MCU Illuminati

jolldan

Sidekick
Reaction score
nwvlfGS.gif

As of right now there are only three of the seven members on the big screen for Marvel those being Iron Man, Dr. Strange and Black Panther. That got me thinking if we will ever potentially see a MCU version of the Illuminati on the big screen?

With Disney's acquisition of Fox they regain the rights to the X-Men & Fantastic Four so Charles Xavier & Reed Richards might not be too far away.

However two we are not likely to see in the near future are Black Bolt who's live action debut on the Inhumans tv show was underwhelming at best leading to the show's cancelation. And Namor who's film rights are currently tied up by Universal.

With that in mind I thought it would be interesting to see what characters you think should potentially replace Xavier, Richards, Black Bolt & Namor?

Here are mine in a list of for and against:

Hank Pym

For: Arguably the best pick for the team when considering Hank's genius level intellect, years of field experience and understanding of the political side of things because of his time working with SHIELD.

Against: Hank's temper in the comics is legendary and although its very restrained in the MCU we still get a sense that Hank's temper gets the best of him from time to time.

Janet Van Dyne

For: No other human has more knowledge or understanding of the powers of the quantum realm. Due to so spending so long it Janet has actually developed quantum powers. Janet also has plenty of field experience from her time as the Wasp.

Against: Being out of the human world for so long Janet could easily have an outdated look on the world and how things should be done.

Shuri

For: Shuri has been confirmed by the dirctors as the smartest character in the MCU so that alone should surely put her on the fast track for the genius team.

Against: It may be a little crowded with two Wakandan's on the council and Shuri is still very young so it may be a bit early having her making decisions of that magnitude.

Rocket Racoon

For: Here me out lol I know this one sounds a little crazy but Rocket could be a good fit to replace Bolt's alien character as he is the smartest of the Guardian's and his knowledge of alien technology and weaponry would be a huge boost to the team.

Against: It took pretty much two Guardian's movie before Rocket stopped being difficult with his current team so dropping him right in to a new group could easily do more damage than good.

Bruce Banner

For: The group is famous for sending Hulk away from Earth but since that story has somewhat been done in Thor Ragnarok there could be a possibility of Banner joining the team. With 7 PHD's Banner is one of the smartest people in the MCU for sure being on par or as close as makes no difference as Tony Stark.

Against: If the other guy takes the reigns then all logic and reason goes out the window and I don't think you are getting the Hulk to sit down and discuss the current state of geopolitics.

Those are just my top picks, who would you go for?

Pym seems like the best option. His interaction with Stark would be interesting (assuming he is not dead).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"