Marvel Legends future: Hasbro or Mattel?

newavengers12

Avengers Assemble!
Reaction score
Well, I have never liked DC comics or some of their lame characters…BUT, with this new DCUC action figures line, I have to accept, Mattel has done one hell of a job in character selection and overall awesomeness for this line. That takes me to the next point…

For us Marvel Legends lovers; After Hasbro’s license is up…Do you want Marvel to renew their contract…Or would like Mattel to grab the Marvel Legends contract?

In the area I live, Mattel has a MUCH BETTER distribution than Hasbro. I see DC figures everywhere! They have made very detailed figures in this line…Like Aquaman (my fav), Deathstroke, Red Tornado…Etc. I really like the Despero BAF (only complete BAf I own, for the time being).

What is your choice for Marvel Legends… Hasbro or Mattel… I really can’t decide… I like better the Hasbro articulation…But Mattel paint apps and details are way better…

What do you say?

I gotta go with Hasbro. From what I've seen from DCUC, I can't stand that swinging crotch joint they use. I think the Hasbro articulation is better all around. Not leaps and bounds far and away better, but I prefer Hasbro over Mattel.

I'm not a huge fan of Mattel's sculpting either. Their figures look, I dunno....clunky.

I collect both Legends and DCUC. I would have to go with Hasbro. They have been really good about constently comming out with a new series after new series, And hasbro has been making figures of fairly new charactors (i.e. red hulk).

I'd wish that Toy Biz would take them again but in this case I'd say... Hasbro. I'm kinda angry at Mattel right now...

Yeah, I would also vote for Toy Biz/Marvel Toys....but that's not gonna happen....also I will point out that Hasbro got, like, a five year contrach so they've got it til at least the end of 2012.

But between those two I would go with Hasbro....for articulation.....and that they have better ML distribution (For me) then Mattel does with DCU......I'm still on wave ****ing two of DCSH here........****!

In a perfect world Hasbro would keep it for some stuff, like the 3 3/4 they are gonna force on us and Mattel could continue Marvel figs in the 6 inch scale....but it wont happen

Yeah, I would also vote for Toy Biz/Marvel Toys....but that's not gonna happen....also I will point out that Hasbro got, like, a five year contrach so they've got it til at least the end of 2012.

But between those two I would go with Hasbro....for articulation.....and that they have better ML distribution (For me) then Mattel does with DCU......I'm still on wave ****ing two of DCSH here........****!

In a perfect world Hasbro would keep it for some stuff, like the 3 3/4 they are gonna force on us and Mattel could continue Marvel figs in the 6 inch scale....but it wont happen

I am looking for a solution to the 3 3/4 figures.....They want to kill the 6 inchers legends.... I DO NOT WANT THAT!

mattel is really starting to get better with distro plus you can pretty much pre-order wave 6-8 at resonable prices on atleast 3 different websites due to mattel trying to make their figures more accessible. what they both need to do is quit this store exclusive crap. and just sell them straight from their own sites along with in stores.

I'm like DCUC much better than hasbro ML. hasbro doesn't have that much more articulation.

Gotta go with Hasbro right now. The exclusive waves stink, but at least Hasbro's exclusive waves have become easier to find with time, whereas DCUC5 is still impossible to find. They've been out for at least a month now, and they still haven't been found anywhere in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, or Maine. Also, most of Hasbro's upcoming stuff looks a lot better than their early figures.

Mattel better never touch Marvel.... either Toybiz returns, they stick with hasbro.. or somethin else comes along

Wait you actually found wave 2 in a retail store? Or did you break down and buy it online?

You won't get that. ML is the 6 inch scale. The 1:18th scale is Marvel Universe.

doesnt mattel have bad issues with parts breaking and what not

I mean DCSH wave two....not DCU....so like....Supergirl and Bizarro
Yeah I got some of those. My current DCSH count is Bizzaro, black symboled Superman, Supergirl, and Steel.

I never saw Any Steel wave here......thanks Saint for hooking me u

I got Steel and Supergirl at the same time.

Both the distrobution for mattel and hasbro suck balls over here so im not to fussed on that issue. After all cant even order online for the legends over here so its all ebay or finding helpful people like Na and rough to get figures that i need to complete the collection.

Some of the hasbro figures are getting better union jack and spiral were decent enough and foom is now my favourite baf

Thanks for the compliment m8! You know I am always here to help!

I am happy with the last series from Hasbro...I just do,t want them to replace my heroes for some GI Joe/Star Wars like crappy figs(compared to the awesome Marvel Legends we have had for the better part of this decade).

If mattel can get their heads out of their asses and keep up with distribution. Mattel.

doesnt mattel have bad issues with parts breaking and what not

Another reason why I'd prefer Hasbro to keep the line over Mattel. The quality of the DCUC line has been extremely inconsistent, with some waves having good quality (2 and 4), and others having significant quality control issues(3 and 5). While the Marvel Legends figures haven't been perfect since Hasbro took over the line, the figures at least haven't had any major quality control issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"