Keep Hope Alive: Marvel Netflix Series Edition

Let's face it. Daredevil S3 didn't leave things in the best state.

New costume for starters. Matt Murdock dealing with the larger MCU as a whole. What happened to Murdock and his friends during a snap.

Reimagine Bullseye. I'm fine with recasting Bullseye. Wilson Bethel was not a good Bullseye.

A new Marvel Studios LLC called "Blind Faith Productions LLC" was recently formed for an unknown project:

New Evidence May Point To A Daredevil MCU Project In Development - Murphy's Multiverse

Charlie Cox says the continuation of his Daredevil isn't directly following up from season 3 but will be slightly reimagined (thus implying that he has a pretty good idea of Matt's future appearances in the MCU at this point):

Well, it would be hard to exactly pick up from season 3 of Daredevil simply cause of how many in universe years would have passed, so regardless of this "cannon" argument we have, a 4th season was always going to pick up from a largely clean slate for a starting point

Let's face it. Daredevil S3 didn't leave things in the best state.

New costume for starters. Matt Murdock dealing with the larger MCU as a whole. What happened to Murdock and his friends during a snap.

Reimagine Bullseye. I'm fine with recasting Bullseye. Wilson Bethel was not a good Bullseye.

I disagree heavily in Wilson Bethel and season 3 leaving Daredevil in a poor state. Like, whole sale disagree with your thesis on both.

But it doesn't matter really. Like I said, if we assume season 3 is in the MCU, it would have been pre-snap and thus like 6 in universe years have gone by at this point, plus the snap. So the next season would have to be reimagined to some degree to account for these events regardless

I disagree heavily in Wilson Bethel and season 3 leaving Daredevil in a poor state. Like, whole sale disagree with your thesis on both.

I'm glad you disagree. I still hope many things left off in Season 3 are reimagined and reworked.

But it doesn't matter really. Like I said, if we assume season 3 is in the MCU, it would have been pre-snap and thus like 6 in universe years have gone by at this point, plus the snap. So the next season would have to be reimagined to some degree to account for these events regardless

They need to raise the stakes, the budget, and level of villains. Widen the scope in the ways the Netflix shows should have but never did. And give us a genuine Bullseye and not this Poindexter garbage.

I'm glad you disagree. I still hope many things left off in Season 3 are reimagined and reworked.

They need to raise the stakes, the budget, and level of villains. Widen the scope in the ways the Netflix shows should have but never did. And give us a genuine Bullseye and not this Poindexter garbage.

I am sure it will get a higher budget, but I care less about raising the stakes and such. Just tell a good Daredevil story. Like the goal should be for any of these movies and shows.

I am sure it will get a higher budget, but I care less about raising the stakes and such. Just tell a good Daredevil story. Like the goal should be for any of these movies and shows.

Well Defenders is kind of my example. Tons of buildup and payoff that was about as exciting as watching paint dry and lame villains. A total waste of Sigourney Weaver as well. They clearly didn't have the budget or ambition to pull off a cool story for Defenders.

Well Defenders is kind of my example. Tons of buildup and payoff that was about as exciting as watching paint dry and lame villains. A total waste of Sigourney Weaver as well. They clearly didn't have the budget or ambition to pull off a cool story for Defenders.

The budget wasn't the only issue with Defenders. That show was just not well written. You don't need 200 million bucks to pull off a great movie, especially with characters who have powers that are not very complex to accomplish on screen. They threw all the money at Book of Boba Fett on D+, and that was garbage. So it isn't all about the money.

I am definitely okay with them straight up ignoring some (pretty major) parts of these shows if it makes for a better MCU going forward. If they choose to ignore the fates of some characters like Ben Urich or Purple Man or Stick to tell more interesting stories with them in the MCU I'd be totally fine with that. If they'd want to completely reimagine characters such as Iron Fist, Hellcat, Bullseye, Nuke, Typhoid Mary, Whizzer, etc. I say go for it.

The budget wasn't the only issue with Defenders. That show was just not well written. You don't need 200 million bucks to pull off a great movie, especially with characters who have powers that are not very complex to accomplish on screen. They threw all the money at Book of Boba Fett on D+, and that was garbage. So it isn't all about the money.

Book of Boba Fett > Defenders.

Aside from the Defenderverse characters, I am hoping that we see some of the AoS characters pop-up here and there. Quake, Fitz and Simmons, and Yo-Yo could definitely be interesting playing in the wider MCU.

Aside from the Defenderverse characters, I am hoping that we see some of the AoS characters pop-up here and there. Quake, Fitz and Simmons, and Yo-Yo could definitely be interesting playing in the wider MCU.

I always thought Coulson should've shown up in Daredevil or somewhere or other. Just to let him know they're keeping an eye on him and a close watch. They like his work, but step out of line and they will have to take him in. Something like that. But...they weren't all connected.

I always thought Coulson should've shown up in Daredevil or somewhere or other. Just to let him know they're keeping an eye on him and a close watch. They like his work, but step out of line and they will have to take him in. Something like that. But...they weren't all connected.

I would've loved that and I think I remember reading where Clark Gregg is a huge Iron Fist fan. Maybe LMD Coulson could make an appearance in H4H. I also wonder what is going on with Cloak and Dagger, being a Freeform show I'm surprised it still is not on D+.

Wasn't Runaways on D+ at one point? Free-form is prob the reason on Cloak and Dagger

I would've loved that and I think I remember reading where Clark Gregg is a huge Iron Fist fan. Maybe LMD Coulson could make an appearance in H4H. I also wonder what is going on with Cloak and Dagger, being a Freeform show I'm surprised it still is not on D+.

There might be existing streaming or network contracts that prevent it right now. I imagine most of that will go to Disney+ at some point. Think of how Agents of SHIELD hasn't been on D+ this whole time, and now it's finally arriving this month. When you think about it, AOS had a pretty successful run. 7 seasons and 136 episodes. Nothing to sneeze at.

You are correct. Just checked, and all 3 seasons are on there.

Doubt any of those characters get revisited, though I wouldn't mind seeing Nico Minoru come back maybe as a part of the Midnight Sons.

We also vastly disagree. I would rather watch Defenders 10 times again than Book of Boba Fett once

I'm not sure I'd go that far, but. . . umm, hmm. Are you including the two episodes of "Mandalorian Season 2.5" in your reckoning? *ducks*

That said, I do agree that the problem with neither of these shows was budget. I'd say they are sort of mirror images of each other, though, rather than being the same problem. Defenders was crippled by its foundation, being based in the worst most boring aspects of the leadup shows, and good execution of a bad premise was what brought it up to as entertaining a show as it was. Boba Fett, by contrast, had a solid foundation, that was let down by indifferent and boring execution. There is no reason it couldn't have good stories told derived from its premise, they just largely. . . didn't.

I'm not sure I'd go that far, but. . . umm, hmm. Are you including the two episodes of "Mandalorian Season 2.5" in your reckoning? *ducks*

That said, I do agree that the problem with neither of these shows was budget. I'd say they are sort of mirror images of each other, though, rather than being the same problem. Defenders was crippled by its foundation, being based in the worst most boring aspects of the leadup shows, and good execution of a bad premise was what brought it up to as entertaining a show as it was. Boba Fett, by contrast, had a solid foundation, that was let down by indifferent and boring execution. There is no reason it couldn't have good stories told derived from its premise, they just largely. . . didn't.

I do, but not because the 2 Mando episodes were bad. It is because the show literally is hijacked by a completely different show and D+ sizzles for future Star Wars content while the Boba Fett plot, which literally is the show we are watching, simply stops. It is some of the most fundamentally worst plotting I have ever seen in a series. No less after that 2 episode detour, they then only left time for 1 episode to tie all the boringness together. At least watching the Defenders interact with each other was at times entertaining and the show at least was the same show beginning to end, regardless of bad creative choices. I aint saying the show was well written or anything. I agree with a lot of your criticism. But Book of Boba Fett was one of the worst plotted out shows I have ever seen. Almost latter seasons of Game of Thrones bad.

Book of Boba Fett was trash. Just trash.

Last edited:
Kind of a misleading headline. The source of the criticism is one person, and it's the head of the PTC, who have been raining on fun for decades. Variety's headline is more accurate. And it's happening because the PTC put out a press release.

Daredevil on Disney Plus: Parents Television Council Slams Decision - Variety

Basically, a publicity stunt by the PTC.

And lastly, has anyone taken the PTC seriously in years? Why do they still even exist?

I would assume the PTC still exists, mostly because there are people who still dream of forcing all media to operate within their personal desired parameters. Especially since its much easier to scapegoat TV and movies than to admit that maybe, just maybe, if your kids aren't behaving as they "should" that maybe its *your* fault for screwing something up as a parent.

( Doubly so since, insofar as this is true, the screw up is probably "the parents are overly controlling and judgemental, against which teens eventually rebel". *cough* )

Kind of a misleading headline. The source of the criticism is one person, and it's the head of the PTC, who have been raining on fun for decades. Variety's headline is more accurate. And it's happening because the PTC put out a press release.

Daredevil on Disney Plus: Parents Television Council Slams Decision - Variety

Basically, a publicity stunt by the PTC.

And lastly, has anyone taken the PTC seriously in years? Why do they still even exist?

Of course they would slam it, despite the fact that Disney has made it clear that these shows exist behind parental control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"