Marvel Studios & VFX

Yep, just read that Gizmodo article.

Abuse of Visual Effects Artists Is Ruining the Movies

This is absolutely sickening stuff. The crazy thing is the VFX studios are barely even profiting, yet they're the glue holding this whole superhero thing together.

The industry has to change. There is a bloat of content and it's not sustainable. Marvel should step up and do something to start fixing it as the leaders of this era of content we're in. I really hope John Oliver does a story about this soon and more people become aware of this problem.

I'm about ready to boycott Marvel. No Way Home was the last thing I saw from them and that's a pretty good way to bow out.

The problem is that they're leaders are shirtty at bidding for the jobs and it's been like that for long. Campea said that when he worked for a VFX studio, it was like that then already. And that was like 50 years ago.

I don't know what to say about this, but I wish the vfX of the shows are on par with the movies.

Aside from maybe a show's pilot since a bulk of the money would go to that in order to set a good impression, I don't think we're at the point where a show would have visuals on par with a film. Not yet, anyway.

I'm about ready to boycott Marvel. No Way Home was the last thing I saw from them and that's a pretty good way to bow out.

I think that's a bit overblown. I doubt Feige comes in saying "F*** your artists, we demand your lives!!" If anything it probably didn't occur to the higher ups just how damaging the practices were until people started coming forward

And as the articles have stated, it's not Marvel alone
They're just the most present one in everyone's minds, as they have an absolute glut of content in the pipeline

Here's what Marvel oughta do:
- Slow down: Stick to 3 Movies and 2 Shows, or 4 Movies and one High-A$$-Quality show per year
- Nail down designs in advance. No more tweaking till the last moment. No, "Oh let's change his costume with two weeks before release" Let your phenomenal costume designers do that work.
- More Practical sets and effects. Say what you will about Eternals, but it looked gorgeous. Location shooting is vital. Stop chasing tax incentives, stop filming everything in s***ty right-wing Georgia. Just look at the reaction Andor is getting for using real locations.

And what the studios need to do:
- Stop Underbidding, you're only hurting your reputation and potential talent pool.
- Stop killing your workers, stand up for yourselves when Studios make ridiculous demands.
- If you do insist on some level of crunch, offer generous incentives for the workers who volunteer to do it

And last, the VFX artists:
- Unionize.

Last edited:
As the articles have stated, it's not Marvel alone
They're just the most present one in everyone's minds, as they have an absolute glut of content in the pipeline

Of course, but I also think that's why they have an added responsibility to do something to correct this growing issue. They're the ones leading the charge right now in terms of the entertainment landscape. And they're producing too much stuff, so it's not like it would even be that hard of a call to stop watching. I can barely keep up now as it is.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"