Luke Cage MCU references/easter eggs (Spoilers)

ImSGirl95

Doreen Green
Reaction score
Post any MCU references/easter eggs and connections. :)

-Guy on the street selling raw video of "The Incident," name-dropping the Avengers.
-Cottonmouth's people buying Hammer tech weapons.
-Pop refers to Luke's "rebound" chick that shot him in the head with a shotgun (Jessica Jones).
-Misty's partner talks about how the Incident proved just how insignificant cops really are.
-Turk shows up again, decides to go back to Hell's Kitchen, "where it's safer," lol.

-Guy on the street selling raw video of "The Incident," name-dropping the Avengers.

Wait! So, The Avengers are really mentioned by name, as in "The Avengers"? Not as in "the big green dude and his gang"?

Wait! So, The Avengers are really mentioned by name, as in "The Avengers"? Not as in "the big green dude and his gang"?
Well, they say "Tony Stark" directly, and then use descriptors for the others. "Old dude with the shield," etc.

Turk's such an idiot, lol. Would have liked to see him deal with Cottonmouth a bit more.

-Claire describing to her mom all the crazy **** she's seen in the other shows, lol. Her mom talking about the aliens and superheroes that are a part of their lives now.
-Shades telling Cottonmouth about new Hammer prototype rounds made from alien tech from The Incident.

Last edited:

Foggy already said "Captain America" in Daredevil season 1.

Wow, they're really holding onto Hammer Industries.

Trish Walker on the radio, vocal cameo by Rachael Taylor.

Wilson Fisk's lawyer, Benjamin Donovan, from season 2 of Daredevil shows up twice this season of Luke Cage. He's the lawyer of Cornell Stokes. I'm fairly certain it was the same actor.

Diamondback's costume is similar to this image. He's even got the same undershirt.

latest

Multiple references to Matt Murdock. But you know, maybe actually calling him to give Cage some help when he really needed it would've been better.

References to what Jessica Jones did to Kilgrave. Mariah Dillard talks about a super-powered woman snapping someone's neck because it was mind control.

The Judas is made from Chitauri metal that was obtained during the incident.

Blake Tower from season 2 of Daredevil shows up this season of Luke Cage. He's still working for the DA's office. Don't know who the new DA is yet though.

I never recognize these damn lawyers and DA's from the other shows, lol.

It's weird IMHO how they will get all the bit players from the other shows to do cameo appearances but none of the lead guys, I guess until Defenders at least.

It's weird how Jessica, Matt, Luke, etc.. have higher chances of seeing/meeting those random DA's and lawyers and police officers and night nurses, than to meet/see each other lol

I really need to see him join the Avengers at some point. At least put him in IW.

Was Charlie Cox really not available at all for just one cameo? I mean c'mon.

Last edited:
Charlie Cox.

One more thing, there was a reference to Colleen Wing in the show.

Comanche is namedropped in the first episode. I guess we see more of him in episode 4 but they never continue to reference him by name.

Wish we would've gotten more of Shades and Comanche as a duo together on the show. Wonder what happened to him after Seagate?

There's Stan Lee on that 'See a Crime? Report it' poster in episode 11 or 12 (not sure which episode I'm on at the moment)
edit: It's episode 12

Last edited:
At the end a flyer for Colleen Wing's Martial Arts training

Hate hearing the word lawyer on these shows with no payoff.

I think they really want to hold off on them meeting until Defenders.

Colleen Wing easter egg on the poster. If it was posted already I apologize. I didn't read the thread bc I haven't finished the show yet.

CtuiqrDUIAEowZc.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"