Sequels MCU Phase X - Map out Marvel Stud10s' X-Men films in the 2020s!

This is just for the X-Men films, it can be a team film like Dark Phoenix or a solo film like Origins Wolverine. Feel free to include the X-Men's cameo in non X-Men films like Eternals or Black Widow. Also if you have some ideas for the 2030s and beyond, don't be shy to include them despite the title thread only mentioning the 2020s. I'll start this thread with my list:

X-Men Begin
Aveng5rs: The Black Knight (post credits or mid credits tease)

X-Men Here We Go Again!

Avengers vs X-Men (not Xactly based on the comics' AvX storyarc)

X-Men Beyond

X-Men Legacy
Avengers 7 (some of the X-Men maybe 1 to 3 joined the Avengers)

X-Men Order of the Phoenix

X-Men: Dancing White Queen

X-Men: I have a Dream

2022:
X-Men: Like an Angel Passing Through My Room

2023:
X-Men: The Black King has lost his Crown

2024:
X-Men: I am just a Marvel Girl

2025:
X-Men: Cassandra Nova

2026:
X-Men: The Wyngarde takes it All

:o

It also says $EX in phase x

Which reminds me, whatever happened to the Smexy threads?

Whedon had the right idea in Astonishing. Start with a core group and develop them aa good as you can. 6-7 members will be ideal

It would be confusing to split them and give us half a team for one film and a new half a team for another film. x-men are one team especially to general audiences.

Deadpool / X Force will likely carry on but Feige will properly control the silly cameos and character deaths that lowered the quality of Deadpool 2.

Some X-Men spinoffs could go to Marvel TV / Netflix. I'm not sure i see much future in Gifted or Legion, those might finish and something new come along instead.

Some X-Men characters could cameo in other films first, like Storm in Black Panther (might be a nice way of dealing with her origin story).

Can't wait to see what they have in store for the main X-Men team movies. Probably a small team seen in a cameo in another movie and are expanded in their debut MCU movie by the arrival of others such as Storm.

It would be confusing to split them and give us half a team for one film and a new half a team for another film. x-men are one team especially to general audiences.

I don't Think so.

but you read the comic books! It would work best if you tried that with a sequel, maybe have them on separate missions on the same film and bring them together at the end.

Which reminds me, whatever happened to the Smexy threads?

Very good question. I think it’s somewhere in one of the previous film’s board like xmen apocalpse.

God it’s going to be fun when we can have a smexy thread for the MCU actors (once we know who they are!)

but you read the comic books! It would work best if you tried that with a sequel, maybe have them on separate missions on the same film and bring them together at the end.

Its not that complicated to doit in the first film.... And yes I have read the comics.

You forgot the spin-off, Angel Eyes.

That's how its written in the MCU 2018 films. Its not like I invented it.

In 5 years time, it will be Marvel Stud1o5. :o

They'll have trouble at 20 though.

I heard Sony was still involved with Spiderman and they're planning to have Marvel's Spiderman interact with Sony's Venom.

What will be Fox's involvement with X-Men after this deal is done? Some think there's a chance we'll get to see Hugh Jackman in the MCU which I would not mind at all, but I would not mind the full reboot either. And yes I know Fox's original cast is way more expensive than the cheaper (and so far very successful) option of recasting.

Last edited:
Dunno if this is a relevant fan cast or not, but Jack Gleeson who played Prince Joffrey in Game of Thrones would be a nice pick for the role of Cypher, a New Mutants member. It is one of the most fascinating mutant characters ever.

I heard Sony was still involved with Spiderman and they're planning to have Marvel's Spiderman interact with Sony's Venom.

What will be Fox's involvement with X-Men after this deal is done? Some think there's a chance we'll get to see Hugh Jackman in the MCU which I would not mind at all, but I would not mind the full reboot either. And yes I know Fox's original cast is way more expensive than the cheaper (and so far very successful) option of recasting.

No one thinks that. There is literall no rumor whatover about the old cast returning, you just made that up. And Spider-man isn't in Venom and it doesn't take place in the MCU. Stop spreading lies.

No one thinks that. There is literall no rumor whatover about the old cast returning, you just made that up. And Spider-man isn't in Venom and it doesn't take place in the MCU. Stop spreading lies.

Alright, that’s probably why I heard that. I would be okay with that either way.

what about Marvel Studios: 20 Years

2020 Uncannny X-Men
2022 Astonishing X-Men
2024 Ultimate X-Men

2025 Avengers v X-Men

any chance they'd be in 3d? I'd love to watch Dr Strange in Imax 3D, that or Black Panther or Avengers 3

I think 2 x-men MCU movies its good enough before Avengers vs X-men

Something to also consider regarding potential spinoffs (which I don’t see as likely aside from MAYBE Wolverine, one or two others. Storm could feature heavily in a BP sequel) is that Marvel Studios isn’t gonna do more than 3 movies a year, Feige has said this. It’s too much work to bite off.

So there’s three per year - they’ve got to finish trilogies for Guardians/Ant Man/Doctor Strange/Spidey/Black Panther/Captain Marvel. They’re gonna keep doing an Avengers/team-up every three years. We know Black Widow and Eternals are both likely movies, along with an all-female teamup. Feige has basically said that Miss Marvel is coming once Captain Marvel is more established so they can play the legacy/inspiration angle. It’s possible that some of the original heroes that have already gotten trilogies might get one more (I don’t expect Cap 4, Iron Man 4 AND Thor 4, but one of those wouldn’t surprise that much.) We’ve got whatever the cosmic plans for Marvel that James Gunn was gonna be a huge part of post-phase 3.

Now also include ANY other surprises/wildcards the MCU might reveal for Phase 4 such as a Thunderbolts or Young Avengers/Champions movie. Plus surely now a Fantastic Four trilogy, a main X-Men trilogy, and it’s entirely possible that Deadpool 3/X-Force still gets made by the MCU in some capacity because Deadpool/Ryan Reynolds is such a cultural juggernaut and if any aspect of the Fox X-Men universe could survive a merger it’s meta Deadpool (they could flat out say in the movie “hey I know it’s confusing but would you rather recast me?”)

Now think about all of those movies. And think about only 3 a year. And let’s be real, it’s not what I want but if there’s ANY X-Men solo spinoff, another Wolverine is coming first. How likely does anyone really think it is that we’re getting say a Rogue movie?

EDIT: plus, I think if any former Fox characters get solo movies in the MCU, they’re gonna be either Deadpool, Silver Surfer or Doom.

I agree!!

Iwould watch Thor 4!! I understand captain America may die amd be replaced by captain marvel, and tony starks getting quite expensive!! ill be honest I’ve never quite enjoyed the iron man movies

there are so many possibilities for spinoffs. fox was onlly starting to explore new mutants. Im thinking an all female xmen spinoff may be possible. I kinda liked the recent comicbook where they did that.

There is no need for that. The X-men arrive on a crowded era for the MCU. I dont want all female X-men in favor of Black Widow or Eternals.

X-men will get their due.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"