting together a team of some of my all time fav marvel characters.

Indeed and agreed. I still found the game enjoyable, I just didn't like it as much as X-Men Legends 2. I really hope they give this game an even greater RPG aspect, but I doubt that will happen.

Ill stop using the term "next-gen" in refrence to the 360, wii and ps3 as soon as games stop being made for the Xbox and PS2.

Nobody has made games for Xbox for a while now, though. Anyway, good deal.:yay:

I never even finished the first UA. It got to repetitive. And while I don't mind puzzles etc. sometimes, it's really frustrating trying to do some of the objectives when the camera is so far away and you can't really see what you're supposed to do. That got frustrating a few times. I remember being stuck in either Asgard or somewhere else running back and forth trying to figure out what I was supposed to be doing.

If the story line is better in this one, I might give it a try if it gets good reviews. I'm glad they're adding the hulk this time around. And I hope this time around there aren't any console specific characters. I hope they're the same for all consoles. If I would have really been into the game, I would have been more bumed when the 360 got add-on characters while the ps3 got nothing.

I wanted this to be about Galactus. :(

But Civil War is good too! :)

At least something's finally been confirmed. Over 20? Didn't the last game have well over 20? I would much preffer over 30....but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Hopefully you choose sides and it culminates in an Iron Man vs. Captain America boss fight.

That bit of news gave me more hope for this. As for X-Men they'd just need the poster mutants like Wolverine then add those who are just fun to play as like Nightcrawler and Iceman.

No more Iceman and Nightcrawler. They've been done to death, and is just getting repetitive. Bring some fresh X-blood.

yeah I hope we get a lot of fresh blood this time around

Fresh blood yes, but not at the expense of certain key characters. I think Iceman and Nightcrawler should definitely stay but the likes of Elektra, Spiderwoman, Luke Cage and Nick Fury can go imo.

Fresh blood yes, but not at the expense of certain key characters. I think Iceman and Nightcrawler should definitely stay but the likes of Elektra, Spiderwoman, Luke Cage and Nick Fury can go imo.

Ill second that.

Spiderwoman, Nick Fury and Luke Cage, all played integral roles in Civil War so I think its a safe bet that they are in, especially Cage. Fury might be a NPC, but I can see them throwing him in bc they already have the model for him. Nightcrawler had nothing to do with CW.. If they are going to go more based on the comics, out of the X-men I see the original 4 males, Storm and Emma having the best shot of being in

Well it's not going to be exactly like the comic as it mentions Venom and Hulk who wasn't on the planet during civil war.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"