MCU Tag Team Battles: Thor, Captain Marvel, & Hulk Vs Prime Surtur & The Destroyer

BigThor

God of Thunder
Reaction score
This a fun tag team styled MCU battle thread to break up the monotony of our once a week MCU Fights. It can be 2 on 2, 2 on 2 on 1, 3 on 2, or even 3 on 1. Keep in mind this is purely for just fun and doesn't in any way effect our Power Tier. I've also recently added the new option to be able to change your votes after voting incase your change your mind.

THOR
, CAPTAIN MARVEL, & HULK

b28433c392959f923ff0d736cd89dcbd.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Vs

PRIME SURTUR & THE DESTROYER

DarlingTameButterfly-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

This is basically Thor and Carol vs Surtur Prime.

I don't think the Destroyer's a major threat to any of the three heroes. Hulk/Carol are durable enough to tank its attacks and keep it busy. Thor knows how to exploit its weaknesses and put it down permanently.

Surtur Prime is a beast. We've already seen him treat Hulk like an annoying insect and if he can one-shot Hela then he could do the same to Thor or Carol. Thor and Carol can fly though so he'll have a much harder time landing a hit on them.

Thor's lightning/axe and Carol's beams might bother him but if being impaled with skyscraper sized spikes doesn't put him down then I doubt that will. Their only chance is to use their most powerful hits on Surtur's crown to remove the source of his power but I'm not sure if it's still a video game style weakness once Surtur has the eternal flame.

Last edited:
Both Hulk and the Destroyer are mere distractions in this one.

The big unknown is just how powerful Captain Marvel is. Both she and Thor have blown up large spaceships but how would they fare against Surtur prime who shrugged off Hela's best shots ?

Not sure if Surtur could actually hit either of them but if he did, they're toast, literally. I'll go with Surtur on this one.

I give this to the heroes team.
Thor, CM and Hulk.

The Destroyer wouldn't put too much of a threat. Thor and CM would use their aerial superiority to evade Surtur powerful but relatively slow strikes and land their powerful blows on his crown until he would be taken out, because the crown is the source of his power... CM distracts Surtur with her blasts and flight ability while Thor comes in for a powerful strike with Stormbreaker on Surtur's crown.

I added The Destroyer to occupy Hulk.

I got to go with the only one who has exterminated a planet (disc world) whatever you want to call it lol.

Prime Surtur seems to be up there with Dormammu in the cosmic tier and I can't think of anyone who could defeat him in that form.

Much like how Strange had to trick Dormammu and Thor could easily best the pre eternal flame Surtur. I think these two aren't really supposed to be beaten physically they are meant to be juggernauts of the cosmos.

I think even Thor with his fancy new axe, Carol in binary mode and Hulk after stepping on a thousand lego's get taken down by the fire giant.

This is basically "Surtur vs a Bunch of People Who Can Just Barely Make Him Pay Attention To Their Existence".

Surtur in a walk. Hela couldn't even slow him down, and this is, at absolute most generous, two people as powerful as her and one definitely not. And frankly, that is being *way* generous to Carol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"