Marvel vs. DC fighting game

Mrs. Sawyer

Avenger
Reaction score
Though there possibly may never be as Marvel vs. DC game, I like to remain hope that in within the next 25-50 years, one publisher or developer will get lucky and end up with both licenses. It would be awesome if it was like this.

Another cool move is if they added unlockable (or DLC sorry I'm a fan of DLC) alternate costumes which also could be alternate skins. Each of my ideas are to the right of the character in parentheses.

Publisher: Capcom

Developer: Capcom

Here would be my list of character (I put a cap at 68 with 17 heroes and villains for each side and be able to put more in via DLC):

Marvel:

Heroes:
Spiderman (Symbiote,Scalet Spider)
Wolverine (film version, brown suit)
Cyclops (Classic Overhead mask)
Captain America
Iron Man (any of his 1000 suits)
Hulk
The Thing
Johnny Storm
Thor
Mr. Fantastic
Namor The Submariner
Daredevil
Electra
Black Cat
Nick Fury (white or black version, whichever is not the main one in the game)
She-Hulk
Sue Storm
Angel

Villains:

Dr. Doom
Magneto
Venom
Deadpool
Green Goblin
Dr. Octopus (ultimate version)
Apocalypse
Galactus
Red Skull
Mandarin
Iron Monger
Carnage
Loki
Kingpin
Thanos
Sabretooth
Kang

DC:

Heroes:

Batman- (classic black and bluelook, Batman Beyond)
Superman (Kingdom Come)
Wonder Woman
Green Arrow (hooded look)
Aquaman (classic look)
Martian Manhunter (alien look)
Flash - Wally West or Barry Allen ( Barry Allen or Wally West, Jay Garrick, Kid Flash)
Green Lantern - Hal Jordan (Kyle Rayner, John Stewart, Alan Scott)
Nightwing (Classic Nightwing, Robin)
Captain Marvel
Black Canary
Supergirl (white top look)
Hawkman (Kingdom Come look)
Black Lightning
Spectre (Hal Jordan)
Plastic Man
Robin - Tim Drake (Jason Todd, Red Robin)

Villains:

Joker (dark knight look)
Lex Luthor
Doomsday
Black Adam
Bane
Sinestro
Darkseid
Catwoman (classic look)
Solomon Grundy
Bizarro
Cheetah
Deathstroke
General Zod
Brainiac
Black Manta
Lady Shiva
Ares
Reverse Flash

Of course there would be a little bit of balancing needed, like in Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe.

It would be amazing if you could add more by DLC as you could add characters like Gambit, Zatanna, Dr. Strange, Iron Fist, Batgirl, Robin. Heck maybe there could be a Watchmen pack or Marvel Knights pack.

Another cool move is if they added unlockable (or DLC sorry I'm a fan of DLC) alternate costumes which also could be alternate skins.

Some characters I just added for compare and contrast like Mr. Fantastic and plastic man, or Angel and hawkman. Sorry ahead if I missed your favorite character.

There would be the typical fighting modes plus there would be the "Fantasy mode" where you would fight other heroes or villains in under certain conditions.

What would be most amazing(and the most far-fetched "never gonna happen" things) is that at least for a while they will have a rock band-like online service in which Capcom would provide new character/character packs every few weeks.

There would be the typical fighting modes plus there would be the "Fantasy mode" where you would fight other heroes or villains in under certain conditions.

So what do you think? What would you like to see in a Marvel vs. DC game? What characters would you put in it?

And Please no "it's never gonna happen". We know already.

Sounds good so far from what you wrote. Just throw in The Punisher, Jigsaw, Scarecrow (DC) and Two-Face. Maybe also Lizard and Killer Croc to balance it out with more monster-like characters.

Deadpool needs to be on that list. Maybe in Galactus' spot. He'd just stomp on everyone (except Supes) & round over.

Plus, Deadpool meets Deathstroke would be price-less.

Deadpool needs to be on that list. Maybe in Galactus' spot. He'd just stomp on everyone (except Supes) & round over.

Plus, Deadpool meets Deathstroke would be price-less.

Deadpool is on the list under Marvel Villains. It's a big list lol.

Didn't see him, sorry.

Though, I'd count him as a hero. But that's just me.

Ugh the title got my hopes up. :( This will never happen, though. But it's fun to dream.

Yeah Deadpool should be on the hero side, as he usually ends up taking out baddies more than he does siding with them. He's more...chaotic neutral though.

I put Deadpool in the villains side to make room for Marvel Heroes. I only put the heroes and villains stuff in strictly for organization purposes.

No Darksied?

It would be amazing and would rake in the money for all concerned those Mugen videos on youtube are a great interpretation of what the game could be like it HAS to be Capcom who make it though!

. . . I like to remain hope that in within the next 25-50 years, one publisher or developer will get lucky and end up with both licenses.
Capcom plz.

Is it a 2D beat em up or a 3D thing?.

I would go 2D there are very few 3D BEU of note and Capcom are the masters of this style of game.

Guys how about if this game is being developed by MIDWAY instead, i mean with their cool graphics and heck they also throw in the MORTAL KOMBAT fighters into the battle with the super heroes. So it will be like MARVEL VS DC VS MORTAL KOMBAT. So what do you guys think and say about this?

The closest thing you'll get to this right now is with Mugen

Well I have seen the 2D fighting CAPCOM style game of MARVEL VS DC developed by the M.U.G.E.N. 2D fighting game engine by normal cool gamers, So I thought that if MIDWAY can develop such a game with graphics like those of DC VS MORTAL KOMBAT, i guess it will be awesome if they could develop the very same game but this time with MARVEL included in the game.

For now, I think the closest thing to that is the Mugen game they're making at ScruffydragonDOTcom

I used to hang out at their forum all the time.

If anyone makes this it should be Capcom. Then follow it up with Marvel vs DC vs Capcom, and Marvel vs DC vs Capcom vs SNK.

Guys how about if this game is being developed by MIDWAY instead, i mean with their cool graphics and heck they also throw in the MORTAL KOMBAT fighters into the battle with the super heroes. So it will be like MARVEL VS DC VS MORTAL KOMBAT. So what do you guys think and say about this?

Mortal Kombat is one of the most horrible fighting game series. There is no balance.

I'd rather someone make it that can make an actual balanced fighting game. Developers that have made fighting games like Virtua fighter, Street fighter 3: 3rd Strike, Soul Calibur, or some other game that actually gets tournament play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"