Animation Marvel Studios Animation

bigdaddy313

Civilian
Reaction score
Hello everyone I thought I’ll start this new thread to discuss Marvel Studios Animation’s future now that Television and Animations have gone back under Marvel Studios by over a decade.

I recently did an investigation checking websites, job listings, checking on everyone who was involved with Marvel Entertainment’s animation studio and confirmation on one of the executives on his LinkedIn page, I can conclude from my perspective that Marvel Animation Studios closed down on the 21st of August 2020.

That means every show on or announced have finished productions on that date and more than likely will not continue, which means today’s Spider-Man season finale is the series finale and Spidey and his Amazing Friends will only be one season unless Kevin Feige says otherwise.

Quite recently an insider has claimed that Marvel Studios has an unannounced animated project apart from Marvel’s What-IF?.

As for me this only shows that Marvel Animated products from now on will be given big budget production as we have seen already from Marvel’s What-IF?

What do you guys think?

Oh I didn’t know they had gone back under marvel studios? This pleases me because I’m probably not alone in expecting more from marvel’s animation.

I hope they try and make something a bit more creative, not just after school specialy. Something like Afro samurai or even Harley Quinn. Just something with a bit of innovation

Oh I didn’t know they had gone back under marvel studios? This pleases me because I’m probably not alone in expecting more from marvel’s animation.

I hope they try and make something a bit more creative, not just after school specialy. Something like Afro samurai or even Harley Quinn. Just something with a bit of innovation
Since October 2019 when Marvel was fully consolidated by Disney did Marvel Studios absolved Marvel Television and Animation.

Since October 2019 when Marvel was fully consolidated by Disney did Marvel Studios absolved Marvel Television and Animation.

. . .I know you meant "dissolved", but I now have the mental image of a whole bunch of people, including Loeb, kneeling before Kevin Feige in priestly garbs, with him stating "I know forgive you of your sins. Go forth and commit no more evil against Marvel."

. . .I know you meant "dissolved", but I now have the mental image of a whole bunch of people, including Loeb, kneeling before Kevin Feige in priestly garbs, with him stating "I know forgive you of your sins. Go forth and commit no more evil against Marvel."
Lol but Jeph Loeb is too proud and besides he can go and I wish him luck.

It felt so nice seeing a show that doesn't have Dan Bugley's name on it, not because of him but simply cause, he represents Marvel Entertainment as president.

And that's the "Lego Marvel's Avengers Climate Conundrum".

Building out the universe in animated shows has worked out really well for Star Wars. :D

I'm not sure what I want from this. I think I'd honestly prefer if they kept animated content mostly separate from the MCU and explored other interesting concepts instead.

Give animated shows to creators who pitch unique and interesting concepts, for shorter stories maybe do an anthology like Star Wars: Visions in different artstyles that suit different characters, maybe adapt some famous comic storylines more faithfully like the animated Batman movies.

I think I'd prefer all that to more animated MCU spinoffs. (With the exception maybe of things where they'd really want to have it in the MCU but can't do it live action, like if it's a way to get around Universal for a Hulk project they want to do or something.)

I don’t want animated projects for the A-Avengers…but it could be nice to have animated projects for smaller characters like Howard the Duck

Robert Meyer Burnett says that he thinks these animated shows can fill in the gaps in the MCU, while John Alba says that the animated shows can be used to introduce a new character and if that new character is super popular among the fans, that character can be brought onto the live action MCU.

Yeah I reckon that’s a good idea. It’s a good way to boost someone people would previously have tried to write off. Plus animation has worked so well for properties like Invincible

Robert Meyer Burnett says that he thinks these animated shows can fill in the gaps in the MCU, while John Alba says that the animated shows can be used to introduce a new character and if that new character is super popular among the fans, that character can be brought onto the live action MCU.
I wouldn't be surprised if it's characters who would be difficult to do live action with over a sustained period such as Power Pack.

I feel like this is going to take the spot of Marvel Television in terms of relevance in the grander scheme of things in the MCU. Its there, extra content that could easily be ignored or skipped.

Also, the animation for What If? imo could have looked so much better. It looked like it had 1/4 of the budget of the live action shows that Disney are producing for Disney+.

I generally don't like when live-action and animated projects are supposed to be part of the same universe. The two mediums simply convey things differently and it can be hard to reconcile with each other. Even with What If I've found myself thinking "this doesn't really work with how things would play out in the more realistic live action MCU" sometimes, especially for the Party Thor episode. Though there I can deal with it because it's at least a mostly standalone alternate universe. If we're getting animated shows in the main MCU I feel like you'd either have to keep the animation close to the live-action counterparts rather than very stylized and unique (which I feel would severely limit the animated shows and make many things not worth doing) or end up with a dissonance between different parts of the MCU.

So I'd rather they just use their animation to make more bold, unique projects that aren't limited by the scope and tone of the established MCU.

EXCLUSIVE: AN X-MEN ANIMATED SERIES BEGINS PRODUCTION IN 2023

“Sources close to GWW and within Marvel Studios have informed us Marvel Studios is currently developing an X-Men Animated Series for Disney Plus that is set to begin production in 2023.”

Obviously take it with a grain of salt for now, but this is from the same guy who was the first to reveal that Alfred Molina was coming back to play Doc Ock in No Way Home before any of the trades were able to. So this could be proven to be true and this may or may not be officially confirmed on Marvel’s Disney Plus day presentation tomorrow. As it says show is apparently being done by Marvel Studios so if this report is true, then that means it will be a Disney Plus show, and not on a broadcast network like Disney XD or whatever.

I kind of hope that is true, just because I will treasure the outraged responses of some of the more hardcore X-Men fans about "The obviously most important Marvel franchise being relegated to a *cartoon*!!!"

*ahem*

I can’t wait, it’s been so long since they’ve done a proper x-men cartoon. Hope they adapt some of the lesser known stories

The X Men series is a continuation of this:

Yes!!!! these announcements have made me so happy!

Don't really know where to best put this, but just wanted to share this concept for a Marvel animated series that never got made:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"