Ms. Marvel Marvel Studios' Ms. Marvel General Discussion Thread

What happened with Renner?

His ex-wife asked for sole custody with supervised visits about a month ago and has claimed he has a substance abuse/alcohol disorder and apparently Jeremy Renner's spinning out a bit over being increasingly shutout, picked at, and pressured as described here: Inside Jeremy Renner's Explosive Split from Ex-Wife: From Drug Allegations to Sole Custody Fight as well as an incident about a year ago now released to the press this week described by a 3rd party here: Jeremy Renner's Nanny, Pal Detail Actor's Drunken Suicide Scare

Last edited:
Over the past year, Jeremy Renner very well could've made some intense efforts to get things back on track but having everything capped off with a sole custody request and the court proceedings resulting in this information going out to the press just makes everything fresh and Marvel Studio's potentially wanting to distance away from this until court proceedings wrap-up.

This same week reports on Jeremy Renner's personal life made rounds through the press, I read that rumor about Ms. Marvel perhaps shooting next year and it seems like Marvel Studio's is really fast tracking this whatever the case may be. This does make me think at least 1 of the shows scheduled before it may get moved back.

Last edited:
Oh well, that’s what you get for investing in Hawkeye. Never mind, as you said it would be better to focus on other titles anyway

Thanks for that @Hello2016

Shame for him and hopefully he gets everything back on track as soon as possible.

I would say, yes, it absolutely will be popular, but. . . I'm skeptical over whether it will actually exceed Netflix in total subscribership. At least, anytime in the next 5 years or so. Disney is big and powerful, but Netflix has a *long* head start.

It's not really an apples to apples comparison. Netflix is essentially the digital equivelant of the cable bundle (minus sports), thus it's cost. Disney + is a much more focused (specific) platform with the core demographic being kids but with a ton of content for all ages. Kevin Mayer calls it a "Four Quadrant" service. Less content but with big brands. Lower monthly but (arguably) bigger bang for your buck. The more accurate way to compare things would be to value Hulu & Disney + subcribers (minus ESPN + even though it's an advantage that can help drive the other two) going forward with Netflix. That combo bundle is basically their version of Netflix. Even then the business models are so different and Disney can leverage their ecosystem in ways Netflix can't to generate substantial revenue. HBO Max seems to be making more of the Netflix play with it's $15 + price point and 'bundling' of content (TV, movies, sports) on top of prestige HBO content. They also seem to be more willing to licence content for their service (Ghibli, Doctor Who, etc.) like Netflix does. Max has the vastly superior content though.

Last edited:
I hope the Hawkeye show happens at some point but is what it is if other shows move up sooner and might be for the better.

I agree with the fact Disney needs to really invest in the Hulu/Disney+ combo. Right now, I kind of wonder if the infrastructure is in place to expand overseas with the Hulu service or if Disney is just going to license out some of the Hulu content to other overseas SVOD providers. It just seems kind of weird to be trying to buy up the rest of a US based SVOD service after purchasing another rival studio while investing a ton into Disney+ while still needing this other piece to go with it.

Anyway, I really thought the Ms. Marvel videos for that upcoming Avengers game are quite impressive. So many costumes and abilities to utilize I think it's something for the show to perhaps draw from to an extent.

Last edited:
I hope the Hawkeye show happens at some point but is what it is if other shows move up sooner and might be for the better.

I agree with the fact Disney needs to really invest in the Hulu/Disney+ combo. Right now, I kind of wonder if the infrastructure is in place to expand overseas with the Hulu service or if Disney is just going to license out some of the Hulu content to other overseas SVOD providers. It just seems kind of weird to be trying to buy up the rest of a US based SVOD service after purchasing another rival studio while investing a ton into Disney+ while still needing this other piece to go with it.

Anyway, I really thought the Ms. Marvel videos for that upcoming Avengers game are quite impressive. So many costumes and abilities to utilize I think it's something for the show to perhaps draw from to an extent.

Disney definitely has plans to take Hulu international at some point. Now that it owns 80% of the platform (will be 100% in a few years) and has complete operational control, there are far fewer hurdles to make it happen. Much of the licenced overseas content has, or will be pulled from the exiting studios anyway, so the returning Hulu and FX licences will be what's really important moving forward. The Fox purchase also gives them the production machinery (aside from their own) to ramp up on original content tremendously in the years ahead. and gives FX and John Landgaf (which will have a big profile on Hulu) the cash flow it needs to create the prestige scale of HBO. It's this new content creation that will drive the service as it launches in different regions across the globe. The licenced shows and movies which they own will eventually return (Fox's deal to put it's films on HBO expires in 2022) I think we'll hear much more about the plans for Hulu once Disney + is up and running.

Nice, he was my fave villain in the ms marvel series

Cool, probably someone unknown. The fact that she may get integrated into the MCU has her beaming at that.

Can’t wait to find out who they’ve chosen.

Still no confirmation on the casting of Kamala Khan, although some rumors are saying that Marvel's been intensifying their search recently as they want her to have a small cameo debut in one of the upcoming movies/shows before her own series. Said rumored sources (Illuminerdi/Charles Murphy) also claim that the show's being scheduled to start filming later this year with a potential fall 2021 release window (mentioned here: Report: 'MS. MARVEL' Looking to Cast Some Key Roles - Murphy's Multiverse -) Take that as you will.

Wonder how they'll announce the casting.

I won‘t count on a 2021 release - We‘re lucky enough if Hawkeye will get released in 2021
Even without Covid, there wouldn‘t have been time go get her in a shedule between Hawkeye and Mando season 3

I just really want someone else showrunning this than controversial political activist Bisha K Ali.

I hope Kevin Feige maintains strict quality control on this one.

We should definitely be getting news on who’s playing Kamala Khan fairly soon, imo.

It wasn’t long after it was reported She-Hulk had find its directors that the casting for the title character was revealed.

I still wonder if they’ll retcon her into being a mutant.

It seems much easier to just retcon her into being a product of some kind of Kree device or something if they're writing out the Inhumans. The Terrigen mist is the big triggering event, not necessarily the fact that there's something in her DNA and the Kree connection (originally with the Inhumans) is the connection to Captain Marvel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"