Marvel vs DC trades?

Horrorfan

Superhero
Reaction score
I was just wondering....I have been searching for any Marvel vs DC trades. Could someone out there in the know please list all avalible trades with the fights/team ups and stuff that occurs in each volume? I am only aware of the one which led to almalgam where wolvie shish kebabed lobo and superboy got an ass kickin by spidey, so any help would be appriciated.

There's a Marvel vs. DC trade, an Amalgam trade, and a JLA/Avengers trade. Then the Crossover Classics TPB series has every other crossover between the Marvel and DC universes, I think.

Thanks man appriciated. Could you tell me (if you know) what fights and cross overs are in the books? and are they worth getting in your opinion?

Marvel vs. DC (which is the one that led to Amalgam) is really not worth getting it's very poorly written and the fights are really stupid - although I thought it was the coolest thing in the whole wide world when I was 12.

Digging out the old trade the fights were;

Thor vs. Captain Marvel
Aquaman vs. Namor
Superman vs. Hulk
Flash vs. Quicksilver
Silver Surfer vs. Green Lantern (Kyle)
Robin vs. Jubilee
Electra vs. Catwoman
Wolverine vs. Lobo
Wonder Woman vs. Storm
Spider-Man vs. Superboy
Captain America vs. Batman

yenaled said:
Marvel vs. DC (which is the one that led to Amalgam) is really not worth getting it's very poorly written and the fights are really stupid - although I thought it was the coolest thing in the whole wide world when I was 12.

Thor vs. Captain Marvel
Aquaman vs. Namor
Superman vs. Hulk
Flash vs. Quicksilver
Silver Surfer vs. Green Lantern (Kyle)
Robin vs. Jubilee
Electra vs. Catwoman
Wolverine vs. Lobo
Wonder Woman vs. Storm
Spider-Man vs. Superboy
Captain America vs. Batman

Thanks man- could you tell me who wins?

(Yeah Im a kid who opend his x mas presents early :) )

Yeah sure, the names I put first won, except for Wonder Woman vs. Storm where actually Storm won and Captain America vs. Batman which doesn't really end, they get interupted.

some of the crossover classics are ok, Marvel vs DC and Amalgam, well, kinda stiink. You can get enjoyment out of them if you're not really so concerned with, um, quality.

JLA/Avengers however is a great story

Aquaman beating Namor? That just sounds....wrong.

Not so sure about Hulk/Supes....

But now I just gotta find somewhere that has these :(

what happens in the jla/avengers one shots? i know its a bit fanboyish to ask but any fights? or is it a straight up team up?

I didn't mind Aquaman beating Namor so much as how it was done. He telepathically told a whale to hop out of the ocean and land on Namor. It was like the creators were watching Looney Tunes at the time and thought, "Hey, you know what'd be great??" :confused:

JLA/Avengers has some fights, but it's mostly plot-driven. It starts out a race and ends up a typical team-up story. Superman fights Thor in one of the worst portrayed fights this side of DC vs. Marvel, but I guess I shouldn't have expected much from Busiek where Thor is concerned anyhow.

Horrorfan said:
Aquaman beating Namor? That just sounds....wrong.

Not so sure about Hulk/Supes....

But now I just gotta find somewhere that has these :(

what happens in the jla/avengers one shots? i know its a bit fanboyish to ask but any fights? or is it a straight up team up?
Aquaman/Namor was bad, but not as stupid as Storm/Wonder Woman and Wolverine/Lobo. The stupid results of these matches were because the winners were decided by fan votes, and popularity beat out reason

JLA/Avengers weren't one shots, it was a 4 issue mini with each issue being prestige format and I think 48 pages. The teams do duke it out, but there really aren't too many detailed fights

TheCorpulent1 said:
JLA/Avengers has some fights, but it's mostly plot-driven. It starts out a race and ends up a typical team-up story. Superman fights Thor in one of the worst portrayed fights this side of DC vs. Marvel, but I guess I shouldn't have expected much from Busiek where Thor is concerned anyhow.

Batman also gives Punisher an off-page beating.

I wouldn't mind Aquaman beating Namor, but the way they did it was pretty bad. It would have been better if Aurthur did the psychic seizure thing.

TheCorpulent1 said:
I didn't mind Aquaman beating Namor so much as how it was done. He telepathically told a whale to hop out of the ocean and land on Namor. It was like the creators were watching Looney Tunes at the time and thought, "Hey, you know what'd be great??" :confused:

That always annoyed me too. Especially considering Namor should have been able to toss a whale that size without too much trouble.

Who won out of Thor and Supes? Thats a match up I always wanted to see....

Yeah the only ones I know of is where Punisher beat the Jean Paul - Batman and a team up with spidey and bats.

And that Aquaman battle finish made me laugh my head off, though not in the good way.

Superman won, but Thor got his licks in

Not as many as he should have. That fight wasn't written well.

Guess that awnsers my question about Thor's power lol.

Oh well, there's still always Sentry to put a beat down on supes, and spiderman beat up super boy so thats some consolation...

at the end, Thor comments something like "I have his measure now, he would not win so easily were we ever to fight again"

yenaled said:

Thor vs. Captain Marvel ( I think CM woulda won )
Aquaman vs. Namor ( Okay )
Superman vs. Hulk ( Proper Result )
Flash vs. Quicksilver ( Obvious )
Silver Surfer vs. Green Lantern (Kyle) ( Proper Result )
Robin vs. Jubilee ( Obvious Result )
Electra vs. Catwoman ( Understandable )
Wolverine vs. Lobo ( HAHAHAHA, STUPID AS HELL )
Wonder Woman vs. Storm ( WW woulda pwned Storm )
Spider-Man vs. Superboy ( HAHAHAHHA, STUPID AS HELL, AGAIN )
Captain America vs. Batman ( Debatable )

Lot's of matchups were... Dumb..

XwolverineX said:
Lot's of matchups were... Dumb..

It seesm that way because Lobo wouldn't have lost, Cap would beat Batman. I was disappointed with it altogther.

XwolverineX said:
Thor vs. Captain Marvel ( I think CM woulda won )
As has been pointed out before, Captain Marvel gets his powers from the gods, Thor IS a god

Elijya said:
As has been pointed out before, Captain Marvel gets his powers from the gods, Thor IS a god

Plus he controls lighting, CM can't tranform without it hiting him.

However, what didn't make sense is the fact that when CM was trapped under the rubble, he turned into Billy Batson to climb out. I mean, couldn't he have just pushed the stuff off of him, or at least broke the things directly covering him? I mean, he has super strength.

All depends on how he was pinned under the rubble. It doesn't matter how strong you are, if you don't have the proper leverage you're ****ed.

True. But still, he should have been able to push it off of himself. I mean, the guy's on Superman's level strength wise, and while Superman's strength tends to varry from writer to writer, it's always within the range of "hundreds of tons" to "thousands of tons." A smashed ferris wheel probably weighs less than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"