Comics Maximum Carnage!

comic_book_guy

Harlequin of Hate
Reaction score
i havnt read all of the comics yet but i thought i would make a thread seein what people thought of it that had read it :p , happy posting :D :spidey:

I havn't read any of Maximum Carnage but I've heard it is very good. What do you think of them? What you've read so far...

It's generally accepted that it sucks. It's long and not much happens, but it's vaguely entertaining and mostly floats along on how "cool" it is. I'm a fan, but it's all style and marketing over substance. The story, writing, etc, are all extremely bland.

Maximum Carnage is a horrible 90s 14 issue slugfest. It made a better video game.

I loved it. Not every story has to be life-changing or tragic...this was just fun, old-fashioned superhero vs supervillain fare and a great reaffirment of Peter's personal creed.

I thought it was very cool, one of the best Spidey stories of the 1990's.

By the way, very well said Captain Stacy. :up:

Maximum Carnage is a horrible 90s 14 issue slugfest. It made a better video game.

Aloha,
As much as I suck at video games, it was the only one I ever finished. Great game,great music.
Spidey rules

This story started in the 2nd month of me getting into Spider-Man. I LOVED it, not only because I thought it was very entertaining, but it was a great way to start collecting all the different core titles, it gave me my first goal in collecting (which was to get every issue of the 14-part story), it gave me a good group of allies and villains to learn about very quickly, and it also allowed me to get into Peter's psyche very early on.

It's generally accepted that it sucks. It's long and not much happens, but it's vaguely entertaining and mostly floats along on how "cool" it is. I'm a fan, but it's all style and marketing over substance. The story, writing, etc, are all extremely bland.
ALOT of 90's comics are guilty of this, sadly.

For me it was boring, predictable, WAY too drawn out and the varying artists from issue to issue only served to highlight the series lack of cohesion.

I think people would love this more if Bendis did Ultimate Maximum Carnage and have it suck like every other book he touches.

Me, I got no real firm opinion on it. I got every part sporradically and out of order, so I never got the full scope. One day I'll hafta sit and read it through. But the game did rock.

I liked it. Only Spidey TPB I got.

Too bad it never happened now.

I loved it. Not every story has to be life-changing or tragic...this was just fun, old-fashioned superhero vs supervillain fare and a great reaffirment of Peter's personal creed.

I agree, CaptainStacy!

what i have read so far is pretty good, theres alot of action goin on and awesome art work, thanks for your opinions guys :) much appretiated.

Ha, this was one of the first stories for Spider-man that I ever read.

It will always own a special place in my heart, lol.

Was it the most well written story? No.

But it was fun as hell while it lasted. Plus Mark Bagley's issues looked absolutely amazing.

OMD. Unless they've already covered it besides Joey Q saying "it all happened only Spidey and MJ were a couple, not married".

Apparantly everything has happened with Peter & MJ as couple, and they only "recently" broke up... as we'll soon find out why?

:yay:

You know, I always favored the "Spider-man" sega game over Maximum Carnage. Don't know why, but the fighting style in that just appealed to me more.

And I liked the fact that it tied in with the TAS, seeing as how I was about 9 and that was my favorite show in the world back then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"