Moon Knight

Matt Mortem

Karloff is King
Reaction score
I dont know if theres already a moon knight thread, but I was really wondering if anybody out there in the ether has heard or read any rumors about a moon knight project because I whole heartedly think that a moon knight movie would be amazing.

A television series was announced at around this time last year. No news since so it's probably in development hell. There's a renewed interest in the character since the relaunch but I'm not sure if it has a large enough fan base for the studio to consider making a feature film. It would be great though if they do, Moon Knight kick ass, especially with the new arc by Charlie Huston.

A television series was announced at around this time last year. No news since so it's probably in development hell. There's a renewed interest in the character since the relaunch but I'm not sure if it has a large enough fan base for the studio to consider making a feature film. It would be great though if they do, Moon Knight kick ass, especially with the new arc by Charlie Huston.

Nah it probably isn`t in deveolpment hell, they just are working on it and don`t want it to bomb like brids of prey or blade the tv series.

Nah it probably isn`t in deveolpment hell, they just are working on it and don`t want it to bomb like brids of prey or blade the tv series.

Production was supposed to start last May. Maybe it's delayed though it looks like the series is not happening at the moment. Blade getting axed after just one season is not a good sign for the show.

The strike is probably delaying it. No writers will want to commit to a show when they are preparing to strike.

I dont know a lot about Moon Knight, but what I do know is he doesnt seem very dissimilar to other characters we've seen in movies and tv series. What can he bring to the table that others haven't? (serious question not a smart alec remark)

Moon Knight has always been a personal favorite of mine ever since I first read the series when I was a kid. He's quite different for your typical B-list superhero cliche.

The character itself has changed from one writer to another. But between the history of the character (the relationship with Khonshu the Egyptian god of moon/vengence, feud with Bushman), his schizophrenia personalities (Spector, a millionaire and a cabbie), and the interesting supporting characters (in Frenchie, Marlene and Gena's); MK is one of the more intriguing superhero characters in my books, with some interesting story arcs to boot.

The early Moench stuff (which are in Essentials now) are especially good, and the current ongoing series with Charlie Huston is right up there imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"