Dark of the Moon Megan Fox WON'T be in TF3

The sad this is that Huntington-Whitley was pretty good, but yeah, she is the epitome of a plot contrivance. There's no depth to her character and she quickly becomes a tired "damsel in distress" cliche that it's ridiculous. Say what you will about Megan Fox, but Mikaela was a good character when you consider than they never played her the way they play Carly in this new film. Mikaela was always part of the action, and could handle herself in need be. She took charge when sh** was going crazy, even without the benefit of Sam being around. They never treated her like someone Sam actively had to rescue, like they did in Dark of the Moon.

100% AGREE. Mikaela was never the "damsel in distress". Carly's screaming did get on my nerves and the never played Mikaela that way. She was the badass, who could fix a car, drive like a boss and a assortment of other things.

"I'll drive, you shoot!" Still one of my favorite moments from the first Movie.

Plot device or not, you have to admit, though, the way Carly actually stood up to Megatron, face to face, and called him "Sentinel's b*tch" took balls! Not even Mikaela did anything that gutsy! :wow:

Plot device or not, you have to admit, though, the way Carly actually stood up to Megatron, face to face, and called him "Sentinel's b*tch" took balls! Not even Mikaela did anything that gutsy! :wow:

No, Mikaela obviously had an iotta of rationality.

Which isn't really all that impressive, as Mikaela would have probably gotten than line, hadn't Megan pissed of Bay.

Which isn't really all that impressive, as Mikaela would have probably gotten than line, hadn't Megan pissed of Bay.

You could say that about any aspect of her character, and frankly I do not think that's really fair seeing as in the canon, that is part of Carly's character and not Mikela's. You might as well dismiss her entire character as being Mikela with a new actress if you're going to head down that route.

The Megatron line would've had more impact coming from Mikaela as she's had more history with Megatron. Seemed to me when she was saying it that Carly wouldn't have known Megatron enough to be saying these things. Mikaela would've known that talk would've pushed his buttons.

What I want to know is why the hell Sam still had Mikaela's dog.

What I want to know is why the hell Sam still had Mikaela's dog.

I guess Sam got the dog and the kids(mini-autobots) in the divorce. Lol.

In all seriousness, I thought that was her dog from her father's shop but I couldn't remember if it was.

umm, I dont recall Mikaela ever having a dog in the first 2 films.
From the garage in the second film. It's really Michael Bay's dog in real life, so I'm guessing that's why he was in the third movie as well.

Yep . The problem with Carly's character is they only half assed a character rewrite . It would have made a lot more sense to just recast the role than a add a romance and a character with no depth .. The whole marriage thing was a terrible idea to keep in the film giving it clearly was written for another character

Carly was really gutsy! :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"