MCU Thor Respect Thread (Spoilers!!!)

- Stormbreaker plus Thor's Strength & Lightning: Able to overpower a beam of all 6 Infinity Stones being used by a fully powered Infinity Gauntlet at once.
The mother of all feats

Yes indeed, I hope he stays that way in all Post-Infinity War appearances.

Dear Russo brothers, please don't water him down in A4

It seems like this is their version of Thor so I definitely don’t expect to see him weaker. I think there would only be a question if someone outside of the Russos or Waititi came in to do a future Thor, but then I’d be surprised if they’d choose to go that way after how awesome he has been in his last 2 appearances.

It seems like this is their version of Thor so I definitely don’t expect to see him weaker. I think there would only be a question if someone outside of the Russos or Waititi came in to do a future Thor, but then I’d be surprised if they’d choose to go that way after how awesome he has been in his last 2 appearances.

Well see they've won me over with Infinity War, naw all I need is some fleshed out Doctor Strange and Iron Man level fight fights and I'll be good to go.

I still want to see some more lightning punches andlarge scale wather maipulation (storms, tornados, blizzards, or even hurricanes).

Last edited:
Can you make the top gif shorter and wider so it can be rectangle shaped like the rest of the gifs we've been using.

I would love to but I am not well versed in altering such files.

Well see they've won me over with Infinity War, naw all I need it some fleshed out Doctor Strange and Iron Man level fight fights and I'll be good to go.

I still want to see some more lightning punches andlarge scale wather maipulation (storms, tornados, blizzards, or even hurricanes).

That's a good point. Thor had one of the single best shots of the MCU in my opinion when he [BLACKOUT]arrived in Wakanda and then slammed Stonebreaker into the ground[/BLACKOUT]. But he could do with an extended fight where he could show off of all different attacks and abilities like Dr Strange and Iron Man got.

Actually I'd like to see that from all the power players including Cap Marvel, Scarlet Witch, Hulk etc. It doesn't matter if it's a team up rather than a 1 on 1 if there isn't time but as long as they get extended scenes of continually using and switching up their strongest powers. That Strange and Iron Man sequence was just awesome.

That's a good point. Thor had one of the single best shots of the MCU in my opinion when he [BLACKOUT]arrived in Wakanda and then slammed Stonebreaker into the ground[/BLACKOUT]. But he could do with an extended fight where he could show off of all different attacks and abilities like Dr Strange and Iron Man got.

Actually I'd like to see that from all the power players including Cap Marvel, Scarlet Witch, Hulk etc. It doesn't matter if it's a team up rather than a 1 on 1 if there isn't time but as long as they get extended scenes of continually using and switching up their strongest powers. That Strange and Iron Man sequence was just awesome.

Iron Man and Strange got one on ones so I want my boy Thor to get a badass well choregraphed one on one himself.

Iron Man and Strange got one on ones so I want my boy Thor to get a badass well choregraphed one on one himself.

If there's time for one on ones in the finale then he is probably the most likely candidate alongside Cap Marvel to get one. I guess Hulk also deserves something but I don't expect that to be a one on one.

If there's time for one on ones in the finale then he is probably the most likely candidate alongside Cap Marvel to get one. I guess Hulk also deserves something but I don't expect that to be a one on one.

I'd rather he have his one on one in a separate scene, perhaps in the middle of the film before the finale I don't want any interruptions.

Captain Marvel can wait, Thor and Thanos both have earlier grievances to avenge.

I'd rather he have his one on one in a separate scene, perhaps in the middle of the film before the finale I don't want any interruptions.

Captain Marvel can wait, Thor and Thanos both have earlier grievances to avenge.

I'd love to see that at a similar length to what Strange and Iron Man got. But I think Thor with Stormbreaker might be involved in the killing blow or at least gauntlet-destroying blow at the finale. The problem with a mid-film scene might be Thor now much more highly powered and understanding how Thanos operates letting him get away. But I don't care too much about that lol, any reason to see him wreck shop with Thanos for 10 minutes would be crazy. :woot:

I'd love to see that at a similar length to what Strange and Iron Man got. But I think Thor with Stormbreaker might be involved in the killing blow or at least gauntlet-destroying blow at the finale. The problem with a mid-film scene might be Thor now much more highly powered and understanding how Thanos operates letting him get away. But I don't care too much about that lol, any reason to see him wreck shop with Thanos for 10 minutes would be crazy. :woot:

Exactly :up:

tumblr_p87tvyf0dF1snteogo2_500.gif

tumblr_p87tvyf0dF1snteogo1_500.gif

Last edited:
Well, it will all be cool until Captain Marvel shows up. With all the girl power stuff going around, all female characters must be Rambo from the 80's. She will somehow beat up everybody. I hope they don't go that route, it will be demeaning to current characters and no matter how much they wan't to push her as mainstream Marvel, she is not. It will be kind of stupid.

I've been a Thor fan since the Lee/Kirby days when he and the Warriors Three used to sail the universe in a freaking longship. Ego was originally a Thor villain and he fought Galactus, Mangog, Hercules and so many other powerful opponents on a monthly basis. His book was always the wildest fantasy of all of Marvel's offerings besides Doctor Strange.

Marvel cast the perfect Thor in Chris Hemsworth, but it took a while for them to work out the best way to showcase Chris' talents and Thor's powers. When they brought Taika Waititi on board and finally embraced the cosmic aspects of Thor's comic book history, we got to see the character we love on screen in all his glory. It is so great to see the movies display Thor's powers in such epic ways, after several appearances in which he was held back far too much. To paraphrase Cap from The Avengers, Thor has the lightning so he should light the bastards up. Watching him clear the battlefield with his powers or summon the Bifrost is such a joy. He should have been capable of that from the start but better late than never.

We can only hope to see Thor develop further in Thor 4, Feige willing. He is just too perfect now for Marvel to abandon him.

I've been a Thor fan since the Lee/Kirby days when he and the Warriors Three used to sail the universe in a freaking longship. Ego was originally a Thor villain and he fought Galactus, Mangog, Hercules and so many other powerful opponents on a monthly basis. His book was always the wildest fantasy of all of Marvel's offerings besides Doctor Strange.

Marvel cast the perfect Thor in Chris Hemsworth, but it took a while for them to work out the best way to showcase Chris' talents and Thor's powers. When they brought Taika Waititi on board and finally embraced the cosmic aspects of Thor's comic book history, we got to see the character we love on screen in all his glory. It is so great to see the movies display Thor's powers in such epic ways, after several appearances in which he was held back far too much. To paraphrase Cap from The Avengers, Thor has the lightning so he should light the bastards up. Watching him clear the battlefield with his powers or summon the Bifrost is such a joy. He should have been capable of that from the start but better late than never.

We can only hope to see Thor develop further in Thor 4, Feige willing. He is just too perfect now for Marvel to abandon him.
Totally agreed with everything here. He is certainly lighting bastards up now, a few hundred at a time. ;) Thor is finally getting his due and it would be sad to lose him right then. Imagine where the MCU would be if we'd got this Thor out of the gate?! Please keep giving us Thor films! He has the most individual material that I want to see of any of the original characters.

CA is still my favorite hero but after the last two films in which he's appeared, Thor is now solidly #2 but definitely pushing for that top spot.

CA is still my favorite hero but after the last two films in which he's appeared, Thor is now solidly #2 but definitely pushing for that top spot.

We finally have a great big 3. Iron Man was perfect right off the bat. The Russos perfected Cap for me and now Thor (after Taika made major positive changes first).

Infinity War Thor was Thor getting back to actually being god like.
It's easy to forget how powerful he is because he's either around other Gods, or creatures that can match him.

Seeing him around "mere mortals" on the battle field and the Guardians. Swinging around Rocket in his pod ship.

It was great seeing him play up to his status.

Lord of Thunder
Ally of Nature (Tree and Sweet Rabbit)
And most of all, Strongest Avenger

I finally have to admit it, The Russos may have visualized Thor's lightning better than Taiki which was my favorite up until this point. Look how powerful those lightning bolts look emanating from Thor, in the words of Star Lord "Jesus Christ!".

My only wish is that we got to see more of Thor's lightning in IW, but I'm sure A4 will be heavy on the lightning since Thor didn't really get to fight much in this film.

Same here, Thor deserves atleast one more film now that he's at the zenith of his Hemworth's talents, Marvel's writing of the character, and Thor's powers (Thor 4 baby).

So far Thor is the only Avengers that hasn't appeared in any solo heroes films and that should change now, how about Doctor Strange 2 or GOTG 3?

Last edited:
Bring Me more Thor!!!!! I really hopes he sticks around because Ragnarok and IW have made the character a lot more popular. Ragnarok did for him what Winter Soldier did for Cap, wouldn't mind if he became a Guardian of the Galaxy because they'll need a powerhouse to fight the incoming Adam if he is as powerful as he is in the comics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"