Marvel TV Series Marvel On Disney Streaming Service (aka Disney +)

Gael Garcia Bernal is the reason I am excited for this one. As I have said before, I will be curious as to why he chose this particular role to join the MCU as he's an actor who is quite picky on the roles he has chosen throughout his career and is known mostly for his Indie films. If I had to choose on who would have joined the MCU between him and his Y Tu Mama Tambien Co-Star (and long time friend and producing partner) Diego Luna, I would have chosen Luna, especially after Rouge One. So when I heard he was cast, I was surprised.

I guess it makes sense for Werewolf by Night to embrace the B-Movie aspect, but I certainly didn't expect it. I wonder if it's just the trailer or the whole thing. Either way, feels like a fun Halloween addition.

So if Secret Invasion really being released in Spring (March-May), that means after She-Hulk ends on 13th of October there won’t be a new MCU series for 5 months minimum (besides the Specials). That’s quite a big break.

So if Secret Invasion really being released in Spring (March-May), that means after She-Hulk ends on 13th of October there won’t be a new MCU series for 5 months minimum (besides the Specials). That’s quite a big break.

Maybe it's for the best, work out any potential CGI flaws in Secret Invasion.

What If season 2 is supposed to come out early 2023.

That’s not MCU.
I just read, that Mandalorian season 3 might be delayed, so Secret Invasion could maybe switch to February. They still have 5 months for VFX

That’s not MCU.
I just read, that Mandalorian season 3 might be delayed, so Secret Invasion could maybe switch to February. They still have 5 months for VFX
It is though, whether you like the show or not. Regardless, it's still a Marvel Studios product coming out to fill out the gap.

Last edited:
great, that you discovered, that I don’t like What if…though I do, but I don’t see it on the same level, as when we’re getting a new episode of a MCU show every week. And that’s 5 months without this level of entertainment (of which the prices are increased btw)

Next year will Disney plus will be on fire. I don’t even know which MCU show I’ll be excited more:
Secret Invasion
Loki Season 2
Iron Heart (with all this rumors of the Hood being connected to a certain dark lord)
Echo with DD and Kingpin

Year one was only Loki for me, whereas WV, F&WS and Hawkeye were just nice to have for me
Year 2 was only Moon Knight - never had much interest in Ms.Marvel and She-Hulk, though they turned out to be very entertaining (especially She Hulk)
But next year will be so awesome

Next year will Disney plus will be on fire. I don’t even know which MCU show I’ll be excited more:
Secret Invasion
Loki Season 2
Iron Heart (with all this rumors of the Hood being connected to a certain dark lord)
Echo with DD and Kingpin

Kind of the opposite on my side. Im only looking forward to Loki. I have the feeling Secret Invasion will be very underwhelming. I could not care less for the next legacy character and really noone cares about Echo itself. I can see another situation where DD will show up in only one epiosde, give a pep talk and disappears again..
I hope to be wrong though.

yeah Echo is the least exciting for me…but it could be fun with Kingpin and DD, only if it’s for 2-3 episodes

Iron Heart will depend upon how she's received in Wakanda Forever. If the reaction to Riri is that she's a scene stealer and she's a fun character and people want to see more, then the anticipation for her show builds. And since Ryan Coogler is an executive producer on Iron Heart, there's not going to be a significant character change.

That’s not always the case. It’s the setting, that makes a series interesting for me. I liked Hawkeye, but never found him very interesting. But the tone of the show and the setting did it for me.

Personally I think Echo actually has the most potential. She's a relatively new character to the MCU that we haven't seen much from, unlike Fury and Loki. And unlike Riri she's fully standalone and in no way a legacy title. She's also kind of in a sweet spot where she has had enough material in the comics to work with for a good introduction (mostly her storyline in David Mack's Daredevil Vol. 2 issues, but she's also been an Avenger and stuff), but she's also not been explored as much as she has potential meaning the show can do new things. So she's not a completely unknown character nobody cares about (like El Muerto), nor a character that has been used so much that there's little room for anything truly surprising (like Spider-Man or Wolverine). She's more in the middle like the GotG. She also has multiple aspects to her character that I think are underrepresented in the genre so far and will be interesting to explore in the show, with it both featuring Native American culture and having a deaf protagonist.

Now we'll have to see whether they actually deliver on that potential of course.

That’s not always the case. It’s the setting, that makes a series interesting for me. I liked Hawkeye, but never found him very interesting. But the tone of the show and the setting did it for me.

Iron Heart is rumored to take place in Chicago. Now why they didn't actually shoot in Chicago and instead used Atlanta as Chicago is strange.

Iron Heart is rumored to take place in Chicago. Now why they didn't actually shoot in Chicago and instead used Atlanta as Chicago is strange.
It's not strange. Most movies/shows are not filmed where they take place. In fact most of the MCU nowadays is filmed primarily in Atlanta.

It is much cheaper and efficient to shoot in your base city where the local authority already has a working relationship with you and you have a huge studio for shooting, large supporting backup staff etc. Shooting on location in a different city or country can be a cost and logistics nightmare.

It is much cheaper and efficient to shoot in your base city where the local authority already has a working relationship with you and you have a huge studio for shooting, large supporting backup staff etc. Shooting on location in a different city or country can be a cost and logistics nightmare.

Sure, but shooting on location in Chicago prevents the noticeably bad CGI Chicago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"