MCU Tag Team Battles: Captain America & Winter Soldier VS Luke Cage & Iron Fist

Explain then how Matt was beating his a** in the Defenders before JJ stepped in to stop it? If DD could get good licks in you don't think an enhanced Cap or Bucky could? Imagine those shots Matty was connecting on thrown by them...In the MCU versions of these characters, Danny is done.

We'll see how he's advanced in season 2.

Having seen the Defenders fight Elektra I believe that in a Defenders vs Avengers match with the less powerful Avengers like Cap, Bucky, Widow and Hawkeye would take down the Defenders ( although Hawkeye, and Widow would probably get KOd - unless Widow has her plot armour on).

Don't get me wrong, I like the Defenders but even with Danny's area effect Iron Fist shock wave I think either Cap or Bucky would shrug it off and then beat him to a pulp.

Still a good idea for a match up though.

Tell you what, Elektra vs Okoye or Widow would be very entertaining but in the end Elektra kills either of them.
Elektra vs Winter Soldier ( Bucky in Zombie mode) would be very close.

Sorry, I'm way off on a tangent - have we done any Elektra matches yet ?

Last edited:
I am going to push back on the consensus that Cap and Bucky would win this in a cake walk. First, I think MCU Cage and IF are at a distinct disadvantage in this matchup by virtue of the medium they are on as Netflix has not allowed for the types of feats that the movies have given to Cap/Bucky. That said, I think we can extrapolate the power set of Cage/IF by context of their shows.

In my estimation, Cage's strength is probably slightly higher than your average Asgardian, but not close to Thor strength. He is seen on a couple of occasions lifting huge pieces of rumble with ease. He busts through walls on a regular basis and smashes up guns like crumpling paper. Also, he is near invulnerable, only a point blank shotgun blast to the chin put him down.

As for IF, the fight choreography was mediocre, but through context of his show we know that he has defeated a dragon. That has to count for something. The title of IF has a certain profound reputation, so even though it hasn't really been shown, it had to have been earned. He too has been shown punching through brick walls.

In the end, I think Cap/Bucky may still take this but only barely and probably only because of Cap's mastery of strategy and Bucky's long history of being a weapon. If Cage could neutralize Cap in some way, the two could then take out Bucky.

I am going to push back on the consensus that Cap and Bucky would win this in a cake walk. First, I think MCU Cage and IF are at a distinct disadvantage in this matchup by virtue of the medium they are on as Netflix has not allowed for the types of feats that the movies have given to Cap/Bucky. That said, I think we can extrapolate the power set of Cage/IF by context of their shows.

In my estimation, Cage's strength is probably slightly higher than your average Asgardian, but not close to Thor strength. He is seen on a couple of occasions lifting huge pieces of rumble with ease. He busts through walls on a regular basis and smashes up guns like crumpling paper. Also, he is near invulnerable, only a point blank shotgun blast to the chin put him down.

As for IF, the fight choreography was mediocre, but through context of his show we know that he has defeated a dragon. That has to count for something. The title of IF has a certain profound reputation, so even though it hasn't really been shown, it had to have been earned. He too has been shown punching through brick walls.

In the end, I think Cap/Bucky may still take this but only barely and probably only because of Cap's mastery of strategy and Bucky's long history of being a weapon. If Cage could neutralize Cap in some way, the two could then take out Bucky.

Re watched Civil War last night - particularly Cap and Bucky v Iron Man. After seeing both Steve and Bucky
punch Iron Man and take punches and repulsor blasts from him ( and Bucky 's arm damaged the suit) I think they'd have no trouble with Danny and Luke at all.

Re watched Civil War last night - particularly Cap and Bucky v Iron Man. After seeing both Steve and Bucky
punch Iron Man and take punches and repulsor blasts from him ( and Bucky 's arm damaged the suit) I think they'd have no trouble with Danny and Luke at all.

Bucky's arm damaged Iron Man's arc reactor, the least durable part of his suit.

Regardless of who wins, Danny is the most skilled here

Bucky's arm damaged Iron Man's arc reactor, the least durable part of his suit.

He also crushed the repulsor in Tony's palm. Bucky's fingers tear into the metal housing surrounding the reactor. Even then, it's Iron Man's armour, tearing into any part of it is a feat of strength.

Both Bucky and Cap take mutiple full force punches from Iron Man and don't drop. Watching them double team Iron Man tells me that after one of them downed Danny they would bash Luke into submission.

I have a suggestion for the next.

Punisher and Daredevil vs Captain America and Bucky

I don't think that's a fair match up. Two skilled humans (yes one of them has enhanced senses) vs two skilled superhumans.

Regardless of who wins, Danny is the most skilled here

That would implicate that Daredevil (who kicked IF's ass) is more skilled that Cap and Winter Soldier, which I highly doubt.

Where us this Elektra thrashed Luke coming from? The only time she beat him was when he was poisoned. Otherwise she couldn't do much.
And Daredevil looks more skilled and agile than Cap and Bucky imo

Like this one because even though I would agree Cap & Bucky are the favourites Luke's invulnerability makes it interesting.

The only thing they have that for sure would do damage on Luke is Cap's shield and due to it being a defensive weapon I can't see him killing Luke with but I could see him landing a knockout blow.

Bucky & Iron Fist would be a lot closer than I think people are saying if not for Bucky's passion for guns. Iron Fist vs. Metal Arm sounds interesting until you introduce bullets to the mix lol.

Overall I think Cap & Bucky just have to high a level of training, experience and teamwork to lose this one.

Like this one because even though I would agree Cap & Bucky are the favourites Luke's invulnerability makes it interesting.

The only thing they have that for sure would do damage on Luke is Cap's shield and due to it being a defensive weapon I can't see him killing Luke with but I could see him landing a knockout blow.

Bucky & Iron Fist would be a lot closer than I think people are saying if not for Bucky's passion for guns. Iron Fist vs. Metal Arm sounds interesting until you introduce bullets to the mix lol.

Overall I think Cap & Bucky just have to high a level of training, experience and teamwork to lose this one.

The teamwork is key - they managed to keep Iron Man off balance using superb teamwork, and he's got much more raw power than either of them.

Both Cap and Bucky have low-level super-strength ( Cap kicked a truck and it knocked a guy out, and threw a motorcycle through a jeep). Bucky's metal arm can bend steel easily - I think Bucky could take down Cage, or at least keep him busy while Cap *****-slapped iron fist, then the two of them would batter Cage into unconsciousness.

Give Bucky some guns and this is over real quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"