• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Who is Marvel's most famous/recognizable villain?

WalkingDeadMike

#KNICKSTAPE
Reaction score
Not solely to comic fans, but to the general public. With DC, I don't even think it's debatable, it has to be the Joker. But with Marvel I think it could bring out some good debate. I'll throw out Magneto, Dr. Doom, Doc Oc, Green Goblin and Venom as prime candidates, but who do you think it is?

This was inspired by Blackheart's face of Marvel thread.

i think dr. doom is the most recognizable but most famous may be Magneto because of his involvement in all 3 X-MEN movies and he was played by Ian Mckellen

:doom::doom::doom:

But after this summer he might have to fight off Loki and possibly the Red Skull.

Magneto, Venom, Doctor Octopus.

Personally, I don't think the general public knows Doom as well as you guys think.

Venom, (Dark) Phoenix, Magneto

Beg to differ, I think they do consider he was in 2 movies

Yeah, but Magneto was in 3 movies and prime villain in multiple X-Men cartoons and I'm still not sure he's more popular than some Spidey villains. Like I said in my OP, I think it's up for debate and no real right answer.

Personally, I don't think the general public knows Doom as well as you guys think.

On the whole they kinda know he has something to do with Darth Vader as well. Plus the whole Universal Tour stuff. Let us not forget MF DOOM.

Plus the name is what they know the most.

:doom: :doom: :doom:

I would say Magneto is the most well known villain to the unwashed masses, personally.

The X-Men have had several movies and two very popular cartoon series. People know who Magneto is. Doom, maybe. Magneto, definitely.

Yeah, but life has already crushed their spirit, so they no longer give a s**t about such things.

People over 35 also know Magneto. Doom may be the most magnificent of all the magnificent bastards out there, but on the Marvel side, Magneto's more well known.

Pfft, both of em got nothing on Lex. :o

Lex may be a better match for RICHARDS!! :argh: in the intellect department, but Doom's got the whole package for success in the supervillain world.

People know the name "Doctor Doom", but beyond that I suspect his profile these days is pretty limited (and heavily linked to those two lame films).

I'd give it Magneto. He was played by Ian McKellen in three big films, is about to be one of the leads in a fourth, and was a big player in all of the X-Men cartoons, one of which was insanely popular.

It is a shame that Fox retains the licenses to the Fantastic Four and the X-Men. I think Dr. Doom could be a terrific villain for other franchises that Marvel Studios does have access to, like Iron Man or the Avengers.

The next to Dr Doom like persona in Marvel Studios movie universe is the Mandarin. Hope they get him right in 2013.

NO one is bigger than the Joker and Lex Luther. BUT in Marvel's case I'd go with Dr Doom, Dr Oct, and Magneto

Alas, the 90s guaranteed Venom's status as one of the most recognizable villains (even if he wasn't really a villain for a decent chunk of that). That aside, Magneto and Dr. Doom have both been part of Marvel's marketing pushes for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"