MAY - Fan Art Contest - ENTER HERE

EXCELSIOR

Sidekick
Reaction score
BEFORE YOU ENTER THE CONTEST PLEASE READ ALL THE RULES!
(Print them out if you need to for future reference)

THE CONTEST:
X-MEN Free-For-All - That's right gang in honor of the third film X-Men: The Last Stand, this is your chance to show what you can do with any character from the X-Men universe! From comic to film… it’s a “Free-for-All” so go crazy!
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to send EXCELSIOR a PM!

THE RULES:
One entry per artist. Try and be as ORIGINAL as possible, do it in pencil, crayon, markers, action figures, Photoshop whatever you are comfortable with. Photo-manips are allowed. For example: manip’ing Wolverine using photos is OK – but be sure and tweak it creatively. I don’t want to simply see a cut and paste that looks like it took you 5 mins, that’s not very creative. Using art/photo reference is okay, I just don't want to see anyone directly COPY an existing piece of ARTWORK... Your entry should be posted HERE in this thread. Using artwork created by someone else and claiming it as your own will not be allowed - and that entry will be disqualified. Originality is always key!
*Previous month’s winner is exempt from winning this month, but can enter a NON-ENTRY in the contest!

And please keep the comments and critiques as FAIR as possible. Remember however by posting your entry you are open to critique!

ONE ENTRY PER ARTIST!
Take your time and show 'em your best work, try to avoid posting works-in-progress. (Any duplicate entries may be deleted without notice from the thread). You may want to check the thread occasionally to see that your entry is still posted, any entries not showing at the close of the contest may be disqualified. Also if you choose to 'team-up' with another artist then you must clearly state both names with the entry and who did what.

IMAGE HOSTING
You will need to host your own image and link it here in this thread.

THE DEADLINE
May 29, 2006
Winner will be chosen by you the fan artists.
(Of course Excelsior & SHH will have the final say)

THE PRIZE:
The winner will get his/her name posted on the home page of SuperHeroHype as a news item for the whole world to see!

So there is your assignment if you chose to take it... You should post your artwork here in this thread!
ONLY IMAGES CREATED BY YOU AND POSTED ONLY IN THIS THREAD ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE CONTEST. By entering the contest you are agreeing that the artwork submitted is original and created by you the artist, and by posting an image you are open to critique!

GOOD LUCK!

Hah! First post I win!

Did we find out last month's winner yet?

ampersand said:
Did we find out last month's winner yet?
Nope. Can't bare the suspense?

p.s. Shameless plug, everyone check out my new art thread! Or else.

^o^ yaaaaaaaaaaay! I'm entering this time! I can't wait till I'm done! I can't wait to see what everyone else has got up their sleeves this month :) Do good everybody! :up:

I'm in.

Now, let's just see if I can draw.

ok i got more than one..im only 13 so meh
xpic.jpg

sorry about jeans legs i can cut it off if u want

not bad at all man, good jorb :up: :O

Im planning on doing some Cyclops vs. Wolvie thing :o

Very cool. Like the colors.

I was Xpecting this... sounds Xciting... Xcellent contest idea.... ok that's enough... :D

i can't wait to see the stuff people submit this month. i'm sure i'll be right clicking and saving over half of it.

i even started sketching something out, in case i finally cave and do one. even though i've been saying that for the last 2 contests.

Hi EXCELSIOR I have a question...I have an idea for this month's contest but wanna check if the idea is okay before I begin :)

I wanna use the famous Cover to Uncanny X-Men #136 and change the characthers all into there film looks...Of course I re-draw the images just wanted to know if using that cover as a starting point/reference was okay??

Uncanny136.jpg

Can't wait to see what everyone come up with this month :) Good luck everyone :up:

:venom: Baggers :venom:

From the sounds of the rules, that sounds fine man.

Wow, I'm hyped for this contest!

Baggers said:
Hi EXCELSIOR I have a question...I have an idea for this month's contest but wanna check if the idea is okay before I begin :)

I wanna use the famous Cover to Uncanny X-Men #136 and change the characthers all into there film looks...Of course I re-draw the images just wanted to know if using that cover as a starting point/reference was okay??

Uncanny136.jpg

Can't wait to see what everyone come up with this month :) Good luck everyone :up:

i seen that comic saturday for 20 bucks

am i the only one with an entry so far?

am i the only one with an entry so far?

For the moment *cue evil laugh* almost finished mine damm inking is taking forever dreading the colouring also but it should be done by the end of the week :) yay!!

My initial coloring is almost done on mine. I gotta detail it (a lot). I should have mine up in a couple weeks. :)

Hi guys took me awhile but here is my image...well for the moment maybe lol

As you know I based my idea/image on this famous front cover...

Uncanny136.jpg

This is how my image turned out (At the moment I'm debating if I should add the rest of the background X-men characthers or leave it the way it is)

Here is image 1 with pink flame like cloud like from the front cover:

x-men2copy.jpg

Here is image 2 with red flame like cloud:

x-men3copy.jpg

Enjoy guys :) let me know what you think...

P.S. Loving the image batboy99 :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"