Moon Knight Marvel Studios' Moon Knight General Discussion Thread

Yeah I hope there’s a dancing scene. That was the best moment in the first season of umbrella academy

I really liked umbrella academy, so this is great for me.

And it looks like a fair portion of his writing on F4

If I hear Jeremy Slater say Spector has to earn the costume at some point, I'm going to break something.

If I hear Jeremy Slater say Spector has to earn the costume at some point, I'm going to break something.
Oh man, that’s what I’m afraid of. I was fine with Daredevil season 1 withholding the costume until the season finale as it was basically the equivalent to a superhero origin graphic novel like “Man Without Fear” but it annoyed me to no end when they ditched the costume again for the black ninja costume in Season 3. I have hope with this being a Marvel Studios production that we don’t have to wait too long before we see the costume.

It’s worth noting Slater’s FF script was basically thrown out by Josh Trank. Originally, it played out in a very MCU kind of way.

Anyways, I enjoyed his Exorcist series.

I would like them to surprise me that the iconic costume won't just be used in the final episode.

I'm really curious about the production leveldifference of the D+ shows and the mcu films. I really don't want these upcoming shows to look like those Marvel Netflix/Abc studios shows. Like the Mandalorian doesn't look bad, but just with the trailers, its obvious that its not a feature film compare to the recent Star Wars films.

Here’s an article about Jeremy Slater’s original Fantastic Four script in case anyone is nervous about his involvement because of his association with that movie.

While I wouldn’t go as far to call it “good” because frankly it sounds really overstuffed and all over the place; its still miles better than Kinberg’s rewrite that pretty much became the final film.

I hope he's up to the task after what happened with Fant4stic and this isn't another Scott Buck situation.

I hope he's up to the task after what happened with Fant4stic and this isn't another Scott Buck situation.
Just between Umbrella Academy and The Exorcist, his TV showrunner track record is already much more solid than Buck's, so that doesn't seem like a danger.

Exorcist got cancelled after 2 seasons though.

Exorcist got cancelled after 2 seasons though.
That's rarely indicative of quality, though. I've heard it was good, and got better as it went along. I think it's safe to say it was certainly better-received than anyone expected from an Exorcist show. Buck's work as a showrunner is generally terrible straight out of the gate. Neither of Slater's shows have verged even close to "terrible" territory.

If it was Steven DeKnight, I'd feel a lot more confident.

If it was Steven DeKnight, I'd feel a lot more confident.
Eh, I love DD, but DeKnight's overall track record is spottier than Slater's, tbh (and I think he gets a lot of credit for the work Drew Goddard put in at the start before he left), and frankly, the S3 showrunner Erik Oleson did the best work on that show anyway.

Plus, DeKnight's the guy who kept the hero from appearing in costume until the 13th hour of a 13-hour origin story, lol. I wouldn't want a similar approach taken for MK.

Last edited:
Eh, I love DD, but DeKnight's overall track record is spottier than Slater's, tbh (and I think he gets a lot of credit for the work Drew Goddard put in at the start before he left), and frankly, the S3 showrunner Erik Oleson did the best work on that show anyway.

Plus, DeKnight's the guy who kept the hero from appearing in costume until the 13th hour of a 13-hour origin story, lol. I wouldn't want a similar approach taken for MK.

Spartacus though. For my money, Spartacus was a better TV series than Game of Thrones.

Yeah Spartacus was a bit dumb. Some good visuals but not much else. Pacific rim uprising was fun though

Umbrella Academy was incredibly middling, and his movie work that I've seen was pretty terrible (though you can't really blame screen-writers for a lot of these duds). I don't watch network TV, so I don't know how The Exorcist went.

Umbrella Academy was at least decent.

Yeah I hope there’s a dancing scene. That was the best moment in the first season of umbrella academy

Is Moon Knight going to have an umbrella in this show? I hope he does. Maybe he'll use it to glide instead of his cape. Could even have an umbrella symbol on his chest instead of a crescent moon or ankh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"