Media response to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann excessive?

Just give them a lie detector test, and let it be over with.

Sky news seems to be showing less coverage than before.

Are they finally realizing you can't keep a story a headline if nothing new has developed?

Yes folks, it's here. This year's new-line Renault! The best family car on the block with more boot space than ever -- the Renault MaCann.

Sorry, I don't normally go for those kinda jokes.

Wha?? You don't live in their town, do you? That would be really annoying, the amount of blind support people would be giving them.

Wha?? You don't live in their town, do you? That would be really annoying, the amount of blind support people would be giving them.

If I were to take a car down to where they lived, it'd probably take forty or so minutes to get there.

It's not too bad, surprisingly. Sure, you have Madeleine's face on almost every shop...but I don't mind that. It's just the support they give to the parents, without even considering they were part of it.

A few friends have mentioned visiting the area in a college break during the day. I wouldn't mind paying my respects to Madeleine, but certainly not the family.

So Richard Bransom has given the McCanns £100, 000 for their legal bills, and some government guy has decided to be their public spokesman.

Which is insane.

The public, especially guys like Branson, should be taking more of a neutral stance until this is sorted out in the courts. IF it ever actually goes to court. I don't think it will, because I think the people of Portugal don't want the trouble of putting the McCanns on trial. Britain would probably declare war or something :whatever:

boy all those british celebs ( JK Rowling, Branson ect) are really going to look stupid when it turns out that they possibly were involved.

Yeah. And the thing that just floors me is that the only reason they've got so much attention and support is because they're this rich white family. If this were some working class family on holiday who lost their kid, it would have been in the media for like a week, and then forgotten about. The McCanns could afford to get spokes people, and rally the media around like a circus. And they managed to get celebrities on board. Whens the last time celebrities had anything to do with finding a missing child??

Yeah I get what you were saying, I think I remember hearing in the begining of this whole saga about a family who went on holiday a few years ago and their child went missing and they were pretty upset that ,they were not recieving the same treatment as the Mcanns. Anyway Ive stopped watching bbc news and skynews cause i was getting sick of the exessive coverage of this whole situation. I mean really what the hell is the pope ganna do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"