Mass Effect Coming To PC?

Fran

Banned User
Reaction score
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/10/22/mass-effect-rumored-for-the-pc/

An article scan from the latest PC Gamer UK reveals that BioWare's Mass Effect could be heading to the PC. This is most welcome news for Windows gamers, but hardly surprising when you consider the Canadian developer's previous two Xbox titles followed the same path. Knights of the Old Republic started out as an Xbox exclusive, and its PC conversion followed four months later. Also, a special edition PC port of Jade Empire was announced at E3 and will ship in January.

Mass Effect doesn't arrive on the Xbox 360 until Q2, so we probably wouldn't see the rumored PC release until late next year. We'll let you know if we hear any confirmation details.

I figured it would, eventually.

might be I'll buy it on the pc instead then!

I could see this happening. Microsoft has so many titles they could use to push Windows Vista into the gaming market it's insane. They might as well use this one too.

But actually the article is wrong. Knights of the Old Republic did not start as an Xbox exclusive at all. Towards the end it was developed with both platforms in mind, but it started off as a PC game only.

As always, I wonder who will do the actual port. With Bioware working on two more Mass Effects as well as Dragon Age and yet another Xbox360 FPS, I doubt they have the time.

I wonder....

WhatsHisFace said:
I could see this happening. Microsoft has so many titles they could use to push Windows Vista into the gaming market it's insane. They might as well use this one too.

But actually the article is wrong. Knights of the Old Republic did not start as an Xbox exclusive at all. Towards the end it was developed with both platforms in mind, but it started off as a PC game only.

As always, I wonder who will do the actual port. With Bioware working on two more Mass Effects as well as Dragon Age and yet another Xbox360 FPS, I doubt they have the time.

I wonder....

Obsidian or Pandemic?

Most likely Pandemic, considering they are merged now into one company.

Hudson said:
Obsidian or Pandemic?
Probably neither, since both studios are too good at making their own games to have to be bothered making a PC port.

It'll most likely be a technically proficient but blindly-lead studio like Digital Anvil was.

WhatsHisFace said:
Probably neither, since both studios are too good at making their own games to have to be bothered making a PC port.

It'll most likely be a technically proficient but blindly-lead studio like Digital Anvil was.
good point, but then I wouldn't Pandemic too good, not like their Destroy all human games are brilliance.

Mercenaries rule though.

Full Spectrum Warrior was really good, just not fun to play.

WhatsHisFace said:
Full Spectrum Warrior was really good, just not fun to play.
oh snap they developed that too.

Also while I would to, I can't call Obsidian and Pandemic good studios yet, I know Obsidian has great talent but I want to see what they can do other than be the sequel puppet for Bioware:o

Obsidian is good, I'd say. It's got a lot of great talent, which is basically an Ion Storm type deal. Pandemic is overall good, their Mercenaries and FSW were good, and though they have Destroy All Humans, they also have StarWars Battlefront 2 and stuff...

WhatsHisFace said:
Obsidian is good, I'd say. It's got a lot of great talent, which is basically an Ion Storm type deal. Pandemic is overall good, their Mercenaries and FSW were good, and though they have Destroy All Humans, they also have StarWars Battlefront 2 and stuff...

Dammit you're right, I know nothing!:wow: :csad:

anywho, I'm really riding on NWN2 I got the limited edition preordered even :D
:ninja:

That game has been in development for so long. :D

When it that sucker supposed to ship? :D

WhatsHisFace said:
That game has been in development for so long. :D

When it that sucker supposed to ship? :D
On my birthday :D

WhatsHisFace said:
Gamespot gave it an 8.6 FLOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well my quick review goes down like this:

I like it, it's fun, lots of different classes, graphics are kinda poor, only problem I have IS THAT THERE'S A MOTHER****ING BUG SO ALL IMPORTANT NPCS DISAPPEAR AT ONE POINT GRR ARGH!:cmad:

As one of the people who actually managed to have NWN2 be nearly bug free (no noticeable ones at least) I can say it blows NWN1 out of the water on the single player campaign. The toolset is also so much better its unbelievable. I can't wait to see what the community will do with it.

Remember Black Isle?
Fallout 1 & 2, Planescape, icewind Dale...., they closed doors sometime ago, just to reemerge some months later with a new name...Obsidian.
So, yeah, Obisidian is extremely good.

As for Mass Effect...
Anything that Bioware does, either is a PC exclusive, or it ends on the PC.
Bioware stated in an interview before Jade Empire was released that they are, above all a PC developer, they started there and will end up there too.
That was the interiview where they stated that Jade Empire would go to the PC too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"