marvels number one villian

fletch1076

Civilian
Reaction score
Who is in your opinion the number one villian in marvel. I think we all agree that spider-man is the number one hero but I don't think green goblin is the number one villain.

I am not talking most powerful or anything like that, just who do you think non marvel fans would know for sure.

My guess is Doom

Who is in your opinion the number one villian in marvel. I think we all agree that spider-man is the number one hero but I don't think green goblin is the number one villain.

I am not talking most powerful or anything like that, just who do you think non marvel fans would know for sure.

My guess is Doom

You could go on and on in circles in terms of power; but in terms of the being the evil face of Marvel, no one is higher than Doom. Some would argue Magneto is more recognizable based on being the face of evil in more successful cartoons + movies, but Doom will always be Marvel's iconic villain.

I would consider Magneto second, then third, I have no clue. Most Spidey villains aren't in the running cause they rarely leave the spidey comic.

Spider-Man isn't the #1 hero. Spider-Man sucks!

Spider-Man isn't the #1 hero. Spider-Man sucks!

In terms of recognition he is. At one point, Captain America was probably higher on the totem pole, but 2.5 Billion dollars in box office gross will change that in a hurry.

as the gentleman in question might put it
"DOOM RULES SUPREME"

You could go on and on in circles in terms of power; but in terms of the being the evil face of Marvel, no one is higher than Doom. Some would argue Magneto is more recognizable based on being the face of evil in more successful cartoons + movies, but Doom will always be Marvel's iconic villain.

I would consider Magneto second, then third, I have no clue. Most Spidey villains aren't in the running cause they rarely leave the spidey comic.
Kingpin

Doom, Kingpin, Galactus, Magneto, Red Skull.

Whatever happened to the Mandarin? Too politically-incorrect?

It's between Dr. Doom and Magneto because of the movies.
At Universal Islands of Adventure, there are Dr. Doom actors, haven't seen any Magneto ones other than the Bill & Ted Halloween Horror Night Show

I say Dr. Doom is Marvel's #1 villian.
He is like a version of Lex Luther. He is a brilliant scientist, very arrogant, and very powerful in terms of his authority.

he has dealt with almost everyone, the Avengers, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Dr. Strange, and so on.

and he took the Beyonder's power, and I hear he took or tried to take the Silver Surfer's power.

Plus he has really cool armor.

Dr. Doom
Magneto
I'm torn between Galactus or Red Skull.

Dr. Doom
Magneto
I'm torn between Galactus or Red Skull.

I'd go with Red Skull; Galactus isn't evil persay. He fits in with Nietzche's theory of the superman (No not that one...) the idea that a being of greater power doesn't have to answer to a being of lesser. Galactus eating planets is no more evil theoretically than us eating meat. Still a top 10 villain, but the fact that he isn't truly evil keeps him from being #3 for me.

Red Skull on the other hand, was THE Golden Age villain of Marvel.

For the guy who said Kingpin (sorry, don't feel like scrolling to look, I'm lazy), Kingpin would probably be towards the top of the Marvel Knights list of villains, but to be a villain of epic proportions you have to have fought all the major heroes imo (Spider-Man, X-Men, Avengers, Fantastic Four, Hulk) or at least most of them.

This category includes: Doctor Doom, Magneto, The Red Skull, Kang The Conqueror, Loki, Thanos, & a few others.

They just brought him back in Ironman. Or some new variation of some such.

i suspect that if he targeted other super-heroes the green goblin would be#1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"