Revenge of the Fallen 5 Reasons Why Transformers ROTF Will Suck + 5 Reasons Why It Won't

it's actually because of bay that it does as well as it does

(ahem GI JOE)
nah, the appeal of giant transforming robots was always greater than soldeirs and terrorists shooting at each other with high tech weaponry.

As long as the visual and sound effects were impressive Transformers was always a sure fire hit.

And Klaus Scherwinski's also a good painter.
Megatron.jpg
Now there's an iconic, memorable Megatron unlike the insectiod bionicle bayformer version. He looks like a nazi soldier with a giant bazooka mounted on his arm. Classic.

Sorry. I just discovered Gundam first series aired in '79, so before TFs first appearence on TV.

Indeed -- yet another fan design that looks a LOT better than what we're getting in the movie.

luca_frontino said:
Sorry. I just discovered Gundam first series aired in '79, so before TFs first appearence on TV.

True, but the 1979 Gundam robots were more simple in design than Transformers. The complicated transforming Gundams didn't come along until 1985, after Transformers. :cwink:

Nothing wrong with looking like Gundam. Beats the hell out of bionicle-crumpled-foil-bots.

Bayformers are ugly as hell.

G1 can be worked out to look less boxy and more detailed:
transformers03b.jpg

And this is just a drawing.
I bet in ILM's CGI it would be wonderful.

It's just a matter of work. With more details and darker textures, every G1 can look cool.
This is just an example of how much better G1 can look vs the animated series:
RevCover1-4.jpg

Here's another one. Remember that I'm not saying this should be the final designs. You should take them as concept art.
infiltration_cover500.jpg

And Klaus Scherwinski's also a good painter.
Megatron.jpg

Still box designs.

"Bayformers" works perfectly, imo. I have no problem with it.

:oldrazz:

nah, the appeal of giant transforming robots was always greater than soldeirs and terrorists shooting at each other with high tech weaponry.

As long as the visual and sound effects were impressive Transformers was always a sure fire hit.

tell that to Terminator
it will be out done but GI joe

as for TF having more appeal then "real america soldiers"
I don't know about you but I played with GI Joes when i was young, not so much TF

Here's another one. Remember that I'm not saying this should be the final designs. You should take them as concept art.
infiltration_cover500.jpg

I hate to sound like a "hater," but it's just so damn dated, lame, non real world functional, and obviously designed to draw easier

and awesome only form a old school western perspective

I'll see your lame imagery and raise you 4 awesome (incoherent) pictures

Picture30.png

transformers.jpg

bonecrusher-rahhhh.jpg

transformers-2-poster-optimus-prime.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"