Marvel Legends Class 2008

newavengers12

Avengers Assemble!
Reaction score
Hey guys... I saw this and thought it was a nice idea to discuss.

We had a year full of good and bad news...Desperation because of the delaying of waves, the distribution problems, etc. But overall it was a better year than 2007, and possibly better than some of the TB years.

Note: I will be posting a picture of the complete class of 2008 as soon as my Red Hulk wave arrive(thanks Green Scar). If onyone have all the figures from 2008, feel free to post them. Also feel free to post any picture from any figure from the 2008 class! I will!!!

This pics is from a buddy of mine...VeeBee, over at fwoosh... He is missing some figs there, but until I can get my stuff....This will work. Awesome pic by the way. Thanks!
ml_classof2008_large.jpg

Now to business:I think 2008 was a great year...One word for it: IMPROVMENT.

Hasbro really gave us characters we were asking for years..Forget the articulation problem...We got them now in our collections. Think of Crossbones, Guardian, the hard to find (and now updated) Kang, Foom, HR Iron Man, kick a$$ new Vision,Savage Land Pack, Sunfire, Forge, Spiral, Union Jack...Do I need to continue??? No.

My point is, we are getting the stuff TB kept evading...I am really happy to have a Doc Samson in my Hulk display...And Wendigo. What is the problem if the arms can't turn more than 90 degrees? I do not play with my stuff....I collect them! I make my dioramas and let them like that for some time...And then I change them again.

SDCC Savage Land was awesome and really easy to find. HTS exclusive Sunfire; also awesome and easy to find. Keep them coming! *HINT* Make the old Sentinel BAF as a HTS.COM Single pack exclusive.... Or retool him to become a Master Mold...PLEASE. (oh...Like 20 inches tall :) )
So...IMO, Hasbro needs to improve a bit more in:

Timing:They need to spread the waves during the year. Adult collectors have money to spend...but guys, DO NOT launch every wave in the last quarter of the year please.... IF you guys will make four wave....make it one per quarter of something. And please, do not meke the same mistake of the Nemesis wave with other waves...Keep them on schedule!

Articulation: If you guys decide to keep doing the mixed articulation wave {ball joints(hasbro) and double joints (TB) } I am ok with it... But double joints looks better in some figures , as ball joints in other, example. Shanna. So, you guys can go one way or the other...But I would like my Legends to look the same. :|

BAF: Guys, the oil is going down. Can we get the next BAF's at least in the 10 inch range??? Please! Your quality has been awesome with the BAF, keep it like that...But in the BAF area: BIGGER IS BETTER!

IMO Paint and Quality control was excellent. The plastic they use is much better than the soft one used by TB...again, IMO.

So...What will we get in 2009...I hope is at least as good as 2008, but really want it to be better!

Last edited:
Well... I think it deserves another thread, but, Maybe we can mix it here... So the admins can have a break! ;)

Here is for the DCUC fans...(including me!) The best of 2008.

As in the ML pic, Thanks to VeeBee from the fwoosh for the pic... I am still missing Black Manta and Firestorm( already dealt for with SsM, thanks buddy!). As soon as I get them I will post full pics.

classof2008big.jpg

Review: In progress.

Wow....it occurs to me....that I don't have a single 2008 ML....asside from the two packs.

Hey guys... I saw this and thought it was a nice idea to discuss.

We had a year full of good and bad news...Desperation because of the delaying of waves, the distribution problems, etc. But overall it was a better year than 2007, and possibly better than some of the TB years.

Note: I will be posting a picture of the complete class of 2008 as soon as my Red Hulk wave arrive(thanks Green Scar). If onyone have all the figures from 2008, feel free to post them. Also feel free to post any picture from any figure from the 2008 class! I will!!!

This pics is from a buddy of mine...VeeBee, over at fwoosh... He is missing some figs there, but until I can get my stuff....This will work. Awesome pic by the way. Thanks!
ml_classof2008_large.jpg

Now to business:I think 2008 was a great year...One word for it: IMPROVMENT.

Hasbro really gave us characters we were asking for years..Forget the articulation problem...We got them now in our collections. Think of Crossbones, Guardian, the hard to find (and now updated) Kang, Foom, HR Iron Man, kick a$$ new Vision,Savage Land Pack, Sunfire, Forge, Spiral, Union Jack...Do I need to continue??? No.

My point is, we are getting the stuff TB kept evading...I am really happy to have a Doc Samson in my Hulk display...And Wendigo. What is the problem if the arms can't turn more than 90 degrees? I do not play with my stuff....I collect them! I make my dioramas and let them like that for some time...And then I change them again.

SDCC Savage Land was awesome and really easy to find. HTS exclusive Sunfire; also awesome and easy to find. Keep them coming! *HINT* Make the old Sentinel BAF as a HTS.COM Single pack exclusive.... Or retool him to become a Master Mold...PLEASE. (oh...Like 20 inches tall :) )
So...IMO, Hasbro needs to improve a bit more in:

Timing:They need to spread the waves during the year. Adult collectors have money to spend...but guys, DO NOT launch every wave in the last quarter of the year please.... IF you guys will make four wave....make it one per quarter of something. And please, do not meke the same mistake of the Nemesis wave with other waves...Keep them on schedule!

Articulation: If you guys decide to keep doing the mixed articulation wave {ball joints(hasbro) and double joints (TB) } I am ok with it... But double joints looks better in some figures , as ball joints in other, example. Shanna. So, you guys can go one way or the other...But I would like my Legends to look the same. :|

BAF: Guys, the oil is going down. Can we get the next BAF's at least in the 10 inch range??? Please! Your quality has been awesome with the BAF, keep it like that...But in the BAF area: BIGGER IS BETTER!

IMO Paint and Quality control was excellent. The plastic they use is much better than the soft one used by TB...again, IMO.

So...What will we get in 2009...I hope is at least as good as 2008, but really want it to be better!

I don't see the Ben Reilly Spider-Man (Scarlet Spider-Man) there...

As I wrote...he is missing some figs...But until I get my Red Hulk set tommorow...amybe monday...I will not be able to take a pic of my own!
:woot:

Ive goot Foom wave and Ares wave coming......yes i do.

Nice additions Rough...Foom IMO is the best BAF ever...And Arez is worth every figure in the wave. Yes, even a non comic accurate Ultimate War Machine. ;)

Until i get my ares wave this week im going to have to say that the best thing of 2008 was indeed foom hes awsome and worth every penny.

Single figure im going for union jack just love the figure and the paint apps on him close second is spiral but again not got ares wave yet.

On a whole a better year in production wise but also for a company as big as hasbro and with the global economy pretty much screwed you would think they would push these out further afield than the states.

I can get every hulk movie figure and the iron man figures (including the wal mart specials that toys r us and argos stock over here for some reason) but not a single legends figure. Come on Hasbro get it sorted.

Also the waves all grouped together was a huge problem for me as im more or less picking up full waves at a time so thats laying down almost $250 a time when you include shipping. So id like to see them spaced a little better and become more obtainable. Apart from that roll on 2009 the marvel universe figures look great and the legends are looking better as they go.

Lets see a strong guy baf wave with madrox in it (they could even make two and have one with each arm no one would moan about a extra 'dupe')

Man, Ares is SOLID. You will have a deep debate to decide wich you like better...

I am with you 100% in the distribution and timing points. Man, they almost put on sale all the lines during the last quarter of the year. That needs to get better.

BTW...Happy new year buddy! Best wishes fpr you and your family!!!

You as well mate and hope the family is well.

The last quarter of the year is not when i want to be spending big on my self so its tough choices for me on this case that and its strange hearing from some people on here that the waves are only lasting a month before being reduced in stores or so.

Is this maybe because the stores are running on a schedual and these were meant to be in alot earlier there fore they cant afford the space and need to get rid of them?
Surely not what hasbro would be wanting.

Cant wait till Ares so once they arrive i will pop back on and let you know what im thinking buddy but its going to take alot to shake my love for foom.

Do not get me wrong m8..Foom is the king...But think of Ares as his little brother! ;)

Okay buddy got Ares today and he is awsome. Dont know if its with all of them but my head looks down a bit to much and wont tilt up at all. Also i wish he had a axe instead of the two swords, easily sorted though as i gave him one of king thors huge axes now he looks more like the god of war i know.

Okay buddy got Ares today and he is awsome. Dont know if its with all of them but my head looks down a bit to much and wont tilt up at all. Also i wish he had a axe instead of the two swords, easily sorted though as i gave him one of king thors huge axes now he looks more like the god of war i know.

He has THAT only problem...But you can take the head a bit of the ball joint and he will be looking staright front.

I am really happy you got the wave man.

I wll be expecting a full review!!! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"