Marvel movie idea II

Peyton Westlake

the Dark Avenger
Reaction score
You know what might be an interesting idea?.......After the 3rd Blade film and on the cusp of Ghost Rider fairly soon, a mega mixture of a few characters. It would mainly focus on the 2 who have had their own movies (Blade & Ghost Rider) and a scence or 2 with Moon Knight ,Werewolf by Night,etc. all banding together to fight a Supernatural villain or group, the villain for the plot could be worked out until best oppostion is found....aptly titled 'the Sons of Midnight'
What do you think?

Uh-uh. They're done with Blade. I once wanted to see crossovers as bad as y'all do; now I say keep the franchises separate.

I wonder how much it would cost to to print up a t-shirt with the slogan, "Say NO to Crossovers!" :rolleyes:

If its not overdone, where every character has to share same amount of screen time, I think it could work out well.

WarBlade said:
I wonder how much it would cost to to print up a t-shirt with the slogan, "Say NO to Crossovers!" :rolleyes:
i wouldn't mind certain crossovers [luke cage&iron fist for example]

I don't see how a crossover would work well in film. (BTW Luke Cage/Iron Fist wouldn't be a crossover, it would be a comic adaptation - there was a Cage/Fist team comic.)

The biggest problem would be that in order to tell a story, the characters would be slightly altered to follow a plot line. It's hard to explain. Look at Spider-Man... Raimi is taking the character that he has created and forming a story around that character, i.e. what villains best complement Peter's place in life right now, what villains best challenge the character that has been developed so far.

Whereas with a crossover, the main focus for the storyteller would be relaying a reasonable scenario of why these two characters would team up. And in doing so it would be far more easier to mold the character to the story than to mold the story to the character.

I don't want to see Wolverine or Daredevil or any film version of a character do something or act a certain way that would conflict with the established film development of that character.

I wish I could better articulate the point I'm trying to make. Look at George Lazenby when he played James Bond in "On Her Majesty's Secret Service." People had a real problem with Bond breaking down and crying and losing his grip when his wife got killed. Why? Because that's not how the film version of James Bond was expected to act. It was a way the film version of Bond had never acted before.

And I'm afraid that's what a crossover film would do to one of our already established characters.

You do make a valid point murdock_m , it would be a little difficult. But there is 1 thing to consider. I believe David Goyer who was involved in all the Blade films has written Ghost Rider. Its possible he could weave them together & make it gel.

There's no doubt that, in the perfect circumstances, it could work. But I would prefer that it was a decision made long before either of the characters were introduced on film. That way seeds could be planted during the initial single-shot films.

Imagine if the first Matrix film never mentioned the city of Zion, and then the sequels came out and everyone started saying "Oh, yeah... There's this city called Zion that we need to protect." That usually the problem with sequels - that sense of forced symmetry. And that problem would be magnified in a crossover film.

Best case scenario - in light of the new Paramount movie deal with Marvel, the new Captain America movie should be made with the foresight that he will crossover with another character - for example Nick Fury, another military based comic character... someone he might have a legitimate reason for teaming up with. Just like you said with the Sons of Darkness.

I'm not saying that a Cap/Fury film should be made, that's just an example of two separate characters who share a common bond and could be developed from the beginning with the long-term possibility of a crossover. And you also eliminate the problem of cross-pollinization between different film studios.

You're right again murdock_m , i did not think the previous films never mentioned the other character , or planted seed as you said. Your point makes it clear they probably should not cross over because the story might be unclear in the wrong hands.

murdock_matt said:
I don't see how a crossover would work well in film. (BTW Luke Cage/Iron Fist wouldn't be a crossover, it would be a comic adaptation - there was a Cage/Fist team comic.)

The biggest problem would be that in order to tell a story, the characters would be slightly altered to follow a plot line. It's hard to explain. Look at Spider-Man... Raimi is taking the character that he has created and forming a story around that character, i.e. what villains best complement Peter's place in life right now, what villains best challenge the character that has been developed so far.

Whereas with a crossover, the main focus for the storyteller would be relaying a reasonable scenario of why these two characters would team up. And in doing so it would be far more easier to mold the character to the story than to mold the story to the character.

I don't want to see Wolverine or Daredevil or any film version of a character do something or act a certain way that would conflict with the established film development of that character.

I wish I could better articulate the point I'm trying to make. Look at George Lazenby when he played James Bond in "On Her Majesty's Secret Service." People had a real problem with Bond breaking down and crying and losing his grip when his wife got killed. Why? Because that's not how the film version of James Bond was expected to act. It was a way the film version of Bond had never acted before.

And I'm afraid that's what a crossover film would do to one of our already established characters.

Agreed...;)

It'll never happen. "Trinity" pretty much made that clear. There's no more vampires for Blade to hunt, I'm not sure he even has his powers anymore, & the franchise is closed.

IvE SEEN SO MANY SPIDERMAN CARTOONS AND I THINK THERE SHOULD BE THREE CHARACTERS ADDED TO THE NEXT SPIDERMAN MOVIES LIKE THE PUNISHER,BLADE,
AND DAREDEVIL THEY ALL HAVE BEEN IN SPIDERMAN COMICS AND THE TV SERIES CARTOON.

masterjt said:
IvE SEEN SO MANY SPIDERMAN CARTOONS AND I THINK THERE SHOULD BE THREE CHARACTERS ADDED TO THE NEXT SPIDERMAN MOVIES LIKE THE PUNISHER,BLADE,

Welcome masterjt...a spidey, punisher, blade, dd crossover could be good...:up:

Adding all those characters to part III might be overkill. Although a dream blockbuster movie.

I'm not sure if any of you remember, but the writer of the Blade franchise , D. Goyer, wrote a screenplay that ended up being a TV movie in '98 for Nick Fury. Unfortunately it cast D. Hasselhoff as the lead & lost credibility for me but.....imagine Fury cast with Kurt Russell in the lead & a decent budget!

Then you'd get SHH threads titled: "Worst Nick Fury: Russell or Hasselhoff" and replies like, "Would I rather fork myself in the eyes or in the testicles?"

LMAO...Pretty funny WarBlade but, I think Kurt Russell in his 'Snake Plissken' look can pull it off, and maybe because im biased but, I think he is a good actor and could give some strength to Nick Fury as a character.

It still is a dream idea of somehow getting a writer/director or just a seperate writer & director to see how Blade, Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Werewolf by Night can share a feature film and be everything we'd want it to be.

here's to supporting the Midnight Sons

murdock_matt said:

While i agree with you whole heartedly i think in some instances cross overs could be the best way for some characters to have sequals......you really couldnt have the Hulk and Spiderman in the same film without......proving your point to its disasterous fullest...........however what about characters who have a more symetrical story tone (eg) punisher and elektra, hell throw in daredevil.......and you can make one hell of a film with a credible plot....punishers a vigilante who kills influential mobssters...... so elektra is hired to take him out..... it jus so happens that dd stumbles into the middle of the fight while looking for the presumably dead elektra only to find her working for the kind of people he fights against......"see where im headed" throw in some great editing, cool action and have Wilson Fisk as the mastermind with assistance from Jigsaw and you could have agreat film on your hands....kind of like Mr & Mrs Smith meets Crash! what do you think? i know it will never happen im simply exploring a possibility.:spidey:

wyzewun said:
While i agree with you whole heartedly i think in some instances cross overs could be the best way for some characters to have sequals......you really couldnt have the Hulk and Spiderman in the same film without......proving your point to its disasterous fullest...........however what about characters who have a more symetrical story tone (eg) punisher and elektra, hell throw in daredevil.......and you can make one hell of a film with a credible plot....punishers a vigilante who kills influential mobssters...... so elektra is hired to take him out..... it jus so happens that dd stumbles into the middle of the fight while looking for the presumably dead elektra only to find her working for the kind of people he fights against......"see where im headed" throw in some great editing, cool action and have Wilson Fisk as the mastermind with assistance from Jigsaw and you could have agreat film on your hands....kind of like Mr & Mrs Smith meets Crash! what do you think? i know it will never happen im simply exploring a possibility.:spidey:

it could be done well with right director & screenplay

masterjt said:
You'd think by now I'd be tired of typing the words, "It ain't gonna happen".

Midnight Sons was a comic book, so it wouldn't be a crossover, it'd be an adaption. They're as much a team as FF, X-Men or The Avengers, just not as well known. I think it'd be a good movie Peyton Westlake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"