MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
SONY belongs to Columbia, and acording to here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_film_studio#Today.27s_major_studios

They're more powerful than Disney

Other way 'round. Columbia Pictures was swallowed by Sony years ago. It is now a division of the greater Sony empire.

As for the issue of which studio has more power, consider that Sony's entertainment division is so far in the red that some of its chief investors have advocated selling it off, either in whole or piecemeal. Whereas Disney is so flush with cash that it can buy major entertainment assets like Lucasfilm and Marvel with what amounts to pocket change. Disney even bought back the merchandising rights fro Spider-Man for around $250 million. The cash infusion helped Sony keep limping on, though some see bankruptcy as inevitable in a few years.

Double post. Have some "Secret" Avengers instead. :ninja:

tumblr_m46gc6KLBc1qcwmn8o1_250.png
tumblr_m46gc6KLBc1qcwmn8o2_250.png

tumblr_m46gc6KLBc1qcwmn8o3_250.png
tumblr_m46gc6KLBc1qcwmn8o4_250.png

tumblr_m46gc6KLBc1qcwmn8o5_250.png
tumblr_m46gc6KLBc1qcwmn8o6_250.png

Last edited:
If the rumors regarding Robert Redford's character in CA:TWS are true (and I am in the minority in thinking that it's not true) I am curious how this affects Agents of Shield.

If the rumors regarding Robert Redford's character in CA:TWS are true (and I am in the minority in thinking that it's not true) I am curious how this affects Agents of Shield.
What rumors?

What rumors?

That he's really Aleksander Lukin and that Hydra has infiltrated SHIELD. That would cause Fury, Cap and Widow to go underground. Don't know what would happen to Falcon or Maria Hill in that case.

I have my doubts that the rumors are true though.

Last edited:
That he's really Aleksander Lukin and that Hydra has infiltrated SHIELD. That would cause Fury, Cap and Widow to go underground. Don't know what would happen to Falcon or Maria Hill in that case.

The actor spoiled that in an interview didn't he?

most of that has been confirmed by Redford himself

explain?

If Hydra infiltrates Shield and for some reason many of the familiar faces who work for Shield such as Fury and Maria Hill are let go, it dramatically changes the show, since Hill knows that Coulson is still alive (thanks to the pilot) and Fury gave him Lola and allowed Coulson to set up his team. If Coulson knows that HYDRA infiltrates SHIELD, he wouldn't work for them.

It's a lousy explanation though.

Last edited:
The actor spoiled that in an interview didn't he?

most of that has been confirmed by Redford himself

I know that he explained it, but it could be:

He's an authority figure who's philosophies on how to run SHIELD differ than Fury's or even The Avengers. So he decides to replace Fury with Maria Hill. It may just be a case of a clash in philosophies.

Hey I am just saying all this so that there won't be an IM 3 letdown if the rumors of his character aren't true. Just in case.

Last edited:
I think one of the issues about whether or not to put Monica Rambeau in MCU is what to call her. Either she goes by Monica Rambeau only or goes by her real name plus one of the 12 aliases she's known for.

I think they'll keep it simple and have her just be Monica Rambeau.

She's called "Spectrum" now. I like her new outfit as well.

She won't be in it anyways.

If the MCU decides to go to the streets with Heroes for Hire, Misty Knight will be the only connection between the Street Marvel and the Avengers. The connection will be very loose, but there will be a connection. It will either be her bionic arm made of Vibranium or she mentions that Tony Stark built this arm for her.

Spectrum? What a terrible name. What was wrong with Photon? That was a better name. When I hear Spectrum, I think of that primitive early 80s computer, the "ZX Spectrum" with only 16kb Ram that came out in the UK.

They could always call Rambeau "First Blood" :woot:

They should Monica Captain Marvel, which was her original code name. I'd love to see the online fallout from that.

Is Monica even going to be in MCU? If she ever appears in MCU, it'll be long after the current lineup of Avengers actors (RDJ, Evans, Hemsworth, ScarJo, Ruffalo and Renner) are long gone and have moved on to different film roles.

I think Misty Knight is more likely at this point that Ms. Rambeau

How is Photon any better than Spectrum, Spectrum sounds much better to me.

How is Photon any better than Spectrum, Spectrum sounds much better to me.

There was already a Dr. Spectrum. Marvel's lame-ass writers should stop changing Monica's name every five minutes.

Wasn't she also Pulsar at one point?

Captain Marvel was the most unsuitable name though.

Dr Spectrum was part of the Squadron Sinister/ Squadron Supreme. Wouldn't it be funny if Marvel got a Squadron Supreme movie out before the Justice League? :hehe:

Her names:

Captain Marvel
Photon
Pulsar
Sceptre
Lieutenant Rambeau
Sceptra
Sun Goddess
Lady-of-Light
Daystar
Radiant One
Golden Avenger
Spectrum

Yeah, given that list of "steller" choices, I'd go with Spectrum too. Lady of light, that sounds like a Yugioh character for goodness sake.

I'm just glad she has a code name, new costume and in a book again.

Ok, having just seen the Agents of SHIELD Pilot, I think I'm going to really like this show. Also, those Redford rumors seem pretty credible to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"