Luke Cage MCU references/easter eggs (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Past Marvel Series' started by ImSGirl95, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Gamma Goliath Engine of Destruction

When they were being held up in harlems paradise, the thug sugar refers to her as a night nurse.

2. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

sugar referred to her as night nurse in the club hostage episode

3. WereCoyote Registered

Considering there has been no mention of Shield, I think these shows may be taking place before CA-The Winter Soldier.

4. Random490 Registered

In Jessica Jones, Trish specifically references Age of Ultron. Safe bet that JJ, DD season 2, and LC all take place after Age of Ultron since they all reference each other.

Also as seen on AoS, since Winter Soldier, SHIELD has been working working in the shadows, not publicly recognized. The current season is apparently going to change that but as of right now there's no reason for SHIELD to be name dropped at all on netflix.

5. Mike Murdock Registered

Do you remember the AoU reference?

6. Random490 Registered

It was early in the season, Trish was on the radio arguing that a mind controller could exsist, she points out that aliens invaded and something along the lines of "robots dropped a city from the sky"

7. ImSGirl95 Doreen Green

Ok ... you sure about that? I'm really a MCU timeline-tard about all those references and stuff in the universe. And I can swear that she hasn't mentioned no robots and falling cities fro the sky.

Or maybe, I could be wrong. But I'm 90% sure I'm not.

8. Gamma Goliath Engine of Destruction

I fell like there had been an aou reference on a netflix slow but can't remember.

9. ImSGirl95 Doreen Green

I don't know ... I really don't think there has been an AoU references ever on a Netflix show.

10. Random490 Registered

Okay, so I was 100% sure that it happened and I tried to look for the exact scene and turns out I can't for the life of me find it. I could have sworn Trish referenced it during the interview with Hope. I can clearly picture her saying "And robots dropped a city from the sky" I'm going to have to get my head check, I'm typically good at picking up on small tidbits like that and remembering them, not making them up. So unless another character said it I'm going crazy.

This has made me legitimately worried about my mental state.

11. ImSGirl95 Doreen Green

So, any Season 2 easter eggs/cameos so far, for those that seen some episodes?

12. TheVileOne Registered

In one episode, Luke Cage says, "So you want to HIRE this HERO?"

In the final episode, Tilda has a hairdo similar to her character in the comics.

13. ironman29758 Registered

In episode 5, someone asks who would win in a fight between Luke and the "Green monster"/Hulk before someone breaks a glass bottle over Luke's head.

Plus there is a callback to the "Where's my money, honey?" Scene

14. Ozbridge Registered

In one scene Nandi told Misty that O'Reilly had transferred to New Orleans.

15. Random490 Registered

That had me cracking up.

16. ImSGirl95 Doreen Green

17. Mike Murdock Registered

Are we using this thread for season two? I was taking a ton of notes on Easter Egg references in Season Two. I would say this season felt the most connected of any Netflix show. Of course, there's the reference to Hammer Industries that continues from season one. There's a Cloak and Dagger reference. And it's full of references to the other Netflix shows: Foggy appeared, Colleen appeared, and Danny appeared. They also mentioned Jessica Jones.

With comics references, plenty of characters are comics characters:

Cockroach, Piranha, and Tilda Johnson are all Luke Cage characters. D.W. is another long-standing Luke Cage character, although he was changed from a white guy to a black guy. They even reference the running gag from those early issues where Luke tries to get the coffee machine to work properly. Rosalie Carbone is a Punisher villain, so I wonder if she'll pop up in Season Two of that show. Finally, the company Mariah was investing in early on is Glenn Industries, which was run by the father of one-time Daredevil girlfriend Heather Glenn.

#67 Mike Murdock, Jul 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  18. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Mr Fish is another Luke Villain although he wasn't a mutant fish man in the show like he was in the comics.

They are burning through Luke Cage black mobster villains.

I'm wondering if they will switch things up next season and use a villain that isn't another gangster trying to take over harlem.

19. TheVileOne Registered

Diamondback isn't dead and he's in the clutches of the Doctor from Seagate if you all recall. Just saying.