Metroid Prime 3 Fully Playable at E3

Yes to the first, I'm sure one of you probably mentioned Oblivion at some point.

im not impressed by the footage of MP3, it looks like MP2. i know itll get alot better before it's released

Phaser said:
After all, you blokes have been waiting for Twilight Princess for nearly two years now since it was announced. Don't get your hopes up.

We've been waiting for TP a little more than a year now. If Metroid Prime 3 is playable at E3, it's pretty likely to be out at or around the Revolution launch.

I hope we get some SSBR news. That and Red Steel are the only games I really want at launch (I'll probabl end up getting more).

Spidey-Bat said:
We've been waiting for TP a little more than a year now.

Newsflash, junior. The "new Zelda" was unveiled at E3 2004. And unless you're having trouble with kindgergarten math, figuring out how long you've been waiting for the game now shouldn't be too hard.

If Metroid Prime 3 is playable at E3, it's pretty likely to be out at or around the Revolution launch.

Nintendo didn't have Mario nor Zelda until months after the GC's launch. You can say that they could've been working on both games all this time now, but considering Nintendo's biggest titles have been known to take their own sweet time in development, I wouldn't bet on Metroid Prime 3 making the Rev's launch. In fact, I'm pretty much certain that at least one of the Rev's heavy-hitting trinity won't be there to go home with you and your shiny new Nintendo console.

Phaser said:
Newsflash, junior. The "new Zelda" was unveiled at E3 2004. And unless you're having trouble with kindgergarten math, figuring out how long you've been waiting for the game now shouldn't be too hard.
My mistake, I thought it was later in 2004 it was announced. There is no need to be a prick about it.

Nintendo didn't have Mario nor Zelda until months after the GC's launch. You can say that they could've been working on both games all this time now, but considering Nintendo's biggest titles have been known to take their own sweet time in development, I wouldn't bet on Metroid Prime 3 making the Rev's launch. In fact, I'm pretty much certain that at least one of the Rev's heavy-hitting trinity won't be there to go home with you and your shiny new Nintendo console.

I probably won't be able to convince you that MP3 could be out for launch. I'm sure there will be some confirmation as to it's release at E3. In the mean time, I suggest you stop being a prick and accept the fact that the Revolution may have a solid launch despite how much you hate Nintendo.

Spidey-Bat said:
My mistake, I thought it was later in 2004 it was announced. There is no need to be a prick about it.

Well if you're to correct me on the basis of nothing but your own ignorance, that just about throws away every justification for me to not be prick to you. Next time, try actually knowing what you're talking about before jumping on someone who slaps you down for it.

In the mean time, I suggest you stop being a prick and accept the fact that the Revolution may have a solid launch despite how much you hate Nintendo.

God isn't there anything remotely negative a man can say on this forum without being plastered with senseless labels of "hater" and "fanboy" by chock full of baboons ready to pounce on the least bit of constructive criticism or reasonable skepticism? :rolleyes:

Phaser said:
Well if you're to correct me on the basis of nothing but your own ignorance, that just about throws away every justification for me to not be prick to you. Next time, try actually knowing what you're talking about before jumping on someone who slaps you down for it.

I wasn't correcting you. I admitted I was wrong and all I said was you were being a prick about correcting me.

God isn't there anything remotely negative a man can say on this forum without being plastered with senseless labels of "hater" and "fanboy" by chock full of baboons ready to pounce on the least bit of constructive criticism or reasonable skepticism? :rolleyes:

You can post w/o being labeled a hater or fanboy. Judging by your posts, you don't seem to attempt to not come off as a hater.

Phaser said:

You are acting rather condecending. How can you say "shiny new nintendo" and not sound like a prick? Does it really make you sound cool when you correct someone by being a year off an E3 debut?

Spidey-Bat said:
I wasn't correcting you.

Then why'd you quote my post and say that you've been "waiting for TP a little more than a year now"? If that wassn't a blatant (albeit uninformed) attempt at correcting me (you know, trying to prove that I was wrong about my "two years" assertion), then I don't know what is.

I admitted I was wrong and all I said was you were being a prick about correcting me.

Actually, you admitted you were wrong after me being a prick to you for trying to "correct" me.

You can post w/o being labeled a hater or fanboy. Judging by your posts, you don't seem to attempt to not come off as a hater.

Posts such as...? I don't recall knocking on Nintendo saying the company, their consoles or their games "suck" or anything. If going against the hopes of you Nintendophiles by taking things with a healthy and reasonable dose of skepticism based on past experiences is the equivalent of being a "hater" in your eyes, then it goes without saying that you need to develop a thicker skin (and a more capable brain while you're at it).

jaydawg said:
You are acting rather condecending.

Always did. Your point?

How can you say "shiny new nintendo" and not sound like a prick?

What exactly was so offensive about it? As if calling a Nintendo machine a "Nintendo" has suddenly become a kind of incomprehensible insult or something?

Does it really make you sound cool when you correct someone by being a year off an E3 debut?

Please, it was him who was trying to correct me. Do try to keep up.

Phaser said:
Then why'd you quote my post and say that you've been "waiting for TP a little more than a year now"? If that wassn't a blatant (albeit uninformed) attempt at correcting me (you know, trying to prove that I was wrong about my "two years" assertion), then I don't know what is.

I may have correct you, but I never insulted you in doing so.

Actually, you admitted you were wrong after me being a prick to you for trying to "correct" me.

Spidey-Bat said:

I say it was my mistake, admitting I was wrong. Then I call you a prick for your way of correcting me.

Let's look how at how I corrected you.

Spidey-Bat said:
We've been waiting for TP a little more than a year now.

Now here's how you did it:

Phaser said:

Notice the differences?

Posts such as...? I don't recall knocking on Nintendo saying the company, their consoles or their games "suck" or anything. If going against the hopes of you Nintendophiles by taking things with a healthy and reasonable dose of skepticism based on past experiences is the equivalent of being a "hater" in your eyes, then it goes without saying that you need to develop a thicker skin (and a more capable brain while you're at it).

Phaser said:

That whole post comes off as you portraying Nintendo in a negative light.

Always did. Your point?

That seems to go against your desire to not be labeled a "hater".

What exactly was so offensive about it? As if calling a Nintendo machine a "Nintendo" has suddenly become a kind of incomprehensible insult or something?

It comes off as very sarcastic.

Phaser said:
Please, it was him who was trying to correct me. Do try to keep up.

I NEVER insulted your intelligence by doing so. I assumed you were one of many Nintendo haters by exaggerating the wait time for TP.

Spidey-Bat said:
I may have correct you, but I never insulted you in doing so. I say it was my mistake, admitting I was wrong. Then I call you a prick for your way of correcting me.

Let's look how at how I corrected you.

Now here's how you did it:

Notice the differences?

So I get a little annoyed and condescending when someone "tries to correct" me using wrong info. Anything criminally inhuman about that? Besides, I did acknowledge being a prick to you. So what exactly is your problem now, skippy?

That whole post comes off as you portraying Nintendo in a negative light.

In what way exactly? I was highlighting the fact that Nintendo's biggest titles have been subject to delays and long, extended development cycles which is why I woudn't bet on Metroid Prime 3 (or at least ONE big-name first party title) making it to the launch window. How the **** does that equal "portraying Nintendo in a negative light", will someone please explain to me?

That seems to go against your desire to not be labeled a "hater".

And since when is "condescending" a synonym for "hater"?

It comes off as very sarcastic.

But not insulting. So why take offense? Are you really that sensitive?

I NEVER insulted your intelligence by doing so. I assumed you were one of many Nintendo haters by exaggerating the wait time for TP.

Am I responsible for your own ignorance about TP's announcement date?

Am I responsible for half-witted asusmptions you cooked up on your own about me?

Heh, as if the answers to both questions isn't painfully obvious already...:rolleyes:

Phaser said:
So I get a little annoyed and condescending when someone "tries to correct" me using wrong info. Anything criminally inhuman about that? Besides, I did acknowledge being a prick to you. So what exactly is your problem now, skippy?

A little? You were practically flaming me. My problem is you're still acting like a prick.

In what way exactly? I was highlighting the fact that Nintendo's biggest titles have been subject to delays and long, extended development cycles which is why I woudn't bet on Metroid Prime 3 (or at least ONE big-name first party title) making it to the launch window. How the **** does that equal "portraying Nintendo in a negative light", will someone please explain to me?

It's not just what you said, but how you said it.

And since when is "condescending" a synonym for "hater"?

As I said, it was also how you send it, not just what you said. And being condescending doesn't help get rid of the label.

But not insulting. So why take offense? Are you really that sensitive?

I didn't find it very polite, especially since you insulted me when I made a mistake.

Am I responsible for your own ignorance about TP's announcement date?

No, but you're responsible for your prickish approach as to me correcting you. Your choice of words could have been better. "misinformed" is a better choice than "ignorant". But I guess me correcting you got you REALLY heated.

Am I responsible for half-witted asusmptions you cooked up on your own about me?

Yes, you are. I've read your prior posts, they're not exactly the most innocent and neutral.

Heh, as if the answers to both questions isn't painfully obvious already...:rolleyes:

You really don't know when to stop do you?

Spidey-Bat said:
A little? You were practically flaming me. My problem is you're still acting like a prick.

And you can't do a damn thing about it. What will you do now? Cry me a river?

It's not just what you said, but how you said it.

OK, so how did I say it?

Since this is the internet and my words are exactly what they are - just words with no tone whatsoever, chalking it up to "how" I said it ( :rolleyes: ) is nothing short of downright ridiculous.

As I said, it was also how you send it, not just what you said.

Then please by all means, elaborate, not that you actually can, but still, it's nice to see you stumble around by implying something you can't actually prove. Face it junior - all you have is words and there's nothing there that substantiate your baseless claim of me being a "Nintendo hater".

And being condescending doesn't help get rid of the label.

Condescending here means I'm being a prick to you, not Nintendo. If you can't even figure out how exactly does me being condescending has absolutely nothing to do with you labelling me as a "hater" in any grammatical or logical sense, then it's clearly obvious that words are hazardous things you shouldn't be playing with.

I didn't find it very polite, especially since you insulted me when I made a mistake.

I was being condescending then, yes (when I called you "junior" and will continue to calling you that until you figure the basic ins and outs of the English language). And the whole "kindergarten math" part was preceded with an "if" which means that you would only find that "insulting" when you actually self-categorize yourself as being inept at it, in the case of which, the accusation of "insulting" will be thrown out the window for I will be proven right and you will be proven incompetent by your own admission.

So...unless you truthfully acknowledge having trouble with kindergarten math, there is nothing to take offense to aside from my supercilious exercise in sarcasm.

No, but you're responsible for your prickish approach as to me correcting you. Your choice of words could have been better. "misinformed" is a better choice than "ignorant".

And I already manned up to it a couple of posts ago and I'll reiterate for you just in case - yes, I am a condescending prick and I don't need to be "polite" to you.

But I guess me correcting you got you REALLY heated.

Annoyed, actually.

Yes, you are. I've read your prior posts, they're not exactly the most innocent and neutral.

Yes, because I don't suck up each and every bone Nintendo throws my way just because they are "Nintendo". :rolleyes:

And I dare you to find one, SINGLE instance of Nintendo-bashing or Nintendo-hating by me in my entire time on this board. Yes, I don't have the hots for some of their games like many Nintendophiles do and I don't exactly agree with the direction they've taken with the Rev, but I've occasionally defended Nintendo against overzealous PS2 fanboys (dark_charlie immediately comes to mind), maintain that the GC controller has the most ergonomic design out of all three previous gen console controllers (which led to an argument with Riz, if I remember correctly), and sincerely appreciate the Eternal Darkness and the Metroid Prime games (have spoken in favor of MP in
response to negative comments by hardline Halo-junkies on this board).

But hey, since the slightest bit of criticism levelled at your favorite developer automatically equates "hating" and "bashing", you're welcome to shed Nintendo from my seemingly harsh words with that amusingly thin hide of yours.

You really don't know when to stop do you?

I guess it's only a matter of time until I get the message sufficiently gets across, and God only just knows how long will that take...

Without reading, I can already tell who's winning this argument.

Phaser said:
Umm, the 360 had a handful good games at launch, despite the apparent absence of a "killer-app". And let's not forget that it had a way better launch lineup that both the GC's and PS2's combined.

Of course, the Rev would get all those great titles at launch only if they actually make it to the launch window. Big name Nintendo titles are often susceptible to major delays. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of big-hitters are bumped back. After all, you blokes have been waiting for Twilight Princess for nearly two years now since it was announced. Don't get your hopes up.

Handful of good games? Umm...Call of Duty 2...and umm...ummm...yea...well...I guess one game case does take up a handful.

I don't think Revolution will see major delays because like THWIP said, they have been stockpiling. They have delayed GC games to make the Revolution launch strong. Something tells me, there are more completed Revolution games then there are 360 games...and E3 is going to show them all.

Matt said:
Handful of good games? Umm...Call of Duty 2...and umm...ummm...yea...well...I guess one game case does take up a handful.

I don't think Revolution will see major delays because like THWIP said, they have been stockpiling. They have delayed GC games to make the Revolution launch strong. Something tells me, there are more completed Revolution games then there are 360 games...and E3 is going to show them all.
Call of Duty 2, Project Gotham Racing 3, Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero if you ask most people.

WhatsHisFace said:
Without reading, I can already tell who's winning this argument.
Yeah, Spidey-bat is straight up raping.

WhatsHisFace said:
Call of Duty 2, Project Gotham Racing 3, Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero if you ask most people.

Condemned was pretty good too. Not to mention the 360 got hands down the best-looking version of NFS Most Wanted, also a game good enough to be worth mentioning.

Phaser said:
Condemned was pretty good too. Not to mention the 360 got hands down the best-looking version of NFS Most Wanted, also a game good enough to be worth mentioning.
I forgot about Condemned because that really sunk into obscurity.

I'm sure it will be remembered years from now by loyal fans demanding a sequel. :(

WhatsHisFace said:
I'm sure it will be remembered years from now by loyal fans demanding a sequel. :(

Heh, they'll be too scared to play it anyway.

Are you the guy who never finished Thief 3? And if so, did you at least get to The Shalebridge Cradel?

Phaser said:

Yeah, and I made the dumbass move of trading it in!:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"