• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mel Gibsons Love Child

Avangarde

Avan a Good Time
Reaction score
Mel Gibson will be served with legal papers this week asking him to admit he is the father of a 29-year-old woman resulting from a one-night stand in the back of a car in Australia in 1976.
A report in the News of the World says Gibson, 50, will be required to undergo a DNA test if he denies paternity of Carmel Sloane.
The tabloid newspaper did not say where Carmel is from.

"I'd love it if he recognised us as family," said Carmel, a painter who has a 10-year-old son.

[/IMG][/URL][/I]"I'm not looking for a meal ticket, I'm happy with my life.
"I just want to meet the man I've always known was my dad and for him to get to know his grandson.
"I have grown up being told Mel Gibson is my father. I've been told it for 20 years.
"I would like some kind of closure either way. I don't want it to go on for another 20 years."
Gibson, who has recently been the subject of controversy for anti-Semitic remarks he made during a drunken arrest in the US, is the father of seven children with his wife Robyn.
Carmel's mother Marilyn said she met Gibson in Adelaide in 1976 when he picked her up while she was hitch-hiking to Sydney.
She said Gibson promised to drive her there, but first ducked back to his house and came back to the car with a mattress and pillows and put them in the back of his station wagon.
"We got on really well. He was charming and funny. He said he was going to be a famous movie star," Marilyn said.
"He said he was going to change his name, but I told him not to. I said Mel Gibson was a really nice name and it suited him.
"When we stopped for the night, Mel got in the back on the mattress but I stayed in the front.
"Eventually he persuaded me to join him in the back. I told him 'if anything happens and I get pregnant I'll come looking for you'. He replied 'I'm going to be famous, you'll always know where to find me'.
"We spent the night making love and talking, but when it got light Mel said he had to be back at work at an orange juice factory in Adelaide.
"I got out of the car and never saw him again. It broke my heart to walk away."
Marilyn gave birth to Carmel in January 1977, but did not think of Gibson again for eight years until she saw him in a poster for Mad Max 3.
She then started keeping a scrapbook of the movie star that she intended to give to her daughter later in life.
"I would never have told Carmel who her father was but my mother blurted it out one day," Marilyn said.
She said she twice tried to contact Gibson when he was back in Australia, but failed to speak to him and is now hoping the legal avenue will bear fruit.
Carmel said while she would like to meet Gibson she "wouldn't expect to be part of his life".
"I'm not looking for a piece of the pie or that lifestyle."
The News of the World said it put the claims to Gibson's representatives, but they failed to respond.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=172691

Good old Mel :up:

0108_melgibson_a.jpg

She's only after the money. I'm betting the whole story is a lie. How many of these things have been and how many have been genuine?

Yeah there's a very good chance of that, why wait 20 years to then tell everyone you are the daughter of Mel Gibson, sounds fishy.

"I'd love it if he recognised us as family,"

Seriously?:huh:

Why would you want a relationship with a jew hating alchohalic who completely abandoned you and your family:huh:

Not in it for the money my ass.

Still, probably fake.

I wonder, if I were to bet on it, what the odds of it being real are.

Every time I think of Mel I think of that episode of South Park. BEST. EVER.

Hmm, if its a lie, then she is going about it the wrong way. She filed court papers and anyone with half a brain knows a court will just say "take a DNA test." So what does she have to gain from lying like that?

Thats a good point- becasue no publicity is bad publicity? He could refuse to take the test but media pressure makes it more likely.

Kyalesyin said:
Thats a good point- becasue no publicity is bad publicity? He could refuse to take the test but media pressure makes it more likely.

I suppose, but the entire "No publicity is bad publicity" thing is a load. With recent events, Mel can affirm that. And if he refuses, well...why would he unless she is geniunely his? And you don't exactly refuse a court order. It would be standard practice to just give a DNA test and figure it out. So this leads me to believe one of three things...

1) Mel Gibson is her father
2) Her mother lied to her and she believes it.
3) A group who is out to slander Mel (possibily a Jewish activist group) put her up to it.

Matt said:
I suppose, but the entire "No publicity is bad publicity" thing is a load. With recent events, Mel can affirm that. And if he refuses, well...why would he unless she is geniunely his? And you don't exactly refuse a court order. It would be standard practice to just give a DNA test and figure it out. So this leads me to believe one of three things...

1) Mel Gibson is her father
2) Her mother lied to her and she believes it.
3) A group who is out to slander Mel (possibily a Jewish activist group) put her up to it.

Now thats a thought.

Kyalesyin said:
Now thats a thought.

Its a possibility, but I think it is unlikely. I mean, it is really a stupid way to go about it. Mel takes a DNA test, it says shes not your kid, we move on.

Matt said:
Its a possibility, but I think it is unlikely. I mean, it is really a stupid way to go about it. Mel takes a DNA test, it says shes not your kid, we move on.

Thing is, now that its all over the media, can it be guarenteed that a lab that tests it will be 100% honest?

whats there to lose? look at the bright side, he does'nt have to pay child support.

Kyalesyin said:
Thing is, now that its all over the media, can it be guarenteed that a lab that tests it will be 100% honest?

I'd say considering how high profile it is, it would be harder to tamper with it.

Hades said:
Why would you want a relationship with a jew hating alchohalic who completely abandoned you and your family:huh:

Because despite being an anti-Semitic alcoholic, he makes one hell of a movie.

GoldenAgeHero said:
whats there to lose? look at the bright side, he does'nt have to pay child support.

actually, if it is his, he will have to give 18 years of back child support.

Matt said:

Considering how much he's worth, thats not a whole lot.

Kyalesyin said:
Considering how much he's worth, thats not a whole lot.

Being as child support is based on the wage of the parent, it could add up to quite a bit.

Matt said:
Being as child support is based on the wage of the parent, it could add up to quite a bit.

Now it makes more sense.

Kyalesyin said:
Now it makes more sense.

Well keep in mind, I'm not sure if the back support would be based on current wages or the wages from 1977 - 1995.

But still, to write this off as an attempt for money is stupid as a DNA test is so simple to prove whether or not she is lying. And if she is his kid, you guys can call her greedy till the cows come home, but I'm sure you'd want your fair share too.

Matt said:

not really.
first mel never knew. secondly the mom waited 28 years to tell the daughter so i doubt there was much financial need there. and secondly she never filed for child support anyways.

it really depends on the australian court system.

hippie_hunter said:
Because despite being an anti-Semitic alcoholic, he makes one hell of a movie.

Meh, the only movie he directed that I like is Braveheart. The other two have been glorified snuff films.

Matt said:
Well keep in mind, I'm not sure if the back support would be based on current wages or the wages from 1977 - 1995.

But still, to write this off as an attempt for money is stupid as a DNA test is so simple to prove whether or not she is lying. And if she is his kid, you guys can call her greedy till the cows come home, but I'm sure you'd want your fair share too.

not really, look at tori spelling her dad left her nothing.

GoldenAgeHero said:
not really.
first mel never knew. secondly the mom waited 28 years to tell the daughter so i doubt there was much financial need there. and secondly she never filed for child support anyways.

it really depends on the australian court system.

It doesn't come down to financial need, it comes down to whether or not he paid. There have been numerous precedents where parents have been forced to pay back support after the child has passed 18.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"