Marvel with DC?

the last son

Superhero
Reaction score
Couldn't really find it, but why can't these two companies work together? I want to see.certain matchups/fights and couldn't they make done serious coin by doing this. I know people have said it's been done before, well why not again? Movies,.games, everything. Can we get injustice marvel vs DC. Avengers vs justice league film?

Marvel characters and DC characters are written in different ways that wouldn't match well. It would be like if Vito Corleone as he is in The Godfather was a character in Goodfellas. Realism and romanticism don't make a pair.

I'd rather they make a sick ass DC/Marvel fighting game before any movies. And I'd rather for both companies to exhaust every ****ing character they can make a buck off of before they get so desperate as to combine their characters in a movie.

Marvel characters and DC characters are written in different ways that wouldn't match well. It would be like if Vito Corleone as he is in The Godfather was a character in Goodfellas. Realism and romanticism don't make a pair.

You have a nice avatar, but this is a dumb post. Most writers at DC have written for Marvel and vise versa. There's not some massive tone change between the two universes. You're imagining things. So many Marvel characters are modeled off of DC characters and vise versa, it'd make perfect sense for them to exist in the same universe. There are so many different tone clashes in both the Marvel and DC universes that it would work perfectly fine.

I'm not imagining things. DC has always had their characters and the worlds they live in romanticized. That's why Stan Lee's Marvel run in the 60's shook up comics because he took the realistic approach. While Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman were champions to be idolized and admired, Spider-Man, the X-Men, and the Hulk were made to be related to. As if these were real people with anxieties, fears, addictions, etc. Realism did find its way into DC comics as the comics code got more lenient and allowed things like Green Lantern being accused of racism or Speedy becoming addicted to heroin. Realistic themes and story lines have become apart of DC comics, but their characters remain romantic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"